Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 hour ago, Grantham Fox said:

Would love him on a loan with option/obligation to buy.

The only problem with that would be that we were then limiting our options for next year. 

If we had obligations of Jovic for £35m and Under for £25m, that £60m before THIS window has closed, we wouldn't really be in a position to do much more next year unless ofcourse we done similar type deals and kicked the fees on to the year after that. 

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

The only problem with that would be that we were then limiting our options for next year. 

If we had obligations of Jovic for £35m and Under for £25m, that £60m before THIS window has closed, we wouldn't really be in a position to do much more next year unless ofcourse we done similar type deals and kicked the fees on to the year after that. 

Aside from (imo) a keeper to challenge Kasper, we're not looking too bad going into next summer's transfer window (assuming we get our CB & Under in). The only area is LB, which is clearly being covered temporarily this season between Justin/Timmo/Fuchs

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Ricardo will be off for £60m + in the summer if we don't get top 4 (highly unlikely)

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Ricardo will be off for £60m + in the summer if we don't get top 4 (highly unlikely)

12 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Aside from (imo) a keeper to challenge Kasper, we're not looking too bad going into next summer's transfer window (assuming we get our CB & Under in). The only area is LB, which is clearly being covered temporarily this season between Justin/Timmo/Fuchs

I suppose this all makes sense. 

We go into that year and off the bat spend the £60m on Jovic and Under who hopefully are just off the back of a good season, immediately break even with the sale of Ricardo, Castagne moves to his preffered RB and that then leaves us to go get a LB which we could prob dip into a net spend of £30n or so which would get you someone top class. 

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Same agent as under too.

Wages are 170k a week though.

Not sure how comfortable I am with us getting in to bed with Fali Ramadani to be honest. He's still under investigation for the Jovic deal!

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

In:

Centre back - Fofana £25m 

Fullback - Castagne £21m ✔️
Winger - Ünder -  Loan to permanent ✔️
Winger - Ounas or Buendia £12m

Total spend £58m

Out:

Chilwell £50m ✔️
Silva £7m 
Slimani £5m

Total Income £62m

We could actually make a profit of £4m this window lol 

You are missing the apparent £3m loan fee for this season for Ünder and remains to be seen if get a fee for Silva and or Slimani.

However, if all that happens it would make for a fantastic window, with possibly room for a net spend towards a striker or left back towards the end of the transfer window.

1 minute ago, stu said:

You are missing the apparent £3m loan fee for this season for Ünder and remains to be seen if get a fee for Silva and or Slimani.

However, if all that happens it would make for a fantastic window, with possibly room for a net spend towards a striker or left back towards the end of the transfer window.

Very true but that would leave a net spend of £1m. The Silva & Slimani fee’s I got of previous links for the duo. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

In:

Centre back - Fofana £25m 

Fullback - Castagne £21m ✔️
Winger - Ünder -  Loan to permanent ✔️
Winger - Ounas or Buendia £12m

Total spend £58m

Out:

Chilwell £50m ✔️
Silva £7m 
Slimani £5m

Total Income £62m

We could actually make a profit of £4m this window lol 

Be tempted with another CB rather than another Winger, we do still have Rachid let us not forget  :mellow:

• Haha 1

Ryan Sessegnon from spuds anyone? Only 20 attack minded LB/LWB option, could push Justin to CB in the interim. Could be attainable if Spuds sign bale & Sergio R, his playing time reduces and Mourinho doesn't develop young players anymore.

Think Brendan could work his magic here.

We should be all over this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Ryan Sessegnon from spuds anyone? Only 20 attack minded LB/LWB option, could push Justin to CB in the interim. Could be attainable if Spuds sign bale & Sergio R, his playing time reduces and Mourinho doesn't develop young players anymore.

would have him for sure to compete with our wingers or play LB/LWB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Depends how much they want and I don’t know if he has ever properly converted from being an LW for Fulham to a LB/LWB at Spuds, but yes he would be an interesting option that would add to the versatility of the squad.

5 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Underwhelming at Spurs, after showing early promise at Fulham (albeit in the Championship). Pass! 

