Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I can't see us going for Zaha, even though I think he would be good for us. £40-50m on the transfer fee plus £130k+ pw wages for a 29 year old with no resale value at the end of his contract is not how we roll. Has Everton written all over it. We go for 2 types of player - under 25s with bags of potential or older experienced players for low fees.

He's 27 and he won't go for £40m.

If he has actual football ambitions, he'd take a wage cut with bonuses. If not, then he's not what we should be looking at. 

Zaha is one I go back and forth on. I can't work him out. The move to Man U was too early but he seems to put a shift in at Palace. He's had some good seasons there (10, 9, 7 goals in previous 3 with a bunch of assists)  but he's pretty much the only attacking threat they have so he gets marked to buggery.

I agree with others - put him in a team that has Vardy, Nacho, Madders and Perez - he'll be part of an attacking threat that causes defenders problems.

But I'd want him to take a pay cut, especially if we've just put Madders on £110k per week. He has to WANT to be playing European football with us. 

For me the perfect window (never gonna happen), would be Tarkowski, Sarr, Benrahma, Buendia and I think we need an experienced head in midfield, someone who can run the show. I know people would have a go at me for this but I wouldn’t be against a Drinkwater loan. Knows the club, has a point to prove and probably has some regrets he wants to put to right. He wouldn’t be playing week in week out for sure but he’s certainly someone who would give you a 7/10 every game he played, which would be a useful addition to the squad. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

For me the perfect window (never gonna happen), would be Tarkowski, Sarr, Benrahma, Buendia and I think we need an experienced head in midfield, someone who can run the show. I know people would have a go at me for this but I wouldn’t be against a Drinkwater loan. Knows the club, has a point to prove and probably has some regrets he wants to put to right. He wouldn’t be playing week in week out for sure but he’s certainly someone who would give you a 7/10 every game he played, which would be a useful addition to the squad. 

David Nugent is on a free too :ph34r:

I get what you mean, though. Some Grit but also technically proficient. Doucoure has been mentioned which is a shout, but what about Etienne Capoue? Vastly experienced and has had a couple of really good seasons at Watford. 

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Deeney has been absolutely shit this season and he wasn't much better in the previous 2. I highly doubt we will sign him and thank God for that too.

If Callum Wilson is available for 10m and is willing to come here, I'd snap that up for sure. He's on 60k a week though.

Wilson is not a bad player but he's had some serious knee injuries too hasn't he? As you say, for £10m it's a no-brainer, much more and you'd say it's a big risk.

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

David Nugent is on a free too :ph34r:

I get what you mean, though. Some Grit but also technically proficient. Doucoure has been mentioned which is a shout, but what about Etienne Capoue? Vastly experienced and has had a couple of really good seasons at Watford. 

I know I mentioned two players from relegated sides, but you have to be careful getting players from those sides. They’ve been relegated for a reason. Doucoure to me just seems a player with a poor attitude. Evidently a talented player but you never know what you’re going to get week to week. I would definitely go for Capoue though, screams a Europa League player if I’ve ever heard one. 

Doesn't Capoue play as a DM for Watford?

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4843/Etienne-Capoue/stats?co=1&se=274

https://www.premierleague.com/players/20479/Wilfred-Ndidi/stats?co=1&se=274

Compare his defensive stats against Ndidis, it just shows what an absolute monster we've got at this clublol

Capoue is better with the ball IMO, much better range of passing, would be a handy player to have.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Wouldn't touch any of Watford's players with a bloody bargepole bar Sarr and that'd have to be if the price was right (£15 million odd). A pretty sensible fan of their's was on Talksport before Sunday's games saying they've a fair few promising kids who they want in the side, genuinely didn't seem at all bothered about anyone leaving apart from Foster.

Likewise, Norwich. They're catastrophically bad - signings like Buendia or Cantwell would add nothing to us, I don't think they're better than what we have. Max Aarons would probably be worth a punt, Jamal Lewis too, but they're full backs - we don't need full backs.

David Brooks is the only player from the three that dropped that I think would really light up here and could go for Maguire type cash were we to ever move him on, and even he has a big question mark hovering over him. He's fantastic but seems to have the structural integrity of a bloody trifle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

If I could take any Watford player, I would take the Spanish winger prior to his injury.

Unfortunately the time machine hasn't been invented yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1