Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Sarr & Willian 

Doucoure

New CB

New Gk to push KS for no1

New striker

I don’t know if Willian is possible at all, but I’ve always rated him and he’s available if he’s interested, isn’t he? 

Anything less than 6 additions isn’t acceptable. (Considering we have absolutely no quality in depth)

Our net spend is always peanuts and January frankly wasn’t even close to being good enough.

Whether we’re capable of winning the Europa League remains to be seen, but it absolutely should be the clubs aim. 

Edited by SheppyFox

5 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Sarr & Willian 

Doucoure

New CB

New striker

I don’t know if Willian is possible at all, but I’ve always rated him and he’s available if he’s interested, isn’t he? 

Anything less than 6 additions isn’t acceptable. (Considering we have absolutely no quality in depth)

Our net spend is always peanuts and January frankly wasn’t even close to being good enough.

Whether we’re capable of winning the Europa League remains to be seen, but it absolutely should be the clubs aim. 

I'm sure it has been said that Willian isn't looking to leave London but I'm not sure how much truth there is in that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

I don't get the hype around these Championship players like Eze and Benrahma. Many good Championship players struggle to make the step up. Maddison is the most obvious success story but there are many failures. There are plenty of good players out there that don't have to be from England.

Championship signings are more likely and a better fit when you're a mid table side like we were under Puel. I would hope City, if they have the funds, will be looking to quality players across Europe or other PL teams, as opposed to taking players from clubs like Brentford and QPR.

Chucking a mid table Championship player into a Europa League campaign has the potential to be a Vardy level steep learning curve.

Their goals and assists are very impressive though, all the signs they'd make the step up.

Man City bought Stones for 50m, he's only 26, they wouldn't sell for less than 50m.

Also, he's only played 85 Premier League games in 4 seasons. 

On 25/07/2020 at 20:14, Ric Flair said:

Comes down to basic economics for me. If money is a little tighter this summer than it would have been without the pandemic then we have to weigh up what is more important in our recruitment this summer.

We need a CB, a RW and another striker before we need a back up DCM. Therefore if we cannot afford to i.prove every position we want to giving Mendy a new deal is a sensible decision. He fills in perfectly well.

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Sarr & Willian 

Doucoure

New CB

New striker

6 additions would probably be too many.  It takes to e to blend players together.  

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

The only sticking point with Stones is that he struggles with the basics of actual defending.

Personally find this narrative of John Stones very jarring and lazy. He can be error prone but to suggest he can’t defend well is wrong. Very good premiership defender who I think would be a great signing for us (wages and transfer fee permitting). You don’t play for Manchester City and England If you ‘can’t defend’

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cjt1976 said:

Think Brooks will be more than £12m especially if Eze is £18m hes only played in the championship

Yeah they're just total guesses. I put Brooks as a bit on the cheaper side because Bournemouth need cash because their finances are ****ed after relegation

23 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

I don't get the hype around these Championship players like Eze and Benrahma. Many good Championship players struggle to make the step up. Maddison is the most obvious success story but there are many failures. There are plenty of good players out there that don't have to be from England.

Championship signings are more likely and a better fit when you're a mid table side like we were under Puel. I would hope City, if they have the funds, will be looking to quality players across Europe or other PL teams, as opposed to taking players from clubs like Brentford and QPR.

Chucking a mid table Championship player into a Europa League campaign has the potential to be a Vardy level steep learning curve.

I'm not exactly hyped about them, just trying to be realistic in terms of who we can sign. Of course I'd be happy if we dropped €40 million on Sanitizer but it doesn't really look like we have that sort of money right now.

*SABITZER, damn autocorrect lol

Edited by Nicolo Barella

6 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Yeah they're just total guesses. I put Brooks as a bit on the cheaper side because Bournemouth need cash because their finances are ****ed after relegation

They're really struggling, saw an article yesterday in the telegraph I believe, that suggested none of their top earners have relation clauses. On top of that, they apparently still owe £81mill in transfer fees whilst being owed £5mill. 

• Like 1

LW Benrahma

RW Brooks or Stengs

Clubs who's seasons were curtailed by the pandemic and/or have missed on European football are worth looking too such as Lyon and Fiorentina. Had we got top 4, players like Chiesa and Depay may well have been realistic targets but sadly not now.

• Like 3

We usually spend £80m! Id still spend that and whatever we get in transfer fees! Forget the top 4 being stronger! Southampton/wolves/arsenal and Leeds will be forces next season!! I think Jose will have the usual meltdown at spurs! 

Edited by Heymister2015