Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

2 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I’m sure there was something rumoured about a clause in the deal with Sporting saying if we sold him to a Portuguese rival we’d have to pay a fee to them, but I might be remembering wrongly! If it frees up the wage bill it’s worth it, whether he could play a part or not, his career here is over

I'm sure that would have had a time limit on it that was the case.

55 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Idk how legit this page is but thought I’d share

If we get CL then maybe but it’d take a huge fee, £80m, I just can’t see us spending that on 1 player, we really need to spread our money more evenly I woul imagine 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

If we get CL then maybe but it’d take a huge fee, £80m, I just can’t see us spending that on 1 player, we really need to spread our money more evenly I woul imagine 

We could maybe throw a makeweight or two into the mix... Gray?

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Isn’t there a 40m release clause if they are relegated? I’d say that’s reasonable if it’s true. 

Jack is only leaving his beloved Villa for a big money contract move to a top club ....... that’s not us .....

no way does jack leave villa for Leicester ..... if villa are relegated then his fee is reduced and one of the big six will pay the money 

if villa stay up and none of the big six are prepared to pay the massive fee, then grealish stays at villa 

• Like 1

I would be ecstatic if can keep our squad, just add a few players for back up. Maybe just a marquee striker to eventually replace Vardy.

I would raid the Norwich and Bournemouth for backups.

I'd like any of the following;

Lewis Cook, Chris Mepham, David Brooks, Callum Wilson, Lloyd Kelly, Todd Cantwell, Max Aarons, Ben Godfrey or Adam Idah.

Also, Mitrovic from Fulham would be a good plan b signing.

1 hour ago, FoxLAD said:

I would be ecstatic if can keep our squad, just add a few players for back up. Maybe just a marquee striker to eventually replace Vardy.

Lewis Cook, Chris Mepham, David Brooks, Callum Wilson, Lloyd Kelly, Todd Cantwell, Max Aarons, Ben Godfrey or Adam Idah.

Whenever people suggest a list of targets made up purely of relegated domestic players it feels like the equivalent of being on the mailing list for reduced price G Star and Superdry clothes. Have some ambition and do some bloody research man!! :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I’m sure there was something rumoured about a clause in the deal with Sporting saying if we sold him to a Portuguese rival we’d have to pay a fee to them, but I might be remembering wrongly! If it frees up the wage bill it’s worth it, whether he could play a part or not, his career here is over

Please no! They've had our pants down twice already with Slimani and Silva. Surely not again?

2 hours ago, FoxLAD said:

We need 3 quality players to improve the First 11 if we want to progress. The players that are the weakest will become the squad players.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Whenever people suggest a list of targets made up purely of relegated domestic players it feels like the equivalent of being on the mailing list for reduced price G Star and Superdry clothes. Have some ambition and do some bloody research man!! :D

There is so e value in acquiring players from relegated clubs.  For instance, Brooks who missed much of Bournemouth's  season.  However, some of our positions that need strengthening would  of be satisfactorily  filled .

We might find a back-up defender.  We will not find the striker we need- Wilson is  it quite there.  However, if Watford, mis-ru  for most of the season go down, Sarr, who we were lj ked with last year could be an option.   Doucourre is another one. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Benfica’s academy is stacked with talent, as is Sporting’s.

If we could negotiate a deal to send Slimani and Silva to one or the other and get a couple promising youngsters in to provide competition for the first team and potentially step into the starting 11 if any of our starting players depart in the next few years. 

You can't beat the Portuguese side academies for some talent on Football Manager ...goldmine!

14 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

According to t'internet he's on £35k a week, contracted till 2023 and one of the highest earners so he'll be looking for significant increase I'd imagine, bet we could double his wages 

who

We waste so many set pieces I think Grealish's main talent which is falling over a lot and winning free kicks would be wasted in a blue shirt. Plus I'll never forgive him for Riccy P's ACL injury, even if he didn't mean it, the dastardly ****.

If Villa were to go down i think we would have a good shout with getting Grealish personally. He would need to move to somewhere where he is guaranteed to start - I can't see him going from captain and star man to someone more on the sidelines. 

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

We waste so many set pieces I think Grealish's main talent which is falling over a lot and winning free kicks would be wasted in a blue shirt. Plus I'll never forgive him for Riccy P's ACL injury, even if he didn't mean it, the dastardly ****.

This. I would prefer McGinn.

I hate Grealish, with a passion, because he doesn't play for us. I'd hate Vardy just as much if he wasn't out player.

Good mates with Maddison, don't under estimate the value and flair that could bring to our attacking play, friendly competition and all that.

Can't see it though, Villa won't go down and because of that will probably slap a huge price on his head. We'll be in a reversed Maguire situation and any transfer fee would far outweigh actual ability, meaning if he doesnt hit the ground at an astronomical pace he'll be slaughtered, mostly by our own fans.

If he goes anywhere this summer it'll be United