Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Gotta love the variety of opinions in this thread, ranging from going in for a crocked Troy Deeney to Willian (2 premier leagues, 1 potentially 2 FA Cups, 1 league cup, COPA America, 2 Europa League wins, 9 goals 7 assists this term) being nothing special!! If we had any chance of getting Willian in we’d be laughing, but I can’t see him wanting to come here when he can pick between staying in London, or going abroad 

36 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

People are talking if we're way worse off than other clubs....compared to most clubs in the premier league we're much better off than we were a year ago- yes theres been a pandemic but its the same for everyone. 

Also people slagging off congerton, macia had a terrible rep before he joined here - our system is still one of the best going and we've got the same DoF in charge. I get congerton has been poor but at appaulling run clubs. There's still some very good operators running our club.

He was a disaster at my club and we had a great record in the transfer market of buying low and selling high before he arrived and we've recovered now since he's left. Like I've said before hopefully his influence is marginalised at Leicester and he can't do much damage but the guy is a useless clown and has been everywhere he's been, there's not one single club he even done a mediocre job at.

8 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

He was a disaster at my club and we had a great record in the transfer market of buying low and selling high before he arrived and we've recovered now since he's left. Like I've said before hopefully his influence is marginalised at Leicester and he can't do much damage but the guy is a useless clown and has been everywhere he's been, there's not one single club he even done a mediocre job at.

Signed edouard and dembele didnt he?

Edited by Abrasive fox

5 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Just out of curiosity, how did it change significantly before and after Congerton ? I know you picked up Van Dijk and Wanyama for bargain buys but I also know you’ve had Dembele and Eduardo who have done very well for you. Not disputing what you’re saying, just trying to understand the significant difference in quality, pre and post congerton.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just out of curiosity, how did it change significantly before and after Congerton ? I know you picked up Van Dijk and Wanyama for bargain buys but I also know you’ve had Dembele and Eduardo who have done very well for you. Not disputing what you’re saying, just trying to understand the significant difference in quality, pre and post congerton.

Dembele was done even before Rodgers arrived, we had been working on that since the January prior to his arrival. Like I said in the post above Edouard had nothing to do with Congerton.

The difference was we wasted money on absolute dross that barely ever played, guys like Hendry, Kouassi, Comperr combined cost the guts of £8m which is a lot of money for us and if you add all the games they started in the time they were at the club it wouldn't total 10. All when Hendry goes will have left the club for free also. I can't think of one decent signing we made in the time Congerton was responsible for transfers (Ntcham again wasn't him, that was Man City who urged us to sign him due to the long standing relationship between the clubs).

Since he's left we are back to signing good young players, who'll go for decent money and it looks like we have an actual strategy again. The summer before Rodgers left the board had lost all faith in Congerton as Rodgers identified three players needed that summer and Congerton's list with the players that fitted the bill cost £80m apparently.  

The guy is an absolute charlatan. It's telling the only way he can get a job now is by hanging on to Rodgers coat tails.

• Like 1

Is it beyond crazy to consider the idea of Adrien Silva coming back in the gap left by Mendy. Granted, he's never been great, but he has vast European experience, and he's ours.

Him and KDH coming through would mean we don't need to worry about the CM positions. 

• Haha 1

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Is it beyond crazy to consider the idea of Adrien Silva coming back in the gap left by Mendy. Granted, he's never been great, but he has vast European experience, and he's ours.

Him and KDH coming through would mean we don't need to worry about the CM positions. 

Isn't a popular opinion but I feel Silva was decent whenever he played and was shipped out before he had time to settle. Think the club and our fans handling of silva is bizarre.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Isn't a popular opinion but I feel Silva was decent whenever he played and was shipped out before he had time to settle. Think the club and our fans handling of silva is bizarre.

100%

We've stood scratching our heads at the inclusion of Matty James on our bench towards the end of our season, with absolutely no intention of him playing. At least Silva could add a little something. 

7 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Dembele was done even before Rodgers arrived, we had been working on that since the January prior to his arrival. Like I said in the post above Edouard had nothing to do with Congerton.