18 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Saying nahco hasnt scored the same numbers as vardy last season in his whole career is disingenuous, Iheanacho has 21 goals in 3800 minutes of play those are better numbers than most we'll find in the market. 13 assists as well, you cant really criticise him for his output, his G+A per 90 are stellar.

Vardy scored 23, right? You're telling me if Vardy gets injured on Sunday (god forbid) you'll be happy for Nacho to step up and score 15+ goals (minimum) to the end of the season? Those stats are cool and all but I can suggest you're being a tad disingenuous also for not giving context for those minutes played, right. Vardy dropped off for a section of last season, would you say Nacho stepped up and covered for those loss in goals? Do you feel when he's being given pitch time he's grabbed the opportunity and made it hard (by scoring goals and bossing/scaring defenses) for BR not to play him? Personally I don't see it. If Vardy drops off or is injured we'll struggle to fill those goals. And that's fine but it'll be reflected in where we finish in the league (which is also cool depending on your expectations). That's the difference between fighting for top 6 to fighting for mid-table. And that mid table also depends on how much the rest of the team chips in, because if they don't then what.  

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are serious about improving our options up front we will be involved in this. Loan with an option to buy for £35m next summer. Would be sensational.

...what would be the implication in respect of wages when or if we sign him!!!

We have a wage structure and a bulging wage bill, are we then to adjust upwards the likes of Vardy, Ricardo, Kasper etc to accomodate a potential salary of £170k per week for Jovic.

30 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Vardy scored 23, right? You're telling me if Vardy gets injured on Sunday (god forbid) you'll be happy for Nacho to step up and score 15+ goals (minimum) to the end of the season? Those stats are cool and all but I can suggest you're being a tad disingenuous also for not giving context for those minutes played, right. Vardy dropped off for a section of last season, would you say Nacho stepped up and covered for those loss in goals? Do you feel when he's being given pitch time he's grabbed the opportunity and made it hard (by scoring goals and bossing/scaring defenses) for BR not to play him? Personally I don't see it. If Vardy drops off or is injured we'll struggle to fill those goals. And that's fine but it'll be reflected in where we finish in the league (which is also cool depending on your expectations). That's the difference between fighting for top 6 to fighting for mid-table. And that mid table also depends on how much the rest of the team chips in, because if they don't then what.  

Not really sure what more you wanted him to do last season. Scored 5 assisted 3 in 900 minutes. Only 3 games he could have done more in were norwich, brighton and arsenal imo and he was very close to scoring against norwich, the ball brushed his hand before he scored a screamer, brighton i thought he played well but the formation was a complete mess, that game was more of a tactical failure than any of our players' fault, arsenal he scored but kolasinac running into him ruled out the goal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...what would be the implication in respect of wages when or if we sign him!!!

We have a wage structure and a bulging wage bill, are we then to adjust upwards the likes of Vardy, Ricardo, Kasper etc to accomodate a potential salary of £170k per week for Jovic.

We'd not pay him anywhere near that so Madrid would be subsidising those wages, probably in the form of a payment from us as a loan fee (same difference but effects FFP differently). 

If and when he came here permanently the most he would get is £100k a week from the off and I'm not even sure we would agree to that, players have to achieve things here (Vardy, Schmeichel, Mahrez) to get that or be ridiculously sought after but Jovic would get what Tielemans or Evans gets which is £80k or more I imagine. We offload Slimani who is on 90k a week permanently next summer at the latest too.

3 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Yes I think Nacho would score at least 15 goals if he was the main striker all season. His stats from last season have started to back that up too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We'd not pay him anywhere near that so Madrid would be subsidising those wages, probably in the form of a payment from us as a loan fee (same difference but effects FFP differently). 

If and when he came here permanently the most he would get is £100k a week from the off and I'm not even sure we would agree to that, players have to achieve things here (Vardy, Schmeichel, Mahrez) to get that or be ridiculously sought after but Jovic would get what Tielemans or Evans gets which is £80k or more I imagine. We offload Slimani who is on 90k a week permanently next summer at the latest too.

...if he is getting £170k per week, why would he accept £80k!!!