Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

They have a better goalkeeper and attack, better depth, and whilst their defence is not great right now they have some fantastic midfielders. Both Ndombele and Lo Celso are really, really good. They both had some issues this season but they were both fantastic the season before and I think it's only a matter of time for them to gel together properly. Lo Celso especially has impressed me to no end, he can seemingly do it all.

Obviously Ole is wank, just don't know if that means Man Utd have a worse squad than ours.

Their attack is betters than ours but i'm not having that midfield. I think it's been quite subtle how much it has regressed, Dembele was their lynchpin and as he declined and ultimately left and likewise Eriksen it just doesn't have the same effectiveness in protection or creativity. When you compare that to ours where we have Ndidi who is genuinely borderline worldclass and it frees up the talents of Maddison, Tielemans and/or Praet to drive us forward. Spurs may eventually improve their midfield, I though Ndombele would be ideal for the Prem but injuries and issues with dealing with the pace have so far scuppered him. Winks is a myth, Dier has always been dog shit and Fernandes is very raw. I've probably missed others they have, Lo Celso looks decent but I see him more of a inside winger that at the very least needs an elite DCM there to allow him to do what he's very good at.

It's not just the midfield though, their full backs put their midfield in a world of shit as Aurier goes from the sublime to the ridiculous and Rose has nosedived in recent years and left now and Davies hasn't been as good as previous. Losing Trippier was bizarre, he is streets ahead of Aurier just maybe not as flashy. Don't even get me started on their centre halves, they have regressed to. It's like they just assumed Vertonghen and Alderweild would be sound for as long as they wanted to carry on for. Davison Sanchez and Foyth aren't yet anywhere near as good as these two were in their prime.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Lloris has been consistently dropping clangers for a few seasons now - as a keeper at a top club you can't make so many high profile mistakes regardless of the rest of your game. You're talking hypothetically with their midfielders too, on the basis that they *could* work out given time - they might, but without proof that they can cut it in this division surely it's amiss to say their squad blows us out the water? Moreso when we've been considerably better this season?

Lloris' mistake proneness has been overstated. If you look at the statistics of errors leading to goals, he hasn't been particularly bad. His problem is that he manages to make each mistake high profile - like in the World Cup Final, or when he broke his arm.

I'm not necessarily talking in hypotheticals with their midfielders either - Lo Celso, after Mourinho started playing him, has arguably been the best player at Spurs, and Ndombele destroyed Man City's midfield in the CL last year.

I can see that "blows out of the water" might be a bit too much, but I certainly don't think that we are better than them. We've been greater than the sum of our parts and they've been lesser than the sum of their parts. They're still only 11 points behind us anyway.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Their attack is betters than ours but i'm not having that midfield. I think it's been quite subtle how much it has regressed, Dembele was their lynchpin and as he declined and ultimately left and likewise Eriksen it just doesn't have the same effectiveness in protection or creativity. When you compare that to ours where we have Ndidi who is genuinely borderline worldclass and it frees up the talents of Maddison, Tielemans and/or Praet to drive us forward. Spurs may eventually improve their midfield, I though Ndombele would be ideal for the Prem but injuries and issues with dealing with the pace have so far scuppered him. Winks is a myth, Dier has always been dog shit and Fernandes is very raw. I've probably missed others they have, Lo Celso looks decent but I see him more of a inside winger that at the very least needs an elite DCM there to allow him to do what he's very good at.

It's not just the midfield though, their full backs put their midfield in a world of shit as Aurier goes from the sublime to the ridiculous and Rose has nosedived in recent years and left now and Davies hasn't been as good as previous. Losing Trippier was bizarre, he is streets ahead of Aurier just maybe not as flashy. Don't even get me started on their centre halves, they have regressed to. It's like they just assumed Vertonghen and Alderweild would be sound for as long as they wanted to carry on for. Davison Sanchez and Foyth aren't yet anywhere near as good as these two were in their prime.

I think Lo Celso will surprise you, as soon as he started getting games he has performed extremely well in midfield I am a massive fan of his.

Ironically I think basically all their problems regarding your second paragraph would be solved by having someone like Ndidi in their squad. Aurier is surprisingly good, he just has a few ridiculous mistakes in him. Davies is pretty average, I'd say around Fuchs' level. With an actual defensive midfielder, their backline would be a lot tighter. 

48 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Lloris' mistake proneness has been overstated. If you look at the statistics of errors leading to goals, he hasn't been particularly bad. His problem is that he manages to make each mistake high profile - like in the World Cup Final, or when he broke his arm.

I'm not necessarily talking in hypotheticals with their midfielders either - Lo Celso, after Mourinho started playing him, has arguably been the best player at Spurs, and Ndombele destroyed Man City's midfield in the CL last year.

I can see that "blows out of the water" might be a bit too much, but I certainly don't think that we are better than them. We've been greater than the sum of our parts and they've been lesser than the sum of their parts. They're still only 11 points behind us anyway.

