Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Bundesliga Matches

I'm quite enjoying this. Håland's finish was sublime and the overall quality of the football is decent as you'd expect.

But the empty stadium doesn't half expose just how much the crowd contributes to games. The swell of the noise as the game ebbs and flows is crucial to the game, both as a spectacle and as a marketable product. You have to hope that match-going fans in this country are looked after more by broadcasters going forward. Maybe closed-doors PL games will really make them notice.

• Like 4

Just now, ALC Fox said:

I'm quite enjoying this. Håland's finish was sublime and the overall quality of the football is decent as you'd expect.

But the empty stadium doesn't half expose just how much the crowd contributes to games. The swell of the noise as the game ebbs and flows is crucial to the game, both as a spectacle and as a marketable product. You have to hope that match-going fans in this country are looked after more by broadcasters going forward. Maybe closed-doors PL games will really make them notice.

Yeah totally agree, the fans are just as important when it comes to making it a real spectacle. It feels dead without them and more like a training session 

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

I heavily doubt as they know the match going fan will be back in their droves the minute they are allowed no matter how they are treated.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Empty stadiums sorry. 

How is it plain wrong? 

So if a team is a small local side and they don't have big crowds and good atmosphere and ultras, like grass roots football, it's not proper football? 

How very corporate modern football of you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I won't deny it feels very surreal watching this play out in an empty, echoing stadium.  But I don't buy the argument that it's some kind of moral travesty or not real football.  It's football - not the same, but football nonetheless.  And given that it's the only way we're going to see any professional football for at least a year and possibly much longer, I'll gladly take it over nothing.  

Exactly, the virus is under control enough in Germany for people to go out for a drink so this is reasonable.

Restarting the EPL is a different argument, still I don’t see how no crowd football is better than no football at all, do not get the logic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

It's obviously not great without fans but it's all we have at the minute. I don't think it's been too bad. 

Schalke have not been good at all. Brilliant finish from Haaland, makes it look so easy. 

Pretty much this. I'm enjoying it. 

Obviously I'd rather there be fans there but anyone that would rather have no football than football behind closed doors isn't a football fan, they're fans of musical theatre that are too insecure about their manliness to admit they'd rather join a choir and practice every Saturday. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Umm. 

Who exactly is that aimed at? 

Umm.

It’s a simple observation on most of us.

See, there’s some who love watching a televised game or two on Saturday.  There’s joy in watching world-class players do what they do best.  The experience is denatured.  But some folks seem to be rolling with the best they can get -- because they are commenting on the action, rather than raising a ruckus.  They seem to be in * THIS * thread.

People who can’t stand the very idea are having a circle jerk in * ANOTHER * thread.  They seem not to be able to understand -- or even tolerate -- that others can get a degree of enjoyment out of this.  Do they realize we could be looking at a year without football if we have to wait for the only full and ”proper” experience?

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I won't deny it feels very surreal watching this play out in an empty, echoing stadium.  But I don't buy the argument that it's some kind of moral travesty or not real football.  It's football - not the same, but football nonetheless.  And given that it's the only way we're going to see any professional football for at least a year and possibly much longer, I'll gladly take it over nothing.  

Exactly lol Curious if the same people would happily tune in for a football match with a great atmosphere but without the football

• Like 1

Must be a lot easier for referees to officiate when there isn't 50,000 fans screaming abuse at them. Obviously it's infinitely better with fans but I've enjoyed just being able to watch some live football. Big opportunity for the Bundesliga here.

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Must be a lot easier for referees to officiate when there isn't 50,000 fans screaming abuse at them. Obviously it's infinitely better with fans but I've enjoyed just being able to watch some live football. Big opportunity for the Bundesliga here.

Not going to stop the players overcrowding the ref 

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Umm.

It’s a simple observation on most of us.

See, there’s some who love watching a televised game or two on Saturday.  There’s joy in watching world-class players do what they do best.  The experience is denatured.  But some folks seem to be rolling with the best they can get -- because they are commenting on the action, rather than raising a ruckus.  They seem to be in * THIS * thread.

People who can’t stand the very idea are having a circle jerk in * ANOTHER * thread.  They seem not to be able to understand -- or even tolerate -- that others can get a degree of enjoyment out of this.  Do they realize we could be looking at a year without football if we have to wait for the only full and ”proper” experience?

I mean you are not explaining yourself very well here but you are just coming across as judgemental.

There’s always been an interest in the Bundesliga on this forum and there are loads of posters that have been over to Germany to watch games.

If there are people crying about it in another thread they can carry on but Germany have less than a thousand infections a day less than a hundred deaths at the moment and they have the largest testing operation in Europe. They are allowed to drink I’m bars if they socially distance. For exactly how long does life have to be completely put on hold?

Anyway can’t see Schalke getting the two goals I need for my super six here 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

There’s always been an interest in the Bundesliga on this forum and there are loads of posters that have been over to Germany to watch games.

This is sort of my point really, at the time he first posted looking around most of the people in the thread watch this league a lot anyway? 

It seemed like some sort of smug, judgy post that had missed the mark? Not sure if I read it wrong, hence asking.