Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Twitter Transfer Rumours

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Signing on fee and agent fee will probs take it up to £20m+ and then you have to think what effect it will have on the rest of the squad if a wage structure is ripped up for one player. Still not loads but what if you end up stuck with an Ozil situation like at Arsenal. 

Maybe a club like Arsenal, Everton or West Ham might see it as good value tbf, but with our stricter wage structure when we only have Schmeichel and Vardy on 100k+, it’d be silly to give someone who it’s questionable whether or not they would improve our starting 11 that sort of money at the risk of upsetting some key members of this promising team. 

Exactly. You also will never be able to shift them if they dont work out and youll end up in the same situation as we are with slimani. 

On paper it sounds good but there are still other issues that will arise from it.  

I listened to the Hume podcast the other day and he was saying how annoyed Fryatt and himself were when DJ Campbell came in on so much more wage then them. When theyd be grafting for so long for the club and doing well. We'd have players thinking exactly this if we offered him something like that... especially as he's done nothing all season.

100% ending up at west ham lol They couldnt give a hoot about the harmony of the squad.

Edited by Lambert09

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

This is my perspective entirely on whoever takes a punt on Fraser. 12 months ago it was a no brainer that you’d take him, after this seasons performances from him and how he’s dealt with his contract situation it leaves big question marks over if you’re really getting good value for money on this move. 

I'm unsure what you mean by " how hes dealt with his contract situation".... He hasn't dishonoured his contract, he just hasn't signed an extension. 

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm unsure what you mean by " how hes dealt with his contract situation".... He hasn't dishonoured his contract, he just hasn't signed an extension. 

Yeah but again its about the attitude. Bournemouth have given him the platform to potentially secure a big move, any decent person would want to extend and help them stay up. If they were sat mid table id say fair enough, but it just shows he couldnt give a damn. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Yeah but again its about the attitude. Bournemouth have given him the platform to potentially secure a big move, any decent person would want to extend and help them stay up. If they were sat mid table id say fair enough, but it just shows he couldnt give a damn. 

It's a job at the end of the day, he doesn't owe Bournemouth anything, much like Mahrez didn't owe us anything when he left. Yes it's a bit crap that he's going on a free, but Bournemouth always knew this could happen, they should have sold him last summer to avoid it.

• Like 1

He left Aberdeen on a free to Bournemouth, don't think Bournemouth can particularly complain about anything.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Did you watch the Arsenal game the other night? Some serious looking injuries there.......

Let's say he signed a short term deal, first game back he gets an injury shocker, a year out. You going to sit there and tell me that Bournmouth will hand him a bumper new deal whilst he's out? Orcourse they won't and neither will anyone else. He has what, 7/8 years left in the game? 2 more BIG contracts? He needs to do what's right for him and his family. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It would've been fine; had he actually performed for the team this year instead of being ineffective and a shadow of last year's return. But he's admitted he's not played for the team this year.  Surely you'd wonder if he's capable of turning it back on to previous standards?

• Like 1

Ryan Fraser has done absolutely nothing wrong and there are plenty of footballers right now in the same situation as him, it’s unfortunate that him and Lyle Taylor have taken the brunt of the abuse when this is quite a common situation right now due to covid. 

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It would've been fine; had he actually performed for the team this year instead of being ineffective and a shadow of last year's return. But he's admitted he's not played for the team this year.  Surely you'd wonder if he's capable of turning it back on to previous standards?

Mahrez was moody and sulky for a couple of seasons with us before he left for Man City and he is doing alright. 

We are a bigger draw than Bournemouth so I am sure someone of Frasers standing in the game would be delighted to play for a team like Leicester. We do not know if he was made promises by Bournemouth that were then renaged on. 

A happy player is always a better player. If we can give him the platform to produce his best then he would be a welcome addition to the squad. The 100k per week is surely just paper talk.

8 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Ryan Fraser has done absolutely nothing wrong and there are plenty of footballers right now in the same situation as him, it’s unfortunate that him and Lyle Taylor have taken the brunt of the abuse when this is quite a common situation right now due to covid. 

Different characters will behave differently given the situation. From a business decision it makes sense for Fraser to protect him and his families future by reducing any potential injury and scuppering a move, let's remember he has wanted to leave Bournemouth all season and what benefit does he get from signing a new deal for these remaining games? Reputation is all and that for some is a huge priority and why many footballers in Frasers position would stay on. I can see both sides point of view, I don't think what Fraser has done is anything that extraordinary, there's been far worse like players refusing to play when they have a long term contract.

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Not signing until the end of the season when his team still have something to play for and he’s a key player. It shows a lack of commitment and question marks over attitude. 

I get the argument that is to be made over if he gets an injury, but Bournemouth made him and there on the brink at the moment, the least they can expect is he sticks with them until the end of the season but no. 

