Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Take your pick from those.

Not many names there that you’d think would improve us in the positions we are lacking.

Doesnt exactly fit in with the creativity comment from Brendan either.

Edit... Borini :shutup:

Edited by stu
  • Sad 1

For me we clearly need another ball carrier in midfield. Tielemans and Praet both like to pass it about but neither drive forward with the ball like Maddison. I’d bring Eze in, don’t think he’d cost more than £20m either and would set us up nicely if Maddison leaves next summer. 

I think Wesley Fofana would be the perfect young player to bring in as back up for Soy and Evans.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, stu said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/endendevertraege

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/vertragslosespieler

Take your pick from those.

Not many names there that you’d think would improve us in the positions we are lacking.

Doesnt exactly fit in with the creativity comment from Brendan either.

Edit... Borini :shutup:

Malang Sarr, Fraser and Gotze are the ones I think would fit but don't know... 

If all we are going to do is free signings, presumably benkovic will be brought back to be that third cb unless we could get sarr and we may require slimani and silva back to ensure we have enough in the squad. Personally fraser, lusamba and Sarr would be an okay window. If we are limited to frees, with the end of season we have had, it is going to be a difficult campaign next year. 

3 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

If all we are going to do is free signings, presumably benkovic will be brought back to be that third cb unless we could get sarr and we may require slimani and silva back to ensure we have enough in the squad. Personally fraser, lusamba and Sarr would be an okay window. If we are limited to frees, with the end of season we have had, it is going to be a difficult campaign next year. 

https://www.90min.com/posts/6567825-leicester-city-close-to-signing-nice-midfielder-arnaud-lusamba-on-free-transfer

makes sense will be one of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Expect 3 or 4 bosman signings to come in over the coming few weeks from abroad. 

Net spend will be very small and no plans to sell any major players. 

Cheers for the info.

As I expected regarding 3 or 4 freebies, but I thought we'd spend 25-35m on a winger who can score goals. If that doesn't happen and we go into next season with Barnes, Perez and Gray in the two starting slots, then I fear we aren't going to live up to much next season.

Willian, Pedro and Fraser are the only decent wingers in those lists, and they'll all want high wages (so can't see us going for them), although Frasers demands will be less than the other two.

I bet that ****ing clown Congerton has already had a zoom call with the 35-year-old Jordi Gomez and washed up Jack Rodwell.  Couple of nice 4 year deals are probably being faxed to both of them.

Can't wait to crash out of the Europa League and then bounce around 15th until we finish 12th and Brendan sees it as a 'great platform with plenty of room for improvement for the following season'.

Fućk off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I bet that ****ing clown Congerton has already had a zoom call with the 35-year-old Jordi Gomez and washed up Jack Rodwell.  Couple of nice 4 year deals are probably being faxed to both of them.

Can't wait to crash out of the Europa League and then bounce around 15th until we finish 12th and Brendan sees it as a 'great platform with plenty of room for improvement for the following season'.

Fućk off.

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

That's the spirit!!

24 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Cheers for the info.

As I expected regarding 3 or 4 freebies, but I thought we'd spend 25-35m on a winger who can score goals. If that doesn't happen and we go into next season with Barnes, Perez and Gray in the two starting slots, then I fear we aren't going to live up to much next season.

Willian, Pedro and Fraser are the only decent wingers in those lists, and they'll all want high wages (so can't see us going for them), although Frasers demands will be less than the other two.

Maybe the change to 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-1-2 will be permanent. Would leave us with the squad of

Kasper (ward)

Cags (fuchs)

Evans (morgan)

Sarr (benkovic) 

Ricardo (justin)

Ndidi (hamza)

Tielemans (praet)

Chilwell (thomas) 

Maddison (lusamba)

Perez (fraser) 

Vardy (nacho) 

With gray, Kevin, Hirst and maybe dewsbury Hall as alternative options. 

Obviously a few of those can play in a number of positions which helps, but I guess playing that formation limits the amount of signings needed to keep a strong first 11. Also reliant on us signing the players I've put in 

Edited by North Leeds Fox

Makes me laugh that people are blaming Rodgers/Congerton as if they've specifically asked to only sign free transfers lol 

If that's all we do, it will be because the club is tightening their wallets with big money spent on training ground, stadium upgrade, and concerns about how Covid will impact them given they run a duty free business.

I don't think we'll spend lots but I think we'll still be in the market for £20m-£30m players, 1 or maybe 2. Couple of freebies and a couple of high profile loans. I just hope we can get them sorted early on rather than waiting until towards the end of the window. If done right, then I think that could be enough, one thing is for sure, if money is tight we can't be spending it on Vestergaard.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

That's the spirit!!

I can't give you anymore.  If my team can't get up for the Champions League, but instead insist on making me fly to dodgy Ukrainian airports, where, let's face it, I don't know if I'm going to get shot down or not, I can't help but feel a touch bitter at the moment.

I've got nothing left.  Big Daddy's got nothing.  I want to give you everything.  But I can't.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Expect 3 or 4 bosman signings to come in over the coming few weeks from abroad. 

Net spend will be very small and no plans to sell any major players. 

Pray to the lord that there are 2 world class wingers and a striker available for free!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Not sure if this is too much of a stretch but Aaron Ramsey isn’t getting on at Juve, reckon he’d definitely improve us in the middle of the park.

Benrahma I’d love us to sign also

Ramsey is on 300k per week at Juventus.

• Sad 1

It's about time we took advantage of clubs who have players on large wages who they badly need off their books and we loan them with a view to a permanent deal. I'm not talking of muck like Ryan Bennett but there's got to be some clubs in France, Italy, Spain and Germany in a spot of bother due to the pandemic and will be more open to getting their wage outlay down.

Christian Kouame who is on loan at Fiorentina from Genoa would be an interesting target, both clubs are financially in a bit of bother and not sure if Fiorentina can get out of a permanent deal for him. Had his injury problems this season but I really rate him.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's about time we took advantage of clubs who have players on large wages who they badly need off their books and we loan them with a view to a permanent deal. I'm not talking of muck like Ryan Bennett but there's got to be some clubs in France, Italy, Spain and Germany in a spot of bother due to the pandemic and will be more open to getting their wage outlay down.

Christian Kouame who is on loan at Fiorentina from Genoa would be an interesting target, both clubs are financially in a bit of bother and not sure if Fiorentina can get out of a permanent deal for him. Had his injury problems this season but I really rate him.

This sounds like decent strategy . There are also opportunities to be had on players entering the final year on their contracts when value is reduced. Clever shopping and playing the market doesn’t have to be signing ageing and out of contract players and Bosmans . The Bennett signing was under very different circumstances and the difficulty in adding to the squad in January that his signing demonstrates, makes it vital to get the summer window right .

46 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Too much focus on here on the negatives in @themightyfin's post. He also said net spend.

I'm not remotely ITK but I expect one or two signings in the £20/30M bracket. That would net down nicely with a handful of sales, and with more leaving than arriving should leave the wage bill much as is. 

Thought he said we wouldn't be selling anyone major. Everyone will be looking for something for nothing. Hard to generate any sizable amount of money to buy quality and still have enough players to be competitive. We still have to grow our squad.

8 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Thought he said we wouldn't be selling anyone major. Everyone will be looking for something for nothing. Hard to generate any sizable amount of money to buy quality and still have enough players to be competitive. We still have to grow our squad.

That's the main reason we are signing 3-4 on a free, then we could sell 1-2 for 20-25 millions in total to sign one good player - Benrahma or Buendia for example