Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

A lot of talk about wingers, defenders, but how much do you think this club should spend on a striker. If at all. People sound happy with Perez, Nacho and Vardy but if Vardy gets injured we're left with a strike force that doesn't hit double figures in a season (Nacho in total (his whole career) hasn't hit Vardy's goals from just last season). I'm not saying we're going to get relegated if Vardy gets injured but when we look at some of the teams relegated in the last few years, they play nice football, have some skillful positions, good possession, even got into a lot of scoring situations, yet just could put the ball in the back of the net. Where we end in a season is directly effected by our ability to score. Another of Vardy's massive runs last season is what pushed us into that top four spot, his drop in form (along with other issues) helped to put us out of it. So how many seasons do we go gambling on Vardy not getting injured. And when we finally pull the trigger on a new striker should we go with a known entity or a youngish player like Trincao 

34 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Heard on talksport possibly Everton putting up most of the squad for Sale to bring in funding For better quality players, sounds bizarre but who would you go for ??

For me Digne looks quality great on the ball Calvert Lewis could improve under Brendan ?

I think it's more that they've got a whole team's worth of transfer-listed players. I don't think they're going to sell DCL.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Romano is such a fraud, just repeats and reposts what other well connected journalists report 

Sorry but thats absolute bollocks. He's one of the very few people that is reliable. 

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Heard on talksport possibly Everton putting up most of the squad for Sale to bring in funding For better quality players, sounds bizarre but who would you go for ??

For me Digne looks quality great on the ball Calvert Lewis could improve under Brendan ?

I'd doubt they'd sell either of these two tbh, Digne has been one their best players since he arrived and DCL is finally starting to deliver on his potential.

30 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

No it isn't.

He's reliable as he reposts stories from a select few reliable journalists and doesn't post random punts. 

He doesn't need to post random punts because he's not a wannabe ITK.

He'll post stuff when there's an update and whether that's from other journos or not, you can't question his reliability.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

He doesn't need to post random punts because he's not a wannabe ITK.

He'll post stuff when there's an update and whether that's from other journos or not, you can't question his reliability.

He's reliable for sure, I just get tired of seeing him almost worshipped when he simply just relays what's already been confirmed elsewhere. 

If Castagne, Fofana and Under were pur only business this window  I would be happy with that. 

I understand the financial implications of the pandemic and as a minimum, its adequate. Three quality players in positions we need quality players, LB, CB and RW. It doesn't just improve our squad but our starting eleven. 

However.....

If I was to be a bit greedy, one more signing would make a good window  a great window. 

Either McNeil or Eduoard would be outstanding. A LW player for depth and competition to Barnes OR a quality striker who could (on paper) inherit Vardys spot. 

Not sure which one I would prefer to be honest....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

With Under incoming, surely a chance to actually play Perez in his correct position?

Radical, crazy thinking I know.

Under is certainly going to be the main player at RW and be given every chance to prove he should be.  That makes Perez basically a backup to Maddison and Vardy, which I think is perfectly fine as those are his natural positions.  Not every player is going to be happy but we're going to be playing a lot of football, and BR must rotate the squad more than he did last season.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If Castagne, Fofana and Under were pur only business this window  I would be happy with that. 

I understand the financial implications of the pandemic and as a minimum, its adequate. Three quality players in positions we need quality players, LB, CB and RW. It doesn't just improve our squad but our starting eleven. 

However.....

If I was to be a bit greedy, one more signing would make a good window  a great window. 

Either McNeil or Eduoard would be outstanding. A LW player for depth and competition to Barnes OR a quality striker who could (on paper) inherit Vardys spot. 

Agree, but would love Trincao on a similar deal to Under. Loan with an obligation to buy, as my lperfect window.

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Going around again that Jovic could be available for loan

Someone that we should definitely take a look at

If we are serious about improving our options up front we will be involved in this. Loan with an option to buy for £35m next summer. Would be sensational.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Same agent as under too.

Wages are 170k a week though.

Real Madrid , could offset half his wages or even more I would have thought? 

I reckon we would be interested; if we offload Slimani, Silva and co; would free up wages to bring him in.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are serious about improving our options up front we will be involved in this. Loan with an option to buy for £35m next summer. Would be sensational.

With Madrid having paid €60m for him I imagine they would probably be looking at €40m-50m for a permanent fee

But still with the rumoured fee of £40m for Edouard it looks like that is the kind of fee we are going to have to end up paying for a quality striker anyway

9 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

However.....

Agree with this, 100%.