Morally yes he ought to, but you cannot argue with the predicament of a player who has already decided for the last year he wants to leave at the end of his contract to pursue a new opportunity. The club get all the reward for a short extension and the player takes all of the risk.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Not signing until the end of the season when his team still have something to play for and he’s a key player. It shows a lack of commitment and question marks over attitude. 

I get the argument that is to be made over if he gets an injury, but Bournemouth made him and there on the brink at the moment, the least they can expect is he sticks with them until the end of the season but no. 

Not bring funny mate but in one post you questioned his performances this season ( rightfully so) and in the next  tou call him a key player.....

If I was Bournemouth I’d add an optional 1 year deal into his extension. If he gets injured he can trigger it. Everyone wins? There must be ways to do it and if he had any desire and he was only worried about injuries it could get sorted.

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If I was Bournemouth I’d add an optional 1 year deal into his extension. If he gets injured he can trigger it. Everyone wins? There must be ways to do it and if he had any desire and he was only worried about injuries it could get sorted.

Not bad but why not insure him for the weekly wages and bonus part that he would lose if he were injured for the time he is under a contract extension?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Maybe it’s different at the top level but if I was midway through a season and still had something to play for I’d be raring to go and wanna make the most of the last couple months I’d have with that club/the mates I had there. 

I do get it tho and understand why not, I’m just playing devil’s advocate really or looking at it from a purely footballing point of view. Never know what conversations himself and his agent have had with reps elsewhere, he could have something lined up already and just be looking forward to that. 

...he probably had been counting the days for when his contract would end!!

To have extended his contract would have been more like his worse nightmare. Why would he have extended his contract to cover the final games when it is acknowledged that he has been going through the motions for most of the season. Best to get someone who is eager to aid the cause than a player who does not want to be there.

So he could play and get injured and trigger a 1 year extension. 

Or

Not play and sign a 3 or 4 year contact with a new club on more them likely double money and a nice signing on fee. 

Come on, its a no brainer for him....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So he could play and get injured and trigger a 1 year extension. 

Or

Not play and sign a 3 or 4 year contact with a new club on more them likely double money and a nice signing on fee. 

Come on, its a no brainer for him....

Im not questioning his motive, I just like to think some players see this as more than just a job. I personally couldnt live with myself if I did this and Bournemouth were relegated. Id always wonder if things could have been different.  This club has treated him well and he had the opportunity to leave on good terms. 

Lets face it, his contract wasnt about length of time, it was planned until the end of the season... its just a very unusual time that the end  has been moved.  In my opinion he still owes them the 9 games. 

Is Mendy being foolish agreeing to finish the season with us?

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Im not questioning his motive, I just like to think some players see this as more than just a job. I personally couldnt live with myself if I did this and Bournemouth were relegated. Id always wonder if things could have been different.  This club has treated him well and he had the opportunity to leave on good terms. 

Easy to say what you would or wouldn't do, when its not your future on the line. 

Lets face it, his contract wasnt about length of time, it was planned until the end of the season... its just a very unusual time that the end  has been moved.  In my opinion he still owes them the 9 games. 

No it was to a date, more then likely the 30th of June, COVID was out of his control. So he owe them nothing other the being available until the end of his contract.  

If he has a career ending injury, yes 100%!

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Easy to say what you would or wouldn't do, when its not your future on the line. 

No it was to a date, more then likely the 30th of June, COVID was out of his control. So he owe them nothing other the being available until the end of his contract.  

If he has a career ending injury, yes 100%!

...you do know the thing with this, is, we would probably look after him as a club!!!!

• Like 4

This is not from Twitter but from a huge 'Twit' quoted in the Daily Express:

Manchester United should take a look at Leicester duo Caglar Soyuncu and Ricardo Pereira to give their defence a boost. That is the opinion of former Liverpool midfielder and manager Graeme Souness, who thinks United and their fellow Premier League title hopefuls should also take a look at Manchester City's Angelino.

19 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Completely different situation - he'll be actively trying to find a new club come the seasons end, meaning the opportunity to get some minutes on the pitch to show what he's about will be to his benefit.

Fraser clearly doesn't need to do that - he already has interest from various parties who will be coming to him. It might even be the case that he's been given a nod from his perspective new club not to play? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Manchester United should take a look at Leicester duo Caglar Soyuncu and Ricardo Pereira to give their defence a boost. That is the opinion of former Liverpool midfielder and manager Graeme Souness, who thinks United and their fellow Premier League title hopefuls should also take a look at Manchester City's Angelino.

Can see from that great insight why the Daily Express are paying the big bucks who would have thought buying players from a team doing better than you would be a way to make you team better.

6 hours ago, twoleftfeet said:

Can see from that great insight why the Daily Express are paying the big bucks who would have thought buying players from a team doing better than you would be a way to make you team better.

It all makes sense now. We should just sign Sterling and de Bruyne from Man City, that's us sorted. Surely they'll want to come to a club playing Champions League football.

19 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Hahah Angelino is at Leipzig now