The difference was we wasted money on absolute dross that barely ever played, guys like Hendry, Kouassi, Comperr combined cost the guts of £8m which is a lot of money for us and if you add all the games they started in the time they were at the club it wouldn't total 10. All when Hendry goes will have left the club for free also. I can't think of one decent signing we made in the time Congerton was responsible for transfers (Ntcham again wasn't him, that was Man City who urged us to sign him due to the long standing relationship between the clubs).

Since he's left we are back to signing good young players, who'll go for decent money and it looks like we have an actual strategy again. The summer before Rodgers left the board had lost all faith in Congerton as Rodgers identified three players needed that summer and Congerton's list with the players that fitted the bill cost £80m apparently.  

The guy is an absolute charlatan. It's telling the only way he can get a job now is by hanging on to Rodgers coat tails.

Thanks, it’s an interesting one but I do think Congerton will be answerable to Rudkin and adds another voice to process rather then being the voice. Our 2016 summer was very poor, we wasted millions on players who have not really contributed since arrival. I think that always lingers in the mind of the board/scouting team as a result. Our signings since then have all been with extensive research, though we have had the odd manager recommendation (Ghezzal) and player who hasn’t really worked out. 

Will be interesting to see how much he influences the process this summer. 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Thanks, it’s an interesting one but I do think Congerton will be answerable to Rudkin and adds another voice to process rather then being the voice. Our 2016 summer was very poor, we wasted millions on players who have not really contributed since arrival. I think that always lingers in the mind of the board/scouting team as a result. Our signings since then have all been with extensive research, though we have had the odd manager recommendation (Ghezzal) and player who hasn’t really worked out. 

Will be interesting to see how much he influences the process this summer. 

Hopefully this is the case.

Just now, Pliskin said:

I think we will make a move for Ings. He will cost a few pennies but I reckon we will fancy him. 

He'll cost a fortune this summer, easy £50m, can't see you guys paying that when you already have Vardy and are crying out for a decent wide player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

He'll cost a fortune this summer, easy £50m, can't see you guys paying that when you already have Vardy and are crying out for a decent wide player.

We wont get him, but I can see us putting a pathetic £15m bid in.

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think we will make a move for Ings. He will cost a few pennies but I reckon we will fancy him. 

Absolutely no chance.

I wouldn't even want us to waste our time.

1) He'd cost around 60m+

2) He's got a horrendous injury record.

3) He's not exactly young.

4) He's never had a season like the one he's just had.

5) We've seen countless examples of players having one season like that, getting a big move and then failing spectacularly. Like Danny Ings.

6) He wouldn't even get into our team.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Maybe Justin solves our centre back problem?

He's been pretty good and and can do everything else. He's going to be a real star for us.

Not sure how often he will feature unless we convert him into an overlapping full back winger interchanging with Ricardo...

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He's been pretty good and and can do everything else. He's going to be a real star for us.

Yet to see it with him, some games he's looked ok others he's looked pretty fragile, big season next season for him.

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We have 2 strikers that average a goal every 1 and a half games. I can't see us looking at any striker who's stock is at their highest, one might come in on loan (Jovic) but we won't make another permanent signing who'll be demanding a start every game. 

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Yet to see it with him, some games he's looked ok others he's looked pretty fragile, big season next season for him.

I think he's looked really good considering the situation. With ricardo back he'll be our cup/europa league right back next year so he doesnt need to prove much more than he already has done, still got plenty of time to develop before he has to step up as our number one RB.

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Only if we play a 3 surely. Been impressed with him but looks a full back more than a centre half to me

• Like 2

Just now, sdb said:

Only if we play a 3 surely. Been impressed with him but looks a full back more than a centre half to me

Yeah, I can't see Justin playing CB in a 4-man defence. Right-sided CB in a back three could be good though and I thought he had a superb game against Man Utd. He seems to be a very adaptable player.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

We have 2 strikers that average a goal every 1 and a half games. I can't see us looking at any striker who's stock is at their highest, one might come in on loan (Jovic) but we won't make another permanent signing who'll be demanding a start every game. 

We need a new striker. Kalechi is far too inconsistent and love him as much as I do, Vardy is 34 next season. We can't go another season over relying on Vardy.