Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Origi playing wide left is like us playing Kelechi or Perez wide right. Its an option but do we really like it? I like Iheanacho in a front 2, I think he works well with Vardy (for him) where as Vardy may work better as a lone striker but Iheanacho does provide some very good through balls when he's in a front two. 

If we did go for Origi he certainly would be an asset to us just how much of a priority would he be.

Origi has played almost the exact same amount at LW as he has as ST for liverpool with an almost identical goals/assists return. 

The difference between him playing wide to Perez is that he at least has some pace. 

• Like 1

For the 25m that’s being touted, I actually think Rhian Brewster would be a decent purchase. 

He’s got bags of potential and I’d imagine his value would hold well even if he turned out to be mediocre.

Given our extra games and the age of Vardy, you’d think this would be a great fit. 

I’d take him over Origi as the upward potential is far higher and in general looks smart business for whoever gets him

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

For the 25m that’s being touted, I actually think Rhian Brewster would be a decent purchase. 

He’s got bags of potential and I’d imagine his value would hold well even if he turned out to be mediocre.

Given our extra games and the age of Vardy, you’d think this would be a great fit. 

I’d take him over Origi as the upward potential is far higher and in general looks smart business for whoever gets him

Solanke mark 2

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I read today that they're only going to sell him with a buy-back clause.

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I read today that they're only going to sell him with a buy-back clause.

Ah right, wouldn’t make sense for a club like ourselves then. 

Obviously for lower prem teams he may do well but never reach Liverpool’s heights. For us, if he performs as we’d hope Liverpool would want him back. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

With Liverpool going for Jota it's rumoured Shaqiri is leaving, we should be all over this, brilliant player imo

Nope. Spends far too much time injured like Jack Wilshere. Not a player we need desperately if Cengiz signing goes through.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Shaqiri plays on the Left doesn't he, sharing the season with Barnes, him and maddision would be dynamite 

For every good game he has 7 bad ones. There's a reason Bayern sold him to Stoke. He just shone there in a bad team and went to Liverpool as a back up option. 

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

...just watched him on Youtube...and he is some player!!!

I like his attitude, strong in possession, moreover I like when he is challenged he does not look to go down or if he  goes down he isn't looking for the whistle as he is looking to regain the ball straight away. If that was Maddison he would hit the deck at the slightest contact, which I do not like to see.

Brewster has a Vardism where he has the ability to adjust his shape when the ball comes to him in an awkward way. He scores goals which many players would be looking for the extra touch but he takes it first time. I would love to get this lad in as the striker to eventually take the Vardy position, should we wait another season he will be out our reach. 

Three options we should be looking at, if Liverpool are to sign Jota then Sarr who plays for Watford surely is worth a go? 
Brewster clearly is to be sold, probably to sheff Utd but again I feel he’d be a good signing.

finally, Shaqiri has to be surplus to requirements with Liverpool’s options now beginning grow. 

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Three options we should be looking at, if Liverpool are to sign Jota then Sarr who plays for Watford surely is worth a go? 
Brewster clearly is to be sold, probably to sheff Utd but again I feel he’d be a good signing.

finally, Shaqiri has to be surplus to requirements with Liverpool’s options now beginning grow. 

Brewster would be fantastic and would probably be okay playing a smaller role for a season or two and at 20 million wouldn't be a lot of money.

Sarr I would love but with Under and Barnes as our wingers I feel he's too good as a back up

Shaqiri I think he's trash, others will disagree but it's a definite pass from me.

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Brewster would be fantastic and would probably be okay playing a smaller role for a season or two and at 20 million wouldn't be a lot of money.

Sarr I would love but with Under and Barnes as our wingers I feel he's too good as a back up

Shaqiri I think he's trash, others will disagree but it's a definite pass from me.

Brewster could be perfect for us, I don’t think we’d get a better opportunity to sign him, we’ll regret it when he’s a 50m striker!

in terms of sarr and shaqiri I just think If we were to sell gray then someone else to come in would offer us some great options. The likes of Bayern rotate their wingers a lot keeping them fresh and make them unpredictable! 

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Brewster could be perfect for us, I don’t think we’d get a better opportunity to sign him, we’ll regret it when he’s a 50m striker!

in terms of sarr and shaqiri I just think If we were to sell gray then someone else to come in would offer us some great options. The likes of Bayern rotate their wingers a lot keeping them fresh and make them unpredictable! 

I agree with all of that but I don't really fancy shaqiri purely based on me not rating him highly. I feel Sarr would want to play every match and if there's a deal to be done then we should be all over that. If Sarr wants to play 38 games a season we should let him do that elsewhere because that's not realistic here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Apparently, Brewster is only being sold with a buy-back clause.

11 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Apparently, Brewster is only being sold with a buy-back clause.

Yeah that would be a pass from me then. Never like buy back clauses especially at our level. They can be fine for clubs at lower levels but at the top end there no place for them in my opinion. Will do more harm than good.

• Like 1