Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

I see this as realistic:

Out:

Chilwell - sold for around £50-60 million

Bennett - back to Wolves

Mendy - released

In:

Gaya - Valencia’s left back, they have to sell players to stay afloat

Vestergaard - good player who can easily compete to be 3rd choice for us with Benkovic

Jovic - on loan if we secure Champions League football

Grealish - will cost £ but he’s a match winner

48 minutes ago, Nick said:

Grealish - love or loathe would be an awesome weapon to have.

If Villa stay up I find it unlikely he leaves

1 minute ago, Nick said:

Yeah my words were chosen carefully - pleased they weren't lost on you buddy!

He's a good player, but for me his ego doesn't necessarily stack up to his promise. We've got a few of them currently in the squad, we don't need an expensive addition, especially when there are other options undoubtedly out there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Villa stay up I find it unlikely he leaves

I find it slightly implausible he'd come at all but stranger things have happened - as for Villa going down, for me its about which of them and Watford can get a draw - doubt either will beat the teams they have on the final day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

He's a good player, but for me his ego doesn't necessarily stack up to his promise. We've got a few of them currently in the squad, we don't need an expensive addition, especially when there are other options undoubtedly out there.

He's a lot of things but the way he runs and carries the ball and can assist and play that cut-throat pass is truly sublime.

• Like 1

Just now, Nick said:

He's a lot of things but the way he runs and carries the ball and can assist and play that cut-throat pass is truly sublime.

He has his moments, and maybe in a better squad he can be more consistent. I'm just not sure the outlay is value for money. Despite all that unless he wants to join his chums then history tells me he'll follow the coin. His national path tells me that he has his sights on a 'big club' and healthy bank balance.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

I find it slightly implausible he'd come at all but stranger things have happened - as for Villa going down, for me its about which of them and Watford can get a draw - doubt either will beat the teams they have on the final day.

If villa can beat an arsenal team fighting for Europe why can’t they beat a west ham team on the beach? They don’t even have the fan motivation any more. I wouldn’t be surprised if they rolled over in this one 

2 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

He has his moments, and maybe in a better squad he can be more consistent. I'm just not sure the outlay is value for money. Despite all that unless he wants to join his chums then history tells me he'll follow the coin. His national path tells me that he has his sights on a 'big club' and healthy bank balance.

He has more than moments to be fair and I don't reckon consistency is his problem - you are certainly right about the better squad though. I've watched a lot of him this season and he is truly phenomenal - but every time he receives the ball drifts with it into a dangerous area, plays the perfect pass to the feet of the striker or midfielder running in... they are simply shit and skew it row z or bash it straight into the defender closing them down. Again, in a decent squad - if he was playing those balls in to Vardy or Madders or Youri - he'd be a lunatic in our squad.

Still a weapon though...

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

He has more than moments to be fair and I don't reckon consistency is his problem - you are certainly right about the better squad though. I've watched a lot of him this season and he is truly phenomenal - but every time he receives the ball drifts with it into a dangerous area, plays the perfect pass to the feet of the striker or midfielder running in... they are simply shit and skew it row z or bash it straight into the defender closing them down. Again, in a decent squad - if he was playing those balls in to Vardy or Madders or Youri - he'd be a lunatic in our squad.

Still a weapon though...

Perhaps I'm being a bit unfair to him, but I have seen him have utter stinkers too, and his passing wasn't great, not entirely at fault to his teammates, including giving the ball away a fair bit, much like Madders has every now and then. Just some bad patches. He could be amazing with us, but as laid out I'm not so certain we need more 'football fwiends' in our club, cos it could go badly. We've been stung by that and need to learn lessons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can't see Grealish coming here, but I hope I'm wrong.

If Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal or Everton don't want him. Then there's a chance.

He's divisive, but we need more leaders, players who have broad shoulders; Grealish, Zaha. Too many of our players shy away from a battle and we don't seem to have anybody who can lift the team.

Somebody like Cambiasso would have earned us 8-10 points this season. 

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Somebody like Cambiasso would have earned us 8-10 points this season. 

He would have been something to behold with this team. (at his prime)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He would have been something to behold with this team. (at his prime)

Too much hair in his prime, some on here wouldn't approve :ph34r:

Even at 34 he'd have been vital during this period, I'm almost certain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Why would you say that? A young side, playing European football that could double his wages and has mates here already? I think he’d love a move here 

I just think one of the top 7 (other than us) will go for him and if they do he'll go there. Hopefully they don't and we can tempt him here, I just can't see it.

• Like 1

Right now we are top 7 but I know what you mean. I think to a player like grealish at this time it’d be about getting a starting 11 spot and there’s less chance with bigger clubs, but saying that isn’t grealish and Maddison very similar in positioning? Not sure they could play together, I rather a right sided attacking midfielder 

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I just think one of the top 7 (other than us) will go for him and if they do he'll go there. Hopefully they don't and we can tempt him here, I just can't see it.

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Right now we are top 7 but I know what you mean. I think to a player like grealish at this time it’d be about getting a starting 11 spot and there’s less chance with bigger clubs, but saying that isn’t grealish and Maddison very similar in positioning? Not sure they could play together, I rather a right sided attacking midfielder 

Plays as a CAM or a LW normally I think, not sure which one he prefers. It will all depend on the formations we use next season.