Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Dorsett:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12077827/wesley-fofana-leicester-in-talks-to-sign-defender-from-st-etienne

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has refused to comment publicly on his interest in Fofana, but Sky Sports News has been told negotiations with the French club are progressing.

St Etienne originally wanted £25m for Fofana, significantly beyond what Leicester are willing to pay to bring him to the King Power Stadium.

A structured deal appears most likely, potentially starting with a loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.

The dragging on makes quite a bit more sense now, doesn’t it? 

St Etienne will not agree to a loan, they need the money or he stays. At best we can probably agree to a hefty transfer fee paid in instalments but I'd imagine ASSE would want more up front with add on's and a sell on clause than to agree to phasing a transfer fee over 4-5 years.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

St Etienne will not agree to a loan, they need the money or he stays. At best we can probably agree to a hefty transfer fee paid in instalments but I'd imagine ASSE would want more up front with add on's and a sell on clause than to agree to phasing a transfer fee over 4-5 years.

This is why Rob Dorset’s report can’t be accurate. 

We’re probably in talks but a loan doesn’t seem logical they’ll want to reinvest too. Unless a large loan fee. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Dorsett:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/12077827/wesley-fofana-leicester-in-talks-to-sign-defender-from-st-etienne

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has refused to comment publicly on his interest in Fofana, but Sky Sports News has been told negotiations with the French club are progressing.

St Etienne originally wanted £25m for Fofana, significantly beyond what Leicester are willing to pay to bring him to the King Power Stadium.

A structured deal appears most likely, potentially starting with a loan with an option to buy at the end of the season.

Option to buy? No chance.

They've been fighting tooth and nail to keep him, if they feel they've been forced into selling they'll want our eyes out.

Can you imagine us loaning Mahrez, Maguire or Chilwell with an option to buy? It'll be pay the money or fcuk off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Hmmm but supposedly Roma did as well but we managed to get option to buy. 

Well, Cengiz was not in Roma's plans (integral to at least) so they would entertain selling him, but Fofana is a key player and St Etienne knows this.

Wasn't it mentioned early in the transfer window that it was likely that we would be making loans rather than permanent signings. Why would ASSE agree to it - well long term it would mean more money for them if we took up the option to buy. If we agreed to £20m with a 5 year contract, the money 'up front' would be £4m. A loan deal would probably be 3-4 million euros, then the agreed transfer fee at the end of the loan agreement. Not a lot of difference in the money they would receive 'up front'. It would also take their wage bill down. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we went down the loan route.

Just now, Lesta Legend said:

This is why Rob Dorset’s report can’t be accurate. 

We’re probably in talks but a loan doesn’t seem logical they’ll want to reinvest too. Unless a large loan fee. 

I suppose it could be £10m loan and then £20m next summer but thats pretty much the same as signing him for £30m now as a lot of transfers are in instalments anyway.

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Dorsett:

That is completely illogical! What's he talking about! 

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I agree, but why on earth would St Etienne agree to that? Surely they need cash upfront?

very little on these loan arrangements in or out makes sense to me. We could e.g. ( and hopefully this is nothing like the case) hand the battered remains of Under back to his club at the end of the season and they would have to suck it up as I understand it 

1 hour ago, stu said:

Says who? The likelihood is that is what will happen, purely based on available options, but everyone expected him to start at left back and Justin right back for our first game, but obviously that didn’t happen.

There are quotes from Castagne which state one of the attractions of coming to us was that he was going to be able to play the same position as he wants to, but obviously if we shift him to the left when Ricky P is back that goes at odds with that.

It would not surprise me if we did sign a left back closer to deadline day, even just on loan for the season, but obviously the CB is the main target currently and until resolved any possible LB addition is lower priority.

He said he didn’t want to constantly switch positions and I imagine that will be the case but for me it looks like they’re bedding him into the league in a position where he uses his stronger foot but for me I think his position once everyone is fit will be Lb.... over his time at Atlanta he’d played as many games at LwB as he had at Rwb

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Hmmm but supposedly Roma did as well but we managed to get option to buy. 

A huge difference as all three parties wanted the Under deal to happen so there will be flexibility on the deal.

Fofana is a hostile bid and a hostile environment to negotiate, they won't be happy to bend a bit to accommodate our demands like Roma were. We'd sell Ghezzal with flexibility but would we sell Maddison like that, no. 

3 minutes ago, surrifox said:

very little on these loan arrangements in or out makes sense to me. We could e.g. ( and hopefully this is nothing like the case) hand the battered remains of Under back to his club at the end of the season and they would have to suck it up as I understand it 

Jesus Christ. That's me not sleeping tonight .... :frantics:

(But I understand what you mean and agree, it is very odd)

1 minute ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

king power are struggling for funds, hence the reason we are delaying payment till coronavirus has fu**** off.

King power isn't. They don't invest money directly into the club for transfers. The club probably don't want to over extend themselves because of the current situation... We could probably afford to pay £30 - £40m. but It would not be wise too. Chelsea are alright because Roman has sold off some assets, money he has more than likely directly invested into the club. 

6 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Precedent  already set by Benkovic at Celtic...although there was no option to buy as far as I'm aware.