Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Prolific pre season and 3 goals in the last two games.

I think the pre-season/ first 10 games are not going to be the time to judge most players this season. Lots of good players playing poorly, lots of players unexpectedly doing well against unorganised/not sharp/unfit opposition.

15 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

I think the pre-season/ first 10 games are not going to be the time to judge most players this season. Lots of good players playing poorly, lots of players unexpectedly doing well against unorganised/not sharp/unfit opposition.

I think that’s true to an extent - the cream will rise to the top eventually, but Zaha for me is part of that quality group and especially so when on form like he is at the moment - even against Manchester Utd. For me it’s not unexpected him doing so well at the moment. He’d be brilliant for us if we could afford him as he’s able to play as a left sided fwd or lead the line if Vardy needed to be rested or picked up an injury. He’d be an additional of real quality adding depth and cover for us over the coming years.

12 minutes ago, Nick said:

I think that’s true to an extent - the cream will rise to the top eventually, but Zaha for me is part of that quality group and especially so when on form like he is at the moment - even against Manchester Utd. For me it’s not unexpected him doing so well at the moment. He’d be brilliant for us if we could afford him as he’s able to play as a left sided fwd or lead the line if Vardy needed to be rested or picked up an injury. He’d be an additional of real quality adding depth and cover for us over the coming years.

He'd be an upgrade on Gray without a doubt, and perhaps under a new manager might then find some consistency alongside better players etc. I think the cost and wages would be the stumbling block and he's out of our budget for sure.

13 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

He'd be an upgrade on Gray without a doubt, and perhaps under a new manager might then find some consistency alongside better players etc. I think the cost and wages would be the stumbling block and he's out of our budget for sure.

He’d be an upgrade on Gray, Barnes, Perez, Nacho and anybody I’ve left out that plays on the left or as an option at 9 if Vardy is injured. But yeah, probably out of our budget - I wonder what they would consider £35-40 million?

And with Bale now at Spurs I don’t see another PL club apart from us that would be an option for him tbh - maybe Wolves?

Edited by Nick

31 minutes ago, Nick said:

He’d be an upgrade on Gray, Barnes, Perez, Nacho and anybody I’ve left out that plays on the left or as an option at 9 if Vardy is injured. But yeah, probably out of our budget - I wonder what they would consider £35-40 million?

And with Bale now at Spurs I don’t see another PL club apart from us that would be an option for him tbh - maybe Wolves?

Absolutely, not sure we're going to address the left in this window tbf. We've got adequate cover for the left, and with Under able to play both sides, I think we'll do a fair bit of rotation across both sides in the line-up and during the games tactically. I think he'd be a good shout, but Palace have been steadfast in trying to capitalise on his value (or overvalue dependent on who's sniffing). We do seem like a logical option, but we've not been even linked by LCFCHQ as a whisper of a rumour, so unless we're struggling to meet home grown quotas, we'll likely go abroad for a cheaper option when the time comes.

Edited by sphericalfox

@RumbleFox raised a good point about needing someone more experienced to help us through the latter stages of the season.

If we can snag Fofana on top of having signed Ünder and Castagne, I think our squad is much stronger than last season. But it could still benefit from that experienced head - maybe a CM?

Anyone got any suggestions?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CloudFox said:

@RumbleFox raised a good point about needing someone more experienced to help us through the latter stages of the season.

If we can snag Fofana on top of having signed Ünder and Castagne, I think our squad is much stronger than last season. But it could still benefit from that experienced head - maybe a CM?

Anyone got any suggestions?

I have a suspicion that we might go and get Callum McGregor late in the window and it might see Hamza go out on loan. 

Ok, 27 isn't exactly what you would have in mind when you think of experienced but he has played an insane amount of football over the last couple of year and he suits us a whole lot more than Chodhury does. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Shame that right back is our strongest position, would want us to be all over that Lamptey lad

He has been incredible today and just as impressive any time I've saw him. Would love him as a long term successor to Ricky but unfortunately  if he didn't come here this window he will be way out our reach from next year onwards. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He has been incredible today and just as impressive any time I've saw him. Would love him as a long term successor to Ricky but unfortunately  if he didn't come here this window he will be way out our reach from next year onwards. 

Can see him Man City going for him next summer if he has a good season

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Can see him Man City going for him next summer if he has a good season

Absolutely. Liverpool have TAA, Utd have AWB, Chelsea have that Reece James but Man City, Spurs and Arsenal are realistically in need of a decent long term RB and for the cash Brighton would want  it only leaves one option really. 

On 18/09/2020 at 23:53, fox_up_north said:

For every good game he has 7 bad ones. There's a reason Bayern sold him to Stoke. He just shone there in a bad team and went to Liverpool as a back up option. 

Not accurate. Bayern sold 'cause he insisted on having first team action, even when he wasn't ready yet. If it was up to them intirely he'd stayed a bit longer to earn his place. 

The Chilwell sale basically pays for Castagne, Fofana (hopefully) & Under. Maybe if we can clear the deadwood we'll be able to generate funds for 1-2 more signings late on in the window. 

Gray: 10m (permanent sale)

Amartey, Benkovic, Silva, Diabate, Ghezzal, Slimani: 10m (mixture of permanent sales/loan fees)

Hopefully will give us around 20m extra to spend if we can get rid of them all. 

• Like 1