Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

Just now, TrentFox said:

Doesn’t an ‘option to buy’ leave us vulnerable to another team hijacking the deal later in the season if he looks outstanding? 

From what I can gather, we have to turn down the option to buy, before others can make a bid.

• Like 1

King Powers revenue is down significantly this year as they have a huge setup through China's airports, reported around 2 billion dollars, but that will cover a multitude of overheads and will not go into their pockets as profit. their overall fortune as a family will not be drastically affected as that will be a different pot to the money the business uses and earns.

Edited by JJS84

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is said too much, proof please

I don't think KP are specifically struggling for funds, but there's an undeniable shortfall of immediate cashflow for all clubs around Europe at the moment:

- Real Madrid who pioneered the "Galactico" transfer policy have made ZERO signings this season and got rid of James, Bale and Regulion. They have said they won't be signing any new players this season.

- Juventus have loaned with option to buy there major signings. Ditto across Italy.

- Burnley haven't signed anyone yet.

- Atletico announced they lost 100m euros last season alone. 

- Ajax say they are losing 11m per match day because of a lack of fans at match days. 

- Liverpool signed Jota because Wolves agreed to just 4m upfront in a 40m+ deal. They are only paying 5m upfront fro Champions League winner and absolute baller Thiago.

The only outlier is Chelsea who were already flush with cash from the Hazard sale plus have an oligarch owner for whom the usual rules don't apply as long as his mate Putin is in charge. 

As a result it's not surprising many clubs are going down the loan with obligation / option to buy route. Perhaps it's surprising we didn't go that way for Castagne but in that scenario not messing about got the transfer over the line before anyone (Spurs) could step in, and well that looks like a great decision so far. 

All that said it would surprise me if ASSE agreed to such a deal, and I assumed that's why we changed our deal with Roma, to make more funds available for Fofana. We shall see.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Doesn’t an ‘option to buy’ leave us vulnerable to another team hijacking the deal later in the season if he looks outstanding? 

No, the power lies solely with the buying club. The fee is already agreed and the wages etc. It's simply whether the buying club exercises it or not. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This is said too much, proof please

Their main source of income has been devastated over night. They are having to do deals with the airports of Thailand operator as the concessions they pay to run the duty free operations are larger than the current income. 

It really isn't hard to understand that a company with it's major income stream being throttled would be looking to operate on a much reduced level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

king power has lost millions, its blatantly obvious that the owners are pressured with lack of travel. we should be able to use the funds for Maguire and Chilwell though. but the reason for paying under next year is that travel restrictions will have been lifted (hopefully) by then. we must be smart with who we buy more than ever now.

I don't understand the "we are skint because KP lost a lot of money during the pandemic" argument. 

I read the other day that KP have invested £9m in the last 5 years, one of the lowest in the league.... Why would it make a difference? 

• Like 2

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

I don't understand the "we are skint because KP lost a lot of money during the pandemic" argument. 

I read the other day that KP have invested £9m in the last 5 years, one of the lowest in the league.... Why would it make a difference? 

because if we screw up now and buy a couple of slimani's and silvas's we might be stuck with them. the club cannot just reinvest money we do not have.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Give me some examples of when this has happened? They can't, contracts are signed and the power is with the buying club.

This is often why smaller clubs exercise the right and then immediately sell them on to another club for a huge profit. Frankfurt did this with Jovic. Jovic could have rejected Frankfurt and been paid an even bigger amount from Benfica to go to Real if this was the case?!

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Give me some examples of when this has happened? They can't, contracts are signed and the power is with the buying club.

Toby Aldeweirald to soton. If a player hasn't already signed a long term contract (which they won't have at the start of a loan with option to buy) they can't be forced to sign it just cause 2 clubs agreed.

17 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Why can’t we afford this guy up front anyway? We should have at least 20m left in the bank from Chilwell transfer, suggests maybe another incoming? 

...could well be and I speculated before that we pull off a bid for Edouard!!!

The big movement in the negotiations, I would say if correct, would be the Transfer Request, as this changes the financial revenue for ASSE.

Just now, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Toby Aldeweirald to soton. If a player hasn't already signed a long term contract (which they won't have at the start of a loan with option to buy) they can't be forced to sign it just cause 2 clubs agreed.

I knew you were going to say Aldeweirald. There was a clause in that deal that Atletico could buy out and sell to someone else. It was nothing to do with the player.

5 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

The player can still reject, and if he he has turned the heads of big clubs he may do

They can't as that would make the option to buy worthless. The player and selling club will be legally obligated to honour the already agreed fee and contract.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

because if we screw up now and buy a couple of slimani's and silvas's we might be stuck with them. the club cannot just reinvest money we do not have.

But that applies to almost all clubs, anywhere at any time regardless of the pandemic and their owners loss of profits. We bought Slim and Silva when KP business was booming and guess what, we are stuck with them....

Your reply doesn't answer the point I raised. The owners don't invest much ( in comparison to other clubs) anyway so why would that be the reason that we are finding recruitment hard? The training ground and it's expenses seem far more likely to prevent is buying than how much people are using duty free. 

8 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Their main source of income has been devastated over night. They are having to do deals with the airports of Thailand operator as the concessions they pay to run the duty free operations are larger than the current income. 

It really isn't hard to understand that a company with it's major income stream being throttled would be looking to operate on a much reduced level. 

You imply the two businesses are tightly linked, did you not even see how long it has been since KP has injected cash into the club?

3 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Southampton had an option to buy but what superseded that was Atletico had an option to buy themselves out of that contract. 

IIRC Atletico paid Southampton €6m-€8m to annul the Southampton option to buy. Atletico then sold him to Tottenham for what was more money than the Southampton option to buy and penalty clause combined.

• Like 1

Just now, Gerard said:

Southampton had an option to buy but what superseded that was Atletico had an option to buy themselves out of that contract. 

IIRC Atletico paid Southampton €6m-€8m to annul the Southampton option to buy. Atletico then sold him to Tottenham for what was more money than the Southampton option to buy and penalty clause combined.

Aaah I see. Fair enough, thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Dorsett:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12077827/wesley-fofana-leicester-in-talks-to-sign-defender-from-st-etienne

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has refused to comment publicly on his interest in Fofana, but Sky Sports News has been told negotiations with the French club are progressing.

St Etienne originally wanted £25m for Fofana, significantly beyond what Leicester are willing to pay to bring him to the King Power Stadium.

A structured deal appears most likely, potentially starting with a loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.

This sounds like B****x.  Surely they need cash up front to pay off debts and replace?  Are we the new Fenerbahce?