Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Which Bundesliga side will you be "supporting" during lockdown?

Which Bundesliga side will you be "supporting" during lockdown?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bundesliga side will you be "supporting" during lockdown?

• Bayern Munich
    • Borussia Dortmund
    • RB Leipzig
    • Borussia Monchengladbach
    • Bayer Leverkusen
    • Schalke
    • Wolfsburg
    • SC Freiburg
    • Hoffenheim
    • Cologne
    • 1. FC Union Berlin
    • Eintracht Frankfurt
    • Hertha Berlin
    • SC Augsburg
    • Mainz
    • Fortuna Dusseldorf
    • Werder Bremen
    • SC Paderborn 07

I enjoy being disliked, and i've got a great game going with them on FM at the minute, so I've gone Leipzig lollol 

Also have a large number of British backroom staff too, mostly in recruitment. 

Bayer Leverkusen.

Having a bit of fun with a couple of mates. Took out the top 4 and the 2 that have played 24 games as opposed to the 25 the rest have played. Start at 0 and tally up the points total from here til the end of the season and team with most points we go to see in 2021 with the losers paying for travel.

Will be a weekend in either Leverkusen, Mainz or... Hoffenheim 

7 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Bayer Leverkusen.

Having a bit of fun with a couple of mates. Took out the top 4 and the 2 that have played 24 games as opposed to the 25 the rest have played. Start at 0 and tally up the points total from here til the end of the season and team with most points we go to see in 2021 with the losers paying for travel.

Will be a weekend in either Leverkusen, Mainz or... Hoffenheim 

Pray for Mainz out of those.

You would have more fun with a weekend in Lutterworth than Steinsfurt.

• Haha 1

Which one has less ties to Nazi Germany ? 

If they have any links To winning in the Gauliga then I’m out 

Dortmund the club all fans here seem to toss over for example by 1939, 80 per cent of their first team were members of Hitler's Stormtroopers ! Thy will bleat about anti-nazi former owner etc.. but their right wing elements shined through in the first team, even today facisim is a issue in Dortmund 

They user to chant and small numbers still do “Build a tram from Gelsenkirchen to Auschwitz." Gelsenkirchen being the city of Dortmund's fierce rivals, Schalke.

the Club like millwall are trying to eradicate it, they bought up and hired all the ultras and paid them to stop being Nazi’s but at the heart of that yellow wall is a nasty evil past 

Bayern Munich have a clear soul in regards to the Nazi Party ! 

Which one has less ties to Nazi Germany ? 

If they have any links to the Gauliga then I’m out 

Dortmund the club all fans here seem to toss over for example by 1939, 80 per cent of their first team were members of Hitler's Stormtroopers ! Thy will bleat about anti-nazi former owner etc.. but their right wing elements shined through in the first team, even today facisim is a issue in Dortmund 

They user to chant and small numbers still do “Build a tram from Gelsenkirchen to Auschwitz." Gelsenkirchen being the city of Dortmund's fierce rivals, Schalke.

the Club like millwall are trying to eradicate it, they bought up and hired all the ultras and paid them to stop being Nazi’s but at the heart of that yellow wall is a nasty evil past 

Bayern Munich have a clear soul in regards to the Nazi Party ! 

Bayern were founded in the bohemian quarter of Schwabing, and were very much a Jewish club before the second world war, with a Jewish president and a Jewish manager. As a consequence, Bayern were targeted by the Nazis but players and officials continued to defy the regime with small acts of personal courage. 

there is a reason why they are at the heart of Bavarian life, a social institute like no other .... because there history is real and not invented, my club 

Edited by LinekersLugs

As the discussion's taken a turn into that sphere, I'd thoroughly recommend a read of Tor: The Story of German Football by Uli Hesse.

That said his name is one letter away from being "Hess" so perhaps best avoided if you're worried about being linked to 20th century fascism by reading it.

• Like 2

My boss is a Gladbach fan so I could follow them but it's all about Hamburg in the Bundesliga II for me. In the top flight I've got admiration for Leipzig trying to dethrone Bayern and not selling their best players to them along the way is good competition for the league, someone needs to end Bayern's monopoly.

Looking forward to watching Leverkusen over the next few weeks as well, some great young players in that team. If Bosz can find the right balance they could have a decent run-in. 

21 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I know our country has an obsession with the war but it was 75 years ago mate.

Anyone picking their football team to support for the next few weeks based on a political regime in Germany 75 years ago probably needs to move on a little and appreciate that the generation of today don’t need to be negatively judged by the actions of those who went before them.

Without history football is a mere game for children 

but then again you have to have a real passion for football to understand that 

It’s not justs something your betting app tells you that you have to bet on ! 

23 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Just say you'll be following Bayern because they'll win the thing instead of a convoluted story about Nazis ffs.

My mother is Bavarian, it’s in my blood, they win in life .... Bavarian’s are winners full stop 

god created Bavaria to remind the world that this is what perfection looks and feels like 

Der Starkere hat immer Recht

27 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

My mother is Bavarian, it’s in my blood, they win in life .... Bavarian’s are winners full stop 

god created Bavaria to remind the world that this is what perfection looks and feels like 

Der Starkere hat immer Recht

Was your dad born round the corner from Old Trafford too?

• Haha 4

I went to Paderborn 5 years ago for work, they were in the Bundesliga for the first time that season (along with us being back in premier league for the first time in yonks) so the place was buzzing. Can’t confess that I knew much about the club but good certainly get behind the joy the fans had. 

Sadly they fell apart after a good start so it would be great if they stayed up this time! :fc:

20 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

As the discussion's taken a turn into that sphere, I'd thoroughly recommend a read of Tor: The Story of German Football by Uli Hesse.

Thanks for the tip. Obviously it's focused on Italian football rather than German but I recently read 'Ultra' by Tobias Jones - absolutely fascinating read all about the politics of Italian clubs and their fans. Sounds like you'd love it.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

In the spirit with Aldi's Weisenbeer for Dortmund v Schalke.

One of my mates got us a few tickets for this fixture last year. Dortmund basically blew the title, losing 4-2 and finished with 9 men. 

image.thumb.png.fcac62c13c770f9a30655ffda2ba3e18.png

Jealous mate, would love to go there to watch a game.

• Like 1