Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

36 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Zaha has not been good enough this season 4 goals while playing every single game is trash. Barnes' output puts him to shame this season. Would be surprised if any club pays what palace want for him.

Put Barnes in Palace's squad and then let's see his numbers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Smalling 

Doucouré

Callum Wilson 

=50 million 

Spend the rest of the budget on a quality right winger.

Premier League experience is needed.

We've got plenty of experience in the squad, I don't think them having played in the division before should be a prerequisite tbh - Maddison for example has been infinitely more successful for us as a piece of business than Ayoze has.

• Like 1

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Put Barnes in Palace's squad and then let's see his numbers. 

I get your point but if you look at players like Buendia, Grealish etc there's plenty of examples of players playing in poor teams who provide more goal contributions the Zaha. I just don't think he does enough for the hype but it's just my opinion.

Below is Zahas stats from his premier league career so far, I know stats don't tell the full story but I still thought it was interesting.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4539/Wilfried-Zaha/stats

I agree but I can’t remember the last palace striker who was number one choice I thought was good and would get 15/20 a season! Stick zaha in a team with a goal scorer (vardy and kelechi) is like to think his assists would go up! 

having said that he strikes me as abit greedy and all about him which is not what we after in the side. Also his goal scoring conversion rate can’t be very good! He does create quite a few of his own chance though?

8 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

We've got plenty of experience in the squad, I don't think them having played in the division before should be a prerequisite tbh - Maddison for example has been infinitely more successful for us as a piece of business than Ayoze has.

I think we should be looking at more experienced professionals, rather than players with great potential. The young players have struggled with the pressurised occasions, getting over the line and in the semi final at Villa Park. I just feel like too many players go missing in these situations.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scinnell said:

I think we should be looking at more experienced professionals, rather than players with great potential. The young players have struggled with the pressurised occasions, getting over the line and in the semi final at Villa Park. I just feel like too many players go missing in these situations.

I just don't buy into this theory that Premier League experience is some panacea for success. The squad now has considerably more Premier League experience than the one that won the league, we aren't any better as a side for it. It's more important we identify the right players and the right characters to be successful here regardless, Doucoure by all accounts is half-arsing it at Watford and isn't the type of person I fancy kicking about for us.

• Like 2

Should be trying our hardest to get some more experience and depth into the team.  Personally think we need quality, experience and players with a point to prove.   

Danny Ings from Southampton

Chris Smalling from Man Utd

Leroy Sane from Man City (ok lacks experience but we can all dream alittle, this kid looked the real deal a couple of seasons ago, heading to Germany sadly). 

15 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Should be trying our hardest to get some more experience and depth into the team.  Personally think we need quality, experience and players with a point to prove.   

Danny Ings from Southampton

Chris Smalling from Man Utd

Leroy Sane from Man City (ok lacks experience but we can all dream alittle, this kid looked the real deal a couple of seasons ago, heading to Germany sadly). 

Already announced for Bayern

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Wouldn't touch any of Watford's players with a bloody bargepole bar Sarr and that'd have to be if the price was right (£15 million odd). A pretty sensible fan of their's was on Talksport before Sunday's games saying they've a fair few promising kids who they want in the side, genuinely didn't seem at all bothered about anyone leaving apart from Foster.

Likewise, Norwich. They're catastrophically bad - signings like Buendia or Cantwell would add nothing to us, I don't think they're better than what we have. Max Aarons would probably be worth a punt, Jamal Lewis too, but they're full backs - we don't need full backs.

David Brooks is the only player from the three that dropped that I think would really light up here and could go for Maguire type cash were we to ever move him on, and even he has a big question mark hovering over him. He's fantastic but seems to have the structural integrity of a bloody trifle. 

Personally think best thing to do when you go down is rip the team up get the so called big players(earners) out and start fresh. I loved what pearson did here on both spells where he had a clear out of the squad he inherited and filled it with young hungry players. 

If I were Watford I’d use this as an opportunity to get rid of a lot of the shite they’ve bought over the past few years and buy into a younger, more British based squad. 

Out -

Chilwell 60m

Gray 15m

all other dross

Ins - 

Sarr 25m

Doucoure 15m

Ollie Watkins 15m

Saint-Maximim 30m

New young CB 

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Fuchs / Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemens

Sarr

Maddison

Saint-Maximim 

Vardy

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I get your point but if you look at players like Buendia, Grealish etc there's plenty of examples of players playing in poor teams who provide more goal contributions the Zaha. I just don't think he does enough for the hype but it's just my opinion.

Below is Zahas stats from his premier league career so far, I know stats don't tell the full story but I still thought it was interesting.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4539/Wilfried-Zaha/stats

I agree. Similar player to Gray a lot of hype and a few good dribbles and he’s worth 50million... his stats are terrible really 

31 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Expect 3 or 4 bosman signings to come in over the coming few weeks from abroad. 

Net spend will be very small and no plans to sell any major players. 

Any interest in Benrahma or players from relegated sides?

28 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Looks like all of us are going to have to put on our big boy pants and accept the reality of living in a Covid world. Dreams of Coutinho will have to wait.:scarf:

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

If this were the case I'd be trying to sell someone to raise funds, the obviois choice being Chilwell. £50-60m and use thst on 2 stand out players and a few bosmans.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Sarr from Watford would be a realistic one for us to look at as long as the price wasnt too OTT, as im sure we was interested in him before he went to watford

I’m still not sure on Sarr he had a great game against Liverpool but since he’s been disappointing. He seems to keep he’s head down when crossing the ball but obviously has potential.

Christ. OK, who is available on a free then? Sarr? Fraser? Surely both highly courted. Any other decent players...?? 

Really hope we do splash out on a winger and/or centre half. The market is weak for a change. Take one (small and potentially season changing) risk!