Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Bundesliga Matches

22 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I know there’s the issue with no supporters as well as the player welfare/morality issue, however this has really lifted my mood if I’m honest. 

It really isn't ideal but we need something new to talk about. I think all the best XI's, classic games, worst moments have been done to death these past two months.

You can't beat live sport.

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

I only saw about 25 minutes and he was atrocious. How he stayed on when 5 subs are permitted, I have no idea. 

haha he only came on at half time but trust he was bad enough to get subbed off again. missed an open goal, ran out of play a couple times, summed it up with missing the ball in the six yard box in injury time. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I mean you are not explaining yourself very well here but you are just coming across as judgemental.

There’s always been an interest in the Bundesliga on this forum and there are loads of posters that have been over to Germany to watch games.

Touché.  I’m as judgmental as the attitude that rubs me wrong.

I can live without atmosphere and be entertained.  And I definitely prefer this (Freiburg-Leipzig at least) to no football.  I should leave it at that.

if any explanation … for some of us the “live” experience is not the PL or Bundesliga.  Mine is Cleveland SC in the semi-pro league.  The crowds are small so it’s not about “atmosphere”-- just the afternoon out and the action on the pitch.  (And with this season cancelled, I won’t be going for another year.)

Might be an unpopular opinion but I think crowd noise was actually ok in K League last week, maybe because it was controlled by the home team.

Maybe more of the same might help these behind closed doors matches in Bundesliga (and Premier League if/when thats back) feel a little less surreal?

Edited by Nalis

Cringing at McManaman pretending to know anything about the Bundesliga for 90 mins.

Reminded me of Robbie Savage submitting his Bundesliga all time XI, like he’s ever watched Bayern Munich when they’re not playing an English team. 

I’m no expert but at least use people who know what they’re talking about. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

22 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Cringing at McManaman pretending to know anything about the Bundesliga for 90 mins.

Reminded me of Robbie Savage submitting his Bundesliga all time XI, like he’s ever watched Bayern Munich when they’re not playing an English team. 

I’m no expert but at least use people who know what they’re talking about. 

Agreed it's the same old jobs for the boys I'd much rather listen to someone with a good knowledge of the German game Diddi Hamman still lives here and does media I think. Rob Huth has always spoken well, as has Fuchs (not german but played in the bundesliga for 8 years) and that's just of the top of my head. 

Instead we get the same old tired faces. Offering even less than they do when commentating on English teams. The commentary is worse than the empty stadiums in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Just now, spacemunky said:

Frankfurt looking better as the match goes on.

Forgot that they had lost Rebic, Jovic and Haller from that very good squad last season.

They still look poor even if they did improve.

If they can't get the ball to Dost, they struggle. Gladbach still look fairly comfortable really and that's with them slowing down after their first start.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They still look poor even if they did improve.

If they can't get the ball to Dost, they struggle. Gladbach still look fairly comfortable really and that's with them slowing down after their first start.

I swear after I typed that they didn't do much at all lol