Lloris' mistake proneness hasn't been overstated whatsoever - as of the end of 2019 he'd made 10 errors leading to goals (going back three PL seasons), more than anyone else in the division. As of Feb 2020 - he still tops the list. He was excellent, he's now decidedly average.

Re: their midfield, I don't doubt they're both very, very good players - but Ndombele has been wholly underwhelming for Spurs so far considering the fanfare; how long do we refer to his Lyon form to put up an argument that he's better than Wilf, for example? Granted you have to allow for time to adjust to the division - but in the here and now, in the Premier League - our midfield is better set than theirs, I'd even argue considerably so since they lost Eriksen.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think Lo Celso will surprise you, as soon as he started getting games he has performed extremely well in midfield I am a massive fan of his.

Ironically I think basically all their problems regarding your second paragraph would be solved by having someone like Ndidi in their squad. Aurier is surprisingly good, he just has a few ridiculous mistakes in him. Davies is pretty average, I'd say around Fuchs' level. With an actual defensive midfielder, their backline would be a lot tighter. 

But they haven't got Ndidi, he's like Kante was for us in 2015/16 in a sense that with him the whole gig comes together. Without him we're on a par with the rest of the chasing pack. He compliments the team so well. Maddison is better than Lo Celso, Tielemans and Praet have so far performed much better in the PL than Ndombele and Winks is never going to take any headlines.

Aurier isn't anywhere near the level of Ricardo defensively and going forward he isn't as good as him either. Aurier is fairly useful in the final third don't get me wrong but positionally he is muck.

I usually share a lot of the same opinions as you but even my hatred of Spurs being turned down a few notches I think we are much better equipped than them defensively and in midfield. Schmeichel vs Lloris it's a much of a muchness. Lloris has made many more high profile errors in recent years but he has been exceptional and Kasper is often very low down in goalkeeping stats and has his own weaknesses.

• Like 1

This summer looking at it from a standpoint where we get european football next year we will need reinforcements.

We need 

Cover for CB

Cover for Ndidi - Carvalho

and a RW - Everton

Use perez as cover for CF rather then play him on the wing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

This summer looking at it from a standpoint where we get european football next year we will need reinforcements.

We need 

Cover for CB

Cover for Ndidi - Carvalho

and a RW - Everton

Use perez as cover for CF rather then play him on the wing.

Diallo from Brest will be the one we sign as competition for Ndidi and a Mendy replacement.

6 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Think there’s no chance and may have mentioned before but I’d have jota and Jimenez from wolves in a heartbeat. Rate the both highly! would like ward-prowse from Southampton too, again probably too expensive. 

Agree with all three of these. Particularly the two wolves lads. JWP I am a huge fan of ... but I can’t see where he’d fit in. 

The squad I'd be happy with next year.....

GK. Kasper

Ward

LB. Kurzawa

Saka

CB. Soyuncu

Evan's

Sarr

Benkovic

RB. Ricardo

JJ

DM. Ndidi

Hamza

No8.Tielemans

Praet

No10. Maddison

Llalana

LW. Barnes

Albrighton

RW. Fraser

Perez

ST. Vardy

Ihneacho

With the sales of Chilwell, Gray and hopefully fringe players like Amartey, Slimani, Silva, kuputska and Diabate.... you are talking about a profit of potentially well over £80m and the only player of that squad we would actually need to buy would be Saka who I doubt would cost more than 20. 

That's £60m  in the bank ( ofcourse not taking into consideration wages which would hike up a bit) that could be banked OR (even better) bank half of it and use the other half to go get a differance maker like Hwang Hee Chan who could prob take the string slot in 3/4 of those positions... 

EDIT. I realise this is a very simplistic, FM way of looking at it and it's much more complicated but I dont think its out with the realms of possibility  

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Salieri said:

Me too 😕 Had a Cherno Samba poster on my bedroom wall, wonder what happened to him 🤔

CM01/02 was my life. Do you remember the previous version Chris Hope was absolutely godly. Aaahh, happy days. X 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

CM01/02 was my life. Do you remember the previous version Chris Hope was absolutely godly. Aaahh, happy days. X 

Taribo West on a free at the start of the game was the best signing you could make. Closely followed by Kim Kallstrom for buttons. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Chilwell can definitely be improved on, there really are some good talented players at left back hanging out in Europe we should go for

image.png.16f1139196a31becf55dbd371f742723.png

Has to be Gosens for me, especially if we sign another centre back meaning the flexibility to go 352 in games etc

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

Has to be Gosens for me, especially if we sign another centre back meaning the flexibility to go 352 in games etc

Although I like the idea of signing Gosens, he hasn’t played in a back 4 all season. If he’s coming in to play LM and LWB then fair,  but not a LB to replace Chilwell.

Nathan Redmond could be a useful player. On his day very good with the ball. Wouldn't cost a fortune. If get champions league will be a good option to have in the squad. 

• Like 1