Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If Fofana is indeed out of our reach this summer then I'd look at his compatriot Evan N'Dicka at Frankfurt. Was class for them the season before last aged 19 when they got to the semi's of the Europa League and were my favourite team in Europe that season mainly due to Kostic, Rebic, Jovic and Haller. N'Dicka looked very classy though and as a left footed centre half would bring a vital ability to play left of a back 3 or in a 2 which Soyuncu has tended to look his most vulnerable when playing on the left side.

Frankfurt are renown for being a selling club too, he'd be available for £15-20m.

Others young centre halves who fit our profile and whom wouldn't " expect " to instantly get in a back four or be comfortable in a back 3 are:

Diogo Leite at Porto, another team selling every player they can. Young left footed centre half who the legendary Pepe said is going to be the best Portuguese defender of his generation.

Benoit Badiashile from Monaco is a youngster who has started this season well, also scored twice in 3 games so the hype is going to be cranked up.

Marash Kumbulla at Verona was a freak on the stats bomb last season if I remember rightly, bound to go to Juventus or Inter if he's allowed to progress at Verona and properly prove himself. We could take a gamble and try and get him now before the big guns come in, very much like Fofana.

Nikola Milenkovic from Fiorentina, another team who are looking to flog players. £55m + Ghezzal for him and Chiesa please 😂

You started off so well lol

46 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Huge fan of them all actually, but Monaco already said Benoit is not leaving this year and Kumbulla has gone to Roma it seems.

Yeah I feared a couple would be out of reach even given the clubs they play for. N'Dicka and Leite would be easier to obtain. Kumbulla is going to be sensational as well 😫

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ric Flair's new striker suggestions:

Criteria: - as 3rd choice they need to be content with coming as an apprentice to learn off the master, likely to get 5-10 games in all competitions 1st season. Age bracket 17-20 costing less than £15m.

Nice list, also saw somewhere that Fabian Reese at Holstein (Bundesliga 2) is a close as possible match to Vardy, just younger obviously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Ric Flair's new striker suggestions:

Criteria: - as 3rd choice they need to be content with coming as an apprentice to learn off the master, likely to get 5-10 games in all competitions 1st season. Age bracket 17-20 costing less than £15m.

Folarin Balogun from Arsenal aged 19. He wants out from there and I don't blame him, bins of a club. Anyway, Brentford were sniffing but put off by the £8m fee. It represents a gamble and a lot for a player who has never made an appearance for the first team. His goals at youth level are very impressive though, he'd be worth taking a chance on. He's very quick and could be moulded in to a Vardy type striker.

Joao Pedro from Watford, no young Brazilian should be made to play at that hovel and especially in the Championship. At least with fans in there you can hide how horrible the gaff is but without them it's bordering on a gulag. This kid hasn't done anything in England yet after being very good in Brazil at 17. I just feel with his ability to play across the front 3 and Watford needing money that we could get him for less than £15m and his potential is unbelievable.

El-Bilal Toure from Reims, work permit issues are going off in my mind but a straight swap for Diabate ought to smooth things over with the authorities. This lad has started Ligue 1 very well in 20/21 a goal and an assist in the first 3 games. Can play through the middle or wide right and both footed. Only seen snippets of him so this is again a pick from stats and highlights but don't be fooled by the myth thst I watch a lot of football anyway as I don't. My endless suggestions are wild and anyone can do it, just got to have a passion and flair for it.

Fiete Arp from Bayern, I think this kid could be better than Haland but hopefully Bayern don't and let us have him for £10m and then Brendan gets hold of him and turns him in to a monster. Got that nice blend of being devastating at youth level, then started to get a few games at first team and done OK but nothing special and hope they would therefore sell him. 

Mohammed Daramy from Copenhagen, saw him vs Man Utd in the Europa League a few months ago and ticked all my boxes, screams FLAIR. I think his best position will be up front but is seen as a winger currently, throw the full £15m at them Jon and demand a yes like Don Logan did in Sexy Beast. DO THE JOB

Seen Joao Pedro for the first time on Friday night and he looked very good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Seen Joao Pedro for the first time on Friday night and he looked very good.

If we signed him i'd want him to go on loan to the Championship.

Too much of a talent to sit on the bench here.

Sooner we go for an older more experienced player for 3rd choice.

Get our own version of Llorente, Giroud, Ibrahimovic etc.

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

If we signed him i'd want him to go on loan to the Championship.

Too much of a talent to sit on the bench here.

Sooner we go for an older more experienced player for 3rd choice.

Get our own version of Llorente, Giroud, Ibrahimovic etc.

No offence but a third choice of that standard ain't gonna come to Leicester and play second fiddle to Vardy who is already old and experienced.

I agree with @Ric Flair, the way to go is sign a young rough diamond who you can bleed into the team gradually and hopefully be primed to take over from Vardy when the time comes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

No offence but a third choice of that standard ain't gonna come to Leicester and play second fiddle to Vardy who is already old and experienced.

I agree with @Ric Flair, the way to go is sign a young rough diamond who you can bleed into the team gradually and hopefully be primed to take over from Vardy when the time comes.

That's why I said our own version :thumbup:

A Slimani with a good attitude would be perfect.

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fabian Reese, cheap, forward but left/right wing capable.

Should be willing to play 2nd/3rd fiddle.

Might not work out, but might be worth a go

Was suggested on some article I read  :ph34r:

I'm all aboard this Dahnsouff, let's get it done!

• Like 1