Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

21 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This sounds like B****x.  Surely they need cash up front to pay off debts and replace?  Are we the new Fenerbahce?

Not really. They just need a piece of paper saying we are going to pay them x-amount on y-date to get a low interest bank loan to cover current expenses...

I don't know why, but I'm going to be really gutted if this doesn't come off. Just feels like the type of played that would really suit us (based on nothing more than a few YouTube clips) and far better than some of the other options that are being touted. Also, the 30m price tag doesn't seem that bad when you consider the structure of the Under deal and that 21m for Castagne seems like a bargain currently...

Paying say a £5m loan fee with an option to buy is roughly the same as the outcome if we were to buy him outright, fees from players are usually spread out accordingly over a few years rather than one big lump sum. So worse comes to worse st ettiene get £5m to spend on another CB, we get fofana who let’s say for some reason flops. We don’t exercise the option but St ettiene get fofana back and aren’t really any worse off, besides the fact of losing a player of fofana’s quality for a season. 

hopefully this comes off but like a few have said st ettiene would probs want all the money guaranteed rather than a loan fee. Although perhaps we could meet in the middle a pay them a bigger loan fee which would mean we are risking a bit more financially.

What the hell is going on! Buy loan option to buy loan? Is he coming or not? Is this the Under thread and I'm on the wrong day? We did buy him didn't we? I thought he was injured? More money for more players. We can't afford him now? Claude down with this now?

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

What the hell is going on! Buy loan option to buy loan? Is he coming or not? Is this the Under thread and I'm on the wrong day? We did buy him didn't we? I thought he was injured? More money for more players. We can't afford him now? Claude down with this now?

Think we are planning to loan him for 1 year with the option to buy him after the year and then we will buy the option to loan him for a further 3 years  :unsure:

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think we are planning to loan him for 1 year with the option to buy him after the year and then we will buy the option to loan him for a further 3 years  :unsure:

Time to start having a cocktail with my breakfast. :frusty:

One of my pals who’s an agent says ASSE have been touting Fofana to other clubs to try and drive up the price. We are already offering more than Milan were prepared to and no one else is prepared to offer what we are. The big elite clubs aren’t interested so seems only a matter of time till this happens. Despite what Puel says in the media it is very, very hard to keep a player who has been so public about his desire to leave. 

• Like 2

Interested in the profile of Wesley Fofana (ASSE, 19), Leicester would have launched the big maneuvers in this thorny issue.

Although present in Nantes yesterday, Wesley Fofana (19) spent his afternoon in the stands. Substituted on the pitch by Harold Moukoudi, the Greens central defender followed the game with an ice pack on his left knee.
“Wesley had pain in his knee and in the back to back games it was difficult. So he was not fit tonight, ”explained Claude Puel at the final whistle. According to L’Équipe, seeing him make the trip to Loire-Atlantique, the second in three days after Thursday's in Marseille (2-0), not even appearing on the scoresheet, calls out all the same. Especially since Leicester is far from giving up.
Indeed, and according to Sky Sports, a few minutes ago, the leaders of Foxes would have recently started discussions with the leaders of ASSE. Information to be taken with a grain of salt, as ASSE seems, so far, quite firm on the matter. Also according to the English media, Leicester would refuse, at least for the moment, to align with the 29 million euros requested by the Greens, plus various bonuses. But the discussions would continue.
The file, as one could imagine, is therefore far, far from being finished.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

But that applies to almost all clubs, anywhere at any time regardless of the pandemic and their owners loss of profits. We bought Slim and Silva when KP business was booming and guess what, we are stuck with them....

Your reply doesn't answer the point I raised. The owners don't invest much ( in comparison to other clubs) anyway so why would that be the reason that we are finding recruitment hard? The training ground and it's expenses seem far more likely to prevent is buying than how much people are using duty free. 

i meant we might not be able to raise the funs to buy players of that amount again. point is the club are clearly struggling money wise, else we would just cough up the cash and buy the players we need.

1 hour ago, adam95581 said:

I don't know why, but I'm going to be really gutted if this doesn't come off. Just feels like the type of played that would really suit us (based on nothing more than a few YouTube clips) and far better than some of the other options that are being touted. Also, the 30m price tag doesn't seem that bad when you consider the structure of the Under deal and that 21m for Castagne seems like a bargain currently...

I'm with you (but I haven't even bothered looking at any YouTube clips 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

This sounds like B****x.  Surely they need cash up front to pay off debts and replace?  Are we the new Fenerbahce?

Worth mentioning Liverpool are only playing £5million for Thiago and £4million for Jota in their first instalment. Then the rest comes later 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Safestandingfox said:

He's followed LCFC on Insta and Twitter for a few days now, as well as cags on Twitter 

When he starts following Stringer, the men in white coats will take him away.

40 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

One of my pals who’s an agent says ASSE have been touting Fofana to other clubs to try and drive up the price. We are already offering more than Milan were prepared to and no one else is prepared to offer what we are. The big elite clubs aren’t interested so seems only a matter of time till this happens. Despite what Puel says in the media it is very, very hard to keep a player who has been so public about his desire to leave. 

My take on this is that if another English club came in then he would take that if they were matching our contract offer - I think he just wants to move to the prem in this window. 

if he had told ASSE that he would only move to us then there would be little point in them touting him around to raise the fee  and we would know that 

38 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

That says to me that the end of this window is going to be absolutely insane. Everybody holding out for a few dollars more.