Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

7 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Vardy scored 23, right? You're telling me if Vardy gets injured on Sunday (god forbid) you'll be happy for Nacho to step up and score 15+ goals (minimum) to the end of the season? Those stats are cool and all but I can suggest you're being a tad disingenuous also for not giving context for those minutes played, right. Vardy dropped off for a section of last season, would you say Nacho stepped up and covered for those loss in goals? Do you feel when he's being given pitch time he's grabbed the opportunity and made it hard (by scoring goals and bossing/scaring defenses) for BR not to play him? Personally I don't see it. If Vardy drops off or is injured we'll struggle to fill those goals. And that's fine but it'll be reflected in where we finish in the league (which is also cool depending on your expectations). That's the difference between fighting for top 6 to fighting for mid-table. And that mid table also depends on how much the rest of the team chips in, because if they don't then what.  

Hard for Iheanacho to do that when Vardy played 90 minutes every game throughout that period... Obviously we would see a drop off in quality if Vardy was out for an extended period, but that's because he's comfortably in the Top 5 strikers in the league, not because Iheanacho is a bad backup. I think if Vardy was injured for a significant period Iheanacho would probably get 10 goals minimum this season in the PL, which is not bad at all for a backup striker. If you look at what clubs around us have (Nketiah, literally nobody for Spurs, Jota, Mousset, Obafemi, Tosun) Iheanacho is very good.

Edit: upon re-reading your scenario, if Iheanacho is playing all 38 games he would absolutely get over 15 goals. 

Edited by Nicolo Barella

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if he is getting £170k per week, why would he accept £80k!!!

Because there aren't that many clubs that routinely pay their players more than £80k a week. If he is happy to stay at Real to pick up his salary then thats his perogative but like Tielemans who was on over £100k a week two free, he was more interested in his football and has come to us on less. 

Maybe Jovic could get another big club to sign him and pay him more than we would but we will also pay him more than the majority of European teams except for the massive clubs and given he's bombed at Real he could want to rebuild his career in the PL.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because there aren't that many clubs that routinely pay their players more than £80k a week. If he is happy to stay at Real to pick up his salary then thats his perogative but like Tielemans who was on over £100k a week two free, he was more interested in his football and has come to us on less. 

Maybe Jovic could get another big club to sign him and pay him more than we would but we will also pay him more than the majority of European teams except for the massive clubs and given he's bombed at Real he could want to rebuild his career in the PL.

Posted in Twitter thread, but as Jovic is under discussion here

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Rumours that Origi is available around £15m, any takers?

The more I think about this, the more it makes sense....

Obvious quality

Good age

Affordable fee

Affordable wages

Adds depth at ST and LW

Nice wee group of Belgian pals

Rodgers signed him before

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The more I think about this, the more it makes sense....

Obvious quality

Good age

Affordable fee

Affordable wages

Adds depth at ST and LW

Nice wee group of Belgian pals

Rodgers signed him before

I agree it just seems a no-brainer but whether we've got another spare £15m is debatable and from the player's perspective I assume he's going to want to be playing on a much more regular basis, if not a guaranteed starting place.

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like Origi, he's the perfect back up striker but I also class Iheanacho as being that too. Iheanacho is 2 years younger than Origi and unless we are prepared to sell Kelechi then there would be no point to this.

If we didn't have Ayoze, I would say do it, get Origi in, drop Kelechi back as a slightly deeper striker/playmaker (To arguably his best position)

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

Or Malang Sarr or Tomori 👀

Deff take Sarr if he's available.

Can't believe Christensen is only 24, seems to have been around forever. Premier League & European experiance, can cover DM & RB as well (tho we have plenty of right backs) Danish mates with Kasper

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like Origi, he's the perfect back up striker but I also class Iheanacho as being that too. Iheanacho is 2 years younger than Origi and unless we are prepared to sell Kelechi then there would be no point to this.

Decent point but not only would Origi be perfect back up to Vardy but he would be perfect back up to Barnes. 

Also provides the ability to go two up top with plenty of depth left if needed. 

1 minute ago, Luttfox said:

Deff take Sarr if he's available.

Can't believe Christensen is only 24, seems to have been around forever. Premier League & European experiance, can cover DM & RB as well (tho we have plenty of right backs) Danish mates with Kasper

Ooooooh Danish Friends!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Decent point but not only would Origi be perfect back up to Vardy but he would be perfect back up to Barnes. 

Also provides the ability to go two up top with plenty of depth left if needed. 

Origi playing wide left is like us playing Kelechi or Perez wide right. Its an option but do we really like it? I like Iheanacho in a front 2, I think he works well with Vardy (for him) where as Vardy may work better as a lone striker but Iheanacho does provide some very good through balls when he's in a front two. 

If we did go for Origi he certainly would be an asset to us just how much of a priority would he be.