Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I think at £40m zaha would be a decent price, not sure we’ll be going for a “marquee” signing this summer 

If he starts kicking up a fuss the longer the window goes on, they'll be lucky to get £30m. He's already started making the noises the day after the season ended and Roy is resigned to him leaving. Top 4, I doubt will need him. Spurs, Arsenal, Everton and us could be, realistic. None can afford £40m I would have thought. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

If he starts kicking up a fuss the longer the window goes on, they'll be lucky to get £30m. He's already started making the noises the day after the season ended and Roy is resigned to him leaving. Top 4, I doubt will need him. Spurs, Arsenal, Everton and us could be, realistic. None can afford £40m I would have thought. 

Zaha is on £130k a week, only way he's moving is by taking a pay cut i'd say, his last season hasn't been good.

On 26/07/2020 at 13:04, Foxes96 said:

Some decent options for that RW position that shouldn’t cost the world. 

Matheus Pereira - Looked class in the championship, and if West Brom don’t go for him would probs be my first choice.

• David Brooks - Creative left footed right winger, and should be available for a decent price should Bournemouth go down.

• Grealish - Most established and most expensive on the list but not sure where he fits, would be a very decent addition, but would mean more square pegs in round holes and all that. 

• Ismailia Sarr - Looked decent in recent weeks very direct and should be available for a decent price if Watford go down.

• Benrahma - If Brentford don’t come up, but again not a natural RW.

..for a good price he fits the way we seem to want to go!!!

Won't cost that much, at least not compared to Zaha.

A tricky winger is essential if we want to push on. Someone that can beat a man like Mahrez used to. Benhrama seems the obvious target if Brentford don’t go up. Zaha doesn’t really feel like an “us” signing but he may just need a fresh start and could be great for us if we could get him on the cheap. 

I wouldn't have taken Zaha a year ago but would like him to join now, I think he is exactly what we need. From our wingers, only Barnes can scare a defender (unless the defender has a phobia of stepovers that lead to nothing or lofted crosses to nobody) but he is still learning. Zaha would require 2-3 defenders which gives more space for everyone else. He obviously doesnt want to be at Palace anymore, if he actually wanted to join us and was up for it, we'd be laughing. I imagine he is looking for CL though.

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah potentially unless there’s other sales etc. 

I just find it incomprehensible how any of our fans could say ‘nah I wouldn’t take Zaha’ on a purely football based opinion 

...He failed at United and is now hiding at Palace!!!

At his age he needs to make a decision to determine if he is got it in him to go somewhere else and succeed.

We are just the right club for him to move to, no real pressure, with the potential to improve a team going forward.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah potentially unless there’s other sales etc. 

I just find it incomprehensible how any of our fans could say ‘nah I wouldn’t take Zaha’ on a purely football based opinion 

He's done absolutely nothing this season. Nothing at all. Bombed at Man U. Fair enough he's got real talent but hes do inconsistent. There's way better options for what he'd cost. Pass 

24 minutes ago, ronnup said:

He's done absolutely nothing this season. Nothing at all. Bombed at Man U. Fair enough he's got real talent but hes do inconsistent. There's way better options for what he'd cost. Pass 

Palace have done nothing for years. They just exist... he does what he can knowing he's gonna have 3 defenders kicking lumps out of him every game. You think getting him into the positions Barnes gets into, he wouldn't be more productive? Zaha has McArthur and McCarthy feeding him chances... 

We said at the end of last season, Barnes just needs a goal, but it came and he still doesn't convert enough. I like Barnes, he gets into promising positions but he doesn't utilise them enough. He could still improve but he doesn't even have competition for his spot. 

17 minutes ago, tetly said:

I would take Deeney a different option to what we have, and a leader on the pitch. And his interviews are decent.

Why get Deene when you can get Callum Wilson for 10m due to a relegation release clause 

Weren't we rumoured to have made a bid last summer for Sarr before he moved to Watford? Wouldn't surprise me if we went in for him

However Watford supposedly paid around £30m for him so unless he has a release clause I imagine they would want a good chunk of that back for him

I can't see us going for Zaha, even though I think he would be good for us. £40-50m on the transfer fee plus £130k+ pw wages for a 29 year old with no resale value at the end of his contract is not how we roll. Has Everton written all over it. We go for 2 types of player - under 25s with bags of potential or older experienced players for low fees.

6 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Why get Deene when you can get Callum Wilson for 10m due to a relegation release clause 

Deeney offers a presence up front he holds the ball up well for others to play off. Not sure Wilson is as physical haven’t seen enough of him.

You hear Watford fans saying that Deeney has been shocking for them. He’s said himself yesterday he has been playing on one knee for months. Deeney of four or five years ago maybe. We have an ageing Morgan and Fuchs who have great experience and are great for the dressing room, but aren’t good enough going forward. We would be better investing elsewhere than on Deeney