Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

4 minutes ago, Leicester_brfox said:

The players prices would have drastically lowered because they got relegated

Watford spent £25m (off the top of my head) on Sarr, they’re not going to make a loss. Phillip Billing went for £15m from relegated Huddersfield to Bournemouth and he didn’t have the same level of interest and is worse player than Sarr and Doucore. Relegated players don’t tend to go cheaply unless there’s a release clause like Evans’ case 

9 minutes ago, Leicester_brfox said:

The players prices would have drastically lowered because they got relegated

Really? With parachute payments I can't see that happening.

We got Evans for a ridiculous price due to a clause. 

There’s no source to this, should be merged into the twitter rumours thread, until there is an actual published source.

...btw both players would go straight into our first 11.

For the right price I'd get Sarr straight in. He might be a bit raw and erratic but at least he might actually go past his full back unlike the rest of our right wingers. Erratic wingers who spend half the game pissing you off and the other half getting you out your seat are what the game is all about imo

• Like 1

The big thing about Sarr is that he can dribble. 47 successful dribbles in 28 (1.7 per game).

For us this season:

Ricardo - 2.1 per game

Maddison - 1.6 per game

Barnes - 1.2 per game

There are other factors, but it is obvious that without those three players on the pitch we have struggled to create chances purely because there's no players that can beat two or three players to create space.

If Sarr is available for <£30m, at 22 years of age having had a season of adaptation in the PL, it would be a good deal for us.

3 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

The big thing about Sarr is that he can dribble. 47 successful dribbles in 28 (1.7 per game).

For us this season:

Ricardo - 2.1 per game

Maddison - 1.6 per game

Barnes - 1.2 per game

There are other factors, but it is obvious that without those three players on the pitch we have struggled to create chances purely because there's no players that can beat two or three players to create space.

If Sarr is available for <£30m, at 22 years of age having had a season of adaptation in the PL, it would be a good deal for us.

We've created chances fine, we just don't score them. Vardy should have had a hat trick of assists against Sheffield United. People slate Rodgers taking Kelechi off all the time but he does miss a fair amount of chances.

My biggest concern is opposition being more clinical than us. The Spurs game was the greatest example of that (albeit they do have a World Class finisher but we had good chances too that they would have taken).

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Championship loan is the natural progression given we’ve signed him for 5 years wasn’t it? If goes well could be back to be number 1/2 season after! Not sure I want him going Birmingham though, the way they are going he will get a little too much practise lol

• Haha 1

I can see is looking at Sarr. We’ve looked at him before. But I think we will be cheeky and loan him, with the option to buy. He’s the type of player who would flourish here. He single handily had Liverpool’s pants down pre lockdown! 

• Like 2

Watford will want their money back on Sarr which was in the region of £30m but relegation might test their resolve. He was excellent for a very good Rennes side and has Europa League pedigree. He could be a really exciting player for us, another weapon in the armory so to speak.

With regards to Sarr and Dacoure ..It all depends on the wages they are on... If Watford spent big on wages( which is unlikely), parachute payments or not,  Balancing the books starts now.  if they prove hard to shift, the price will come down... transfer requests will be handed in it can all get messy...

Having said all that they should get their money back on Sarr.  but I’d be super surprised if Sarr didn’t  Insert some sort of relegation release clause even if it’s for the same price he was purchased for..

Edited by MPH

Only problem in getting Doucoure I can see is that we've got Praet, they're not completely similar but they'd get in eachothers way a little. Apart from that I'm all for it; Doucoure's dynamic, energetic, strong, versatile, chips in with goals, is proven in this League and is in his prime. If he were to take Mendy's spot in the squad we'd be lacking cover on Wilf still, and can't see Praet leaving so soon either especially being Youri's mate and also having a point to prove after a tepid first season.

I think Sarr would be a risk, probably just come in and impersonate Gray. We need someone more creative & consistent at RW, not another ball chaser who can't break two banks of four.

10 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Only problem in getting Doucoure I can see is that we've got Praet, they're not completely similar but they'd get in eachothers way a little. Apart from that I'm all for it; Doucoure's dynamic, energetic, strong, versatile, chips in with goals, is proven in this League and is in his prime. If he were to take Mendy's spot in the squad we'd be lacking cover on Wilf still, and can't see Praet leaving so soon either especially being Youri's mate and also having a point to prove after a tepid first season.

I think Sarr would be a risk, probably just come in and impersonate Gray. We need someone more creative & consistent at RW, not another ball chaser who can't break two banks of four.

Shaqiri 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Watford spent £25m (off the top of my head) on Sarr, they’re not going to make a loss. Phillip Billing went for £15m from relegated Huddersfield to Bournemouth and he didn’t have the same level of interest and is worse player than Sarr and Doucore. Relegated players don’t tend to go cheaply unless there’s a release clause like Evans’ case 

Bournemouth will be selling fairly cheap. They are in financial trouble. They owe clubs £81 million pounds in transfer fees alone, and are owed just £5 million back. None of their higher earners have relegation clauses in their contracts, so they are going to be spending an obscene amount on wages. They will be selling at fairly low prices. Norwich will be selling at whatever price they please, and Watford may have some small issues but after selling Doucouré, Deulofeu and Sarr they should be fine. Plus, they've got plenty of great youth players, on loan and in the squad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

We've created chances fine, we just don't score them. Vardy should have had a hat trick of assists against Sheffield United. People slate Rodgers taking Kelechi off all the time but he does miss a fair amount of chances.

My biggest concern is opposition being more clinical than us. The Spurs game was the greatest example of that (albeit they do have a World Class finisher but we had good chances too that they would have taken).

Kelechi is still our second most clinical player tbf

4 hours ago, StevieB said:

Twitter is saying Eze off to Palace and Man U in for one of our CBs probably Soyuncu. I call bullshit on the second rumor as it is from Indyshitter 

I call bullshit on both, Eze is probably not stupid enough to go to a team which seems to have no idea what to do with creative attacking midfielders apart from stall their development.

• Like 1

I'd love to bring Teemu Pukki in for cheap.  He has a knack for goals - a natural scorer.  With a decent team behind him he could be a credible alternative to Vardy and also an effective partner in a 2.  He's 30, but the way he plays - guile, positioning, reading the game - he could go well into his 30's before he starts to decline.

23 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I'd love to bring Teemu Pukki in for cheap.  He has a knack for goals - a natural scorer.  With a decent team behind him he could be a credible alternative to Vardy and also an effective partner in a 2.  He's 30, but the way he plays - guile, positioning, reading the game - he could go well into his 30's before he starts to decline.

I don’t get Pukki ..... he declined as the season went on. Norwich fell off after playing decent football and they were awful at the end. Maybe, like us, it’s more of a mentality thing. They have some talented players in that squad.