Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

22 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Only if we play a 3 surely. Been impressed with him but looks a full back more than a centre half to me

Reads the game extremely well and by what hes shown at CB extremely versatile. I couldn't imagine chilwell playing CB in a back 3

30 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We need a new striker. Kalechi is far too inconsistent and love him as much as I do, Vardy is 34 next season. We can't go another season over relying on Vardy.  

Ings is 28, he's not someone to look at with his stock so high, there is 0% chance his stock goes up here, which is the type of signing we generally go for.

Iheanacho has exactly the same goals per min ratio as Vardy this season, gets pulled after half a game if he doesn't score, unlike Vardy and then has to sit out the next 2 games.

He gets 15 goals next season given a run, I'm sure of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Isn't a popular opinion but I feel Silva was decent whenever he played and was shipped out before he had time to settle. Think the club and our fans handling of silva is bizarre.

.. gave the ball away a lot!!!

Constantly dispossessed as too slow moving the ball. Starts the game ok, but then deteriorates as his game became sloppy and had to be removed.

The Premiership pace does not suit him, much slower pace on the Continent.

• Like 1

Just now, Cjt1976 said:

I would like to see

Cantwell (Norwich)

Ings (Southampton)

Smalling (Man Utd)

Brooks (Bournemouth)

Defuleou (Watford)

Looking at the relegated teams is probably a smart place to start. For me I think the following could all be good signings at the right price:

- Nathan Ake

- Callum Wilson

- David Brooks

- Ismailla Sarr

- Todd Cantwell

- Abdoulaye Doucouré

It will be interesting to see where Ake goes, IMO he's still one of the best CB's in the league outside the top 6. All of the others I think would offer additional bodies and options in various parts of the team. 

• Like 1

For the last two windows we have allegedly put an offer in for Solomon Kvirkvelia. The Georgian giant centre back from Lokamotiv Moscow. According to his agent, he didn’t join us January because he wanted to finish the league, and win it again. Wonder if he’ll come this summer, or if we’ll even be in for him 🤷🏻‍♂️

If we sell Chilwell, something like this seems realistic:

Out: £75 + 20

Chilwell £60 + 20 million

Gray £15 million

In: £100 million

Telles £25 million

Sarr £25 million

Fofana £20 million

Eze £18 million

Brooks £12 million

Barnes/Brooks Vardy/Iheanacho Sarr/Perez

Maddison/Eze Ndidi/Hamza Tielemans/Praet

Telles/Fuchs Soyuncu/Fofana Evans/Benkovic Ricardo/Justin

Schmeichel/Ward

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

We need a new striker. Kalechi is far too inconsistent and love him as much as I do, Vardy is 34 next season. We can't go another season over relying on Vardy.  

Not the most inspiring of names but does anyone know much about Alexander Sorloth and his style of play?

He's scored an absolute hatful for Trabzonspor on loan from Palace. It looks like the Eagles have really dropped the ball on that one as there's a £5.5m permanent transfer clause if he plays 50% the games his second loan season, which Palace can't renege on, and which Trabzonspor are trying to activate early in order to sell him on for a load of profit (like Frankfurt did with Jovic).

I wonder if it's worth getting in on that.

2 minutes ago, Cjt1976 said:

Think Brooks will be more than £12m especially if Eze is £18m hes only played in the championship

Think he would be 20 mil minimum, 25 mil maximum. Definitely worth the price though considering that if bournemouth hadnt gone down he would be 45 mil+. At full fitness i think he's better than sarr as well.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Yet to see it with him, some games he's looked ok others he's looked pretty fragile, big season next season for him.

His best 2 games for us since the restart were Arsenal away and Man Utd at home, looked much better when we went to wingbacks but then has been victim to us losing various players to injury and suspension. I think he will be a superb player, crazy he was playing League One football last season.

• Like 1

Anyone know why we're not in for Eze from QPR? Guardian reporting its between West Ham, Palace, Villa, Newcastle and WBA, fee up to £20m. Looks a heck of a prospect as a 10, not sure if he could become an 8?

Have we got our sights set elsewhere? Think we all can see we need another ball-carrying midfielder...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Anyone know why we're not in for Eze from QPR? Guardian reporting its between West Ham, Palace, Villa, Newcastle and WBA, fee up to £20m. Looks a heck of a prospect as a 10, not sure if he could become an 8?

Have we got our sights set elsewhere? Think we all can see we need another ball-carrying midfielder...

Frustrating as surely we'd be the pick of the teams. I'd like to think we have money to spend elsewhere if not, but even that doesn't sound likely. 

I don't get the hype around these Championship players like Eze and Benrahma. Many good Championship players struggle to make the step up. Maddison is the most obvious success story but there are many failures. There are plenty of good players out there that don't have to be from England.

Championship signings are more likely and a better fit when you're a mid table side like we were under Puel. I would hope City, if they have the funds, will be looking to quality players across Europe or other PL teams, as opposed to taking players from clubs like Brentford and QPR.

Chucking a mid table Championship player into a Europa League campaign has the potential to be a Vardy level steep learning curve.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

He has been enticed by the prospect of playing in the Champions League alongside the Belgian next season.”... are you going to tell him or shall I?!

Has anyone else mentioned John Stones? 

I heard that he may be available as he's not in Peps plans...and he's not really good enough for Man City, is he?!

A back 3 of Evans, Stones and Cags, with Chilwell and Pereira as wings backs would be quite tasty 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

I heard that he may be available as he's not in Peps plans...and he's not really good enough for Man City, is he?!

A back 3 of Evans, Stones and Cags, with Chilwell and Pereira as wings backs would be quite tasty 

Rodgers would probably love him but I would think he's well outside our price range even with a hefty discount applied

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

Yep, would depend on the price though. I’d imagine they’d want to fund the move for Ake, so would be looking at least £35 million, which is too much I believe. £25 million would be my maximum.

Man City wouldn’t sell him. They’ve only got Stones, Otamendi and Laporte as ‘proven’ senior players. Even when Ake comes in its hardly a full complement even including Garcia