Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

13 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Anyone take Richarlison from Everton seems to pop up nearly every time we play them and is still only 23 read he would listen to offers from other clubs, then got me thinking have we ever had a Brazilian play for Leicester before ?

Price would be ridiculous, so no 

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Anyone take Richarlison from Everton seems to pop up nearly every time we play them and is still only 23 read he would listen to offers from other clubs, then got me thinking have we ever had a Brazilian play for Leicester before ?

No disrespect but he's not going to leave Everton to go to Leicester, would be a sideways step for him particularly with Leicester missing out on the Champions League. Barcelona tried hard to sign him in January so he'll have his sights set a lot higher.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 4

Shon Weismann would be worth a look at. 24 years old and top scorer in the Austrian League with 30 goals this season just finished.  Not the tallest player but knows where the goal is.  i suspect he will be snapped up by some German Team for a very small fee.  Having said that a typical Celtic signing.

I doubt Congers knows where the Austrian is.

I think a good option for the right wing slot that hasn’t been mentioned much is Domenico Berardi from Sassuolo. He has been consistently excellent for them for a number of years.

In 18-19 he got 8 goals 4 assists in 35 games. 

19-20 it’s up to 14 goals and 10 assists in 30 games. 
Pretty good for a winger in a fairly average team. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I'd take him, but it isn't going to happen for a number of factors.

If he leaves Everton, its for someone much bigger than us and for him to make that decision means we'd have a bid accepted. Guaranteed if he goes its for upwards of £65million and we're not paying that sort of money for a long, long time yet, if we ever reach that level

9 minutes ago, Spicer said:

I think a good option for the right wing slot that hasn’t been mentioned much is Domenico Berardi from Sassuolo. He has been consistently excellent for them for a number of years.

Sure he has gone on record and said he's not interested in leaving Italy or even Sassuolo.

39 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Shon Weismann would be worth a look at. 24 years old and top scorer in the Austrian League with 30 goals this season just finished.  Not the tallest player but knows where the goal is.  i suspect he will be snapped up by some German Team for a very small fee.  Having said that a typical Celtic signing.

I doubt Congers knows where the Austrian is.

We've been linked with him recently lol

1 hour ago, Spicer said:

He's a bit of a nasty bastard too I believe, we need that!

21 minutes ago, Gevans_97 said:

Whoever we sign, I just want us to be proactive. Have a plan in place and execute. I don’t want another window of waiting until the end whilst all of our targets go elsewhere.

It is a funny one. I always imagined that football transfers are horrible things, there being lots of secret chats, unseen agreements and a whole load of horse trading. As such, being rapidly reactive might be a better approach than inflexible planning? :dunno:

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

He's a bit of a nasty bastard too I believe, we need that!

SOLD, is he on Prime? Can he be here tomorrow?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Why would he come here? Barca wanted him in jan. 80 odd million. For him coming here is sideways. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LeeTheFox said:

I’d like us to sign Erik Lamela, think that’s the type of player we need.

Na he’s definitely got ability but hasn’t really shown it in the prem granted he hasn’t had a lot of game time recently and he’s a bit of a hothead and liability. Would much prefer brooks or sarr.

4 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Quality over quantity so names we've been linked with are squad fillers, we should be bringing in players to the starting XI. Ideally targeting players with proven Europa league experience/ impact in the competition to help our young squad.

With whose money... We're being linked with squad fillers because we have little cash

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

With whose money... We're being linked with squad fillers because we have little cash

You don’t know that.

And who we are currently being linked with I say quite probably nothing to do with the football club!

21 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

No disrespect but he's not going to leave Everton to go to Leicester, would be a sideways step for him particularly with Leicester missing out on the Champions League. Barcelona tried hard to sign him in January so he'll have his sights set a lot higher.

Pretty underwhelming as well in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Nick said:

You don’t know that.

And who we are currently being linked with I say quite probably nothing to do with the football club!

I don't know that, but there were a fair few posts on here analysing the club's finances that showed that if we didn't make CL we probably would not have a lot of cash to splash in the market. Obviously who we're linked with has little to do with the club though, you're right.

11 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't know that, but there were a fair few posts on here analysing the club's finances that showed that if we didn't make CL we probably would not have a lot of cash to splash in the market. Obviously who we're linked with has little to do with the club though, you're right.

I find that hard to believe though for a few reasons. 1) CL was not a realistic ambition/target for the club at the start of last season and we hadn't overspent last summer in order to try and secure it and the funds it unlocks.

2) we sold Maguire for £80m up front and didn't spend it all (if you consider our net spends the last few seasons vs our revenue there's surplus funds.

3) the financial analysis was weighted heavily towards the training ground expenditure being a short term cash flow problem and I'd be staggered if it is. We joked selling Maguire pays for our training ground but in reality why would you do that. Improvements to infrastructure are exempt from FFP so we'll look to pay for this and the stadium expanse over a long period from loans secured, possibly from King Power themselves.

4) we seem to have earnt £30m+ more this season for finishing 5th than we did in 2018/19.

• Like 2

Guest Fktf
On 30/07/2020 at 07:13, justfoxes said:

Yes - suggested him earlier in this thread. You got a better reaction that me though - I was laughed out of here!