Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Bundesliga Matches

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What's Bielefeld? 

Also Bochum don't hate Bayern at all!

:dunno: If you Don t know then you Don t know..!!!

to be fair Bochum have a Close friendship with Bayern . One of the oldest fan frienships...Goes back to 1973...:scarf:

7 hours ago, Lionator said:

Absolute limbs in Furth, Hamburg concede in the 94th minute. 

I celebrated that dreadful scrappy shambles of a goal more enthusiastically than I care to admit.

• Haha 1

A lot being made of Haaland’s post match interview(s) over on Twitter. Has anybody else seen the one from the weekend, or the compilation of his past interviews doing the rounds? 

Don’t know where I stand on it to be honest. On one hand he’s answering the same repetitive questions in a second language which probably causes some difficulty, but that is part and parcel of the post match stuff nowadays, especially with how good he is he’s going to be in front of the media a lot. Also don’t think he owes the media anything and he does (albeit in a really weird way) answer the questions posed to him. 

However on the other hand it just smacks of a 19 year old lad being rude and arrogant for the sake of it and trying to play the tired Zlatan’esque character. I don’t think manners cost anything personally and plenty of players will at least pay lip service in the interviews after matches. It’s an odd one! 

Edited by Manini

2 hours ago, Manini said:

A lot being made of Haaland’s post match interview(s) over on Twitter. Has anybody else seen the one from the weekend, or the compilation of his past interviews doing the rounds? 

Don’t know where I stand on it to be honest. On one hand he’s answering the same repetitive questions in a second language which probably causes some difficulty, but that is part and parcel of the post match stuff nowadays, especially with how good he is he’s going to be in front of the media a lot. Also don’t think he owes the media anything and he does (albeit in a really weird way) answer the questions posed to him. 

However on the other hand it just smacks of a 19 year old lad being rude and arrogant for the sake of it and trying to play the tired Zlatan’esque character. I don’t think manners cost anything personally and plenty of players will at least pay lip service in the interviews after matches. It’s an odd one! 

The stuff going round on Twitter is just snippets and not indicative of the whole interview, at least from the weekend. Think Jonathan Walters posted the full interview. 

I think he can answer how he wants to be honest! English isn't his first language but who cares about how he answers? Does it have to meet a certain standard or way?! 

Just seems another way to bring a talented kid down. Let him play football and be fvcking quality at it. He's not breaking any rules or swearing or anything. 

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The stuff going round on Twitter is just snippets and not indicative of the whole interview, at least from the weekend. Think Jonathan Walters posted the full interview. 

I think he can answer how he wants to be honest! English isn't his first language but who cares about how he answers? Does it have to meet a certain standard or way?! 

Just seems another way to bring a talented kid down. Let him play football and be fvcking quality at it. He's not breaking any rules or swearing or anything. 

Come on mate - he's quality but there can't be any doubt he comes across a right nonce in some of those interviews and it smacks of trying too hard. I don't think anyone's raring to tear him down, if anything the football Twitter goblins are lapping it up. 

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Quick reply from Bremen off of the corner. Looked like everyone was avoiding the ball.

Had nothing else to do tonight so watched it. Never seen that Kevin Vogt play before, and I don't think the Werder Bremen fans will want to see him again either. Honestly, one of the worst individual performances I have seen in live professional football.

19 hours ago, Manini said:

19 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Norwegian so his English will be bang on. They were not even particularly bad questions. Comes across a bit of a tosser.

It's not Zlatanesque at all to be honest, he's a lot more like watching Kimi Raikkonen or to an extent Marshawn Lynch, he just doesn't want to be there at all and it makes it worse when he's asked completely stupid questions. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/52715123

Norwegian journo here sums it up pretty well. 

Got no problem with it tbh. Zlatan chased the spotlight and performs, Haaland is just trying to get out of it as quickly as possible and get back to doing whatever. 

But yeah, above all else definitely reminds me of Kimi, a lot. 

Edited by Finnegan