Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Bundesliga Matches

30 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Gladbach are the German Leicester City.

Sign em all up, especially Pléa.

Agreed. Plea looks tailor-made for our system. I can see why we've tracked him since his Ligue 1 days. Powerful and direct.

• Like 1

The right-back for Frankfurt, Almamy Toure, looked decent considering how bad the rest of his team played for the majority of the match.

Put in some decent crosses and got forward quite well. Is only 24 but only joined Frankfurt in summer though.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The right-back for Frankfurt, Almamy Toure, looked decent considering how bad the rest of his team played for the majority of the match.

Put in some decent crosses and got forward quite well. Is only 24 but only joined Frankfurt in summer though.

Plus we already have the best RB in the world :D

58 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Solid squad player in a great Monaco side. Pretty decent all round right back. 

5 hours ago, Gazza3 said:

Not enjoying the score ☹️

Its late...but I enjoyed the day immensley,especially where BVB,....well. sort of ,seen off our traditional  awkward ,troublesome neighbours...again..!!!

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed. Plea looks tailor-made for our system. I can see why we've tracked him since his Ligue 1 days. Powerful and direct.

Him or Thuram look perfect players for our system.

Bensebaini and Neuhaus as well will do.

Might have to make a half and half, Gladbach, Leicester scarf after today.

I watched 3 games today. I don't have any objection to behind closed doors football given the circumstances because I agree that playing out the remainder of the season is definitely preferable to voiding it. However it's just not the same. The best things about German football are the flags, scarfs, colour, the jumping up and down, beer flying everywhere when goals go in etc. It just feels hollow without it. 

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

A minute ago Macca called this the Riviera Derby, wrong country pal. Now he's just said they're fighting for bragging rights in the city. These clubs are from two different cities. 

Just to help some "New German" fans Its simply the Rawness of the Ruhr-gebiet...

Its a given ... The Heart of German Football Beats in The Ruhr..!!

The cities of Dortmund and Gelsenkirchen are separated by less than 20 miles in the Ruhr region, for generations Germany's centre of coal and steel production. You could say more unites them than divides them — though duck/run if you say it in Dortmund or Gelsenkirchen! — as they share a hugely passionate, football-mad, working-class fan base.

While religious, economic and political differences spice up other derbies, the Revierderby is split simply across one divide: Are you Black-and-Yellow or Royal Blue? There is no middle ground.

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Just to help some "New German" fans Its simply the Rawness of the Ruhr-gebiet...

Its a given ... The Heart of German Football Beats in The Ruhr..!!

The cities of Dortmund and Gelsenkirchen are separated by less than 20 miles in the Ruhr region, for generations Germany's centre of coal and steel production. You could say more unites them than divides them — though duck/run if you say it in Dortmund or Gelsenkirchen! — as they share a hugely passionate, football-mad, working-class fan base.

While religious, economic and political differences spice up other derbies, the Revierderby is split simply across one divide: Are you Black-and-Yellow or Royal Blue? There is no middle ground.

Unless you follow any of the other clubs in the Ruhr area. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Unless you follow any of the other clubs in the Ruhr area. 

Yup..there are some unfortunate Misguided souls ...:whistle:

Though teams, like Bochum, Essen, Duisburg, have some bragging rights Maybe Oberhausen,& Wattenscheid, can be mentioned in Dispatches

Far flung Amenia Bielefeld,come in as an irritable neighbour....

In years past,some of those teams,shown their Heart & spirits can Beat as loud...Smaller crowds but just as fanatical...

One Thing in common...They all hate Bayern to a man except the odd plastic Football tourist..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

Of all the European leagues to have started back up to fill the void before the premier league. Bundesliga is probably my preference. Top players, very competitive, played at a good tempo. Some English players too keep an eye on. And a tight title race with lots of the contenders still to play. 

Watching German football in front of empty stadiums is not how I imagined I'd spend my May (I had half hoped to be going to Wembley with City) but in the circumstances it will scratch the itch. Besides what else are you going to do with your Saturdays and Sundays with pubs, cinemas, shops etc shut. There's only so much Netflix you can watch.

I thought the games were fun to watch. Of course it's nothing like the real thing and are essentially glorified training matches, but the games are still intense and given there is basically nothing else to do, I found it quite enjoyable to watch. Looking at some of the highlights I was impressed with Hertha Berlin, especially Matheus Cunha who looks very promising.

It will be weird when Premier League matches look like this, but I'd still prefer to see matches like this than nothing at all, provided of course that everyone's safety can be protected as best as possible. It is of course very weird to have all the subs 2m apart wearing masks, and then on the pitch having people literally sweating and breathing over one another!

For me the biggest issue was more than a lot of the teams looked unfit, which is not surprising really given the large break.

18 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Yup..there are some unfortunate Misguided souls ...:whistle:

Though teams, like Bochum, Essen, Duisburg, have some bragging rights Maybe Oberhausen,& Wattenscheid, can be mentioned in Dispatches

Far flung Amenia Bielefeld,come in as an irritable neighbour....

In years past,some of those teams,shown their Heart & spirits can Beat as loud...Smaller crowds but just as fanatical...

One Thing in common...They all hate Bayern to a man except the odd plastic Football tourist..!!!

What's Bielefeld? 

Also Bochum don't hate Bayern at all!

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

19 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Truly awful stuff 

if that’s what the premier league will look like I won’t be tuning in 

training ground rubbish 

It’s ok.. remember they’ve had 6 weeks off, they’ll be a little rusty.

on the closed doors, the fact of the matter is unless something changes drastically this is the new norm till Sept/Oct.. it might not be the football we want but it’s football at least.. not sure I can take re runs of crap sky sports are churning out.

Also as the games go on, they’ll at least get a bit more interesting with European spots and relegation to play for..

it would be nice if they could just play some crowd noises though.. surely they’ve got it all recorded for Fifa...