Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

30 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

i meant we might not be able to raise the funs to buy players of that amount again. point is the club are clearly struggling money wise, else we would just cough up the cash and buy the players we need.

But that isn't necessarily linked to KP downfall. Even if they were thriving, history shows they are not the sort to pump loads of money into the transfer kitty so us being short and them being short isn't really linked. 

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Excellent point. Guess this mode of operation is what Coronavirus has done, rather than a straight reduction in prices

Popeye my childhood favorite........Wimpy the ultimate mooch.

21 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

i meant we might not be able to raise the funs to buy players of that amount again. point is the club are clearly struggling money wise, else we would just cough up the cash and buy the players we need.

Simply put, there are too many unknowns to confidently do business right now. The club will have pulled together a number of scenarios, each with differing levels of assumptions related to expected revenue this season. The worst case no games played, then being not one single fan attends a game, no additional match day revenue  x% reduction in merchandise etc. The best being everything returns to normal in a month or 2.  Against each scenario, you overlay the impact of unwanted player salaries should you fail to move players on, anticipated TV monies etc, the possibility of paying to keep non playing staff employed once furlough ends etc. You model this against the cost of failure on the pitch. When you model all of this and land on your most likely scenario, and.plan accordingly, you still have to mitigate risk as much as possible. I'm no accountant but  you do this by not over committing, backending payments as much as possible. I.e the loan to buy deals (important they are option to buy and not commitment to buy as otherwise the full amount hits the balance sheet even though the cash impact is deferred). This ensures immediate cash flow is protected and avoids potentially over committing in a difficult and unstable economic climate. I'm sure there is an accountant on here who could put this across much better but this is the gist of why we aren't just going out on a spending spree right now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't think KP are specifically struggling for funds, but there's an undeniable shortfall of immediate cashflow for all clubs around Europe at the moment:

- Real Madrid who pioneered the "Galactico" transfer policy have made ZERO signings this season and got rid of James, Bale and Regulion. They have said they won't be signing any new players this season.

- Juventus have loaned with option to buy there major signings. Ditto across Italy.

- Burnley haven't signed anyone yet.

- Atletico announced they lost 100m euros last season alone. 

- Ajax say they are losing 11m per match day because of a lack of fans at match days. 

- Liverpool signed Jota because Wolves agreed to just 4m upfront in a 40m+ deal. They are only paying 5m upfront fro Champions League winner and absolute baller Thiago.

The only outlier is Chelsea who were already flush with cash from the Hazard sale plus have an oligarch owner for whom the usual rules don't apply as long as his mate Putin is in charge. 

As a result it's not surprising many clubs are going down the loan with obligation / option to buy route. Perhaps it's surprising we didn't go that way for Castagne but in that scenario not messing about got the transfer over the line before anyone (Spurs) could step in, and well that looks like a great decision so far. 

All that said it would surprise me if ASSE agreed to such a deal, and I assumed that's why we changed our deal with Roma, to make more funds available for Fofana. We shall see.

To build on this great post putting things in perspective:

- Juventus paid ~£17mil not to have Higuain on the first team roster. He's joined Inter Miami on a free and Juve paid the termination of contract.

- Chelsea had their transfer ban and have made up for lost time dropping as much cash as a team chasing a title would in one window as most big financially backed clubs would in 3 (so it shouldn't be a surprise yo)

Edited by glebe_sydneyfox
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, SO1 said:

That says to me that the end of this window is going to be absolutely insane. Everybody holding out for a few dollars more.

Are we signing a player with no name now?  Hopefully Rudders has ‘A Fistful of Dollars’

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have bucked the trend here - signing garbage on long terms contracts that is in fact weakening ‘ourselves’ - as these players are eating up valuable wages that could be put to much better use else where.

Edited by mozartfox

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Are we signing a player with no name now?  Hopefully Rudders has ‘A Fistful of Dollars’

Sounds like Rudkin possibly would if he has "A Few Dollars More"

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..I would think if ASSE doesn't get this done, FT will want Rudkin to "Hang em High"....!!!

Don't worry. Rudkin will figure it out in the end "Any Which Way You Can" and if not he will be "Unforgiven" :@

46 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

The hold up has been Congers heard I'd been made redundant & available. The stumbling block is I'm shit in defence & won't work weekends. 

According to salty Sunderland and Celtic fans that would make you a prime target! 

42 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Don't worry. Rudkin will figure it out in the end "Any Which Way You Can" and if not he will be "Unforgiven" :@

When he has signed let’s hope once Fofana is put “In The Line Of Fire” he can make a “Sudden Impact”

Edited by Sharpe's Fox
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Hopefully Fofana doesn't turn into a 'Dirty Harry' and sign for Man Utd after a couple of seasons.

Guarantee he'll leave us on "Heartbreak Ridge" like all the others. But you can be sure that It will be for vast sums of money as he drives away in his"Pink Cadillac" :cool:

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...don't worry LCFC would class him" The Beguiled".....as he only want to come here!!!

This whole affair could be "Lost in Translation" as you never really know what a player and his agent are thinking till they sign.