Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I feel I may be missing the really important part of the story here, by why when your surname is Roberts would you call your son Robert?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I feel I may be missing the really important part of the story here, by why when your surname is Roberts would you call your son Robert?

Don't forget Bobby Roberts, who played 281 games for City between 1963 and 1970. He played mainly at no.4, if I recall correctly. There's also David Davis, the politician, and David Davies, former FA chief, with almost the same first and last names. 

Edited by String fellow

35 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Don't forget Bobby Roberts, who played 281 games for City between 1963 and 1970. He played mainly at no.4, if I recall correctly. There's also David Davis, the politician, and David Davies, former FA chief, with almost the same first and last names. 

Also Neville Neville

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Got a load of stick but he put in a long shift and was devoted to the Queen.  

RIP PP. 

A couple of months and he’d have been receiving a letter from his Missus I believe?

Wonder if that would have happened?

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

A couple of months and he’d have been receiving a letter from his Missus I believe?

Wonder if that would have happened?

Almost certainly would have done, I imagine.

The Queen Mother got a standard 100th birthday card from her daughter, just slightly personalised..... https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/aug/05/queenmother.monarchy#:~:text=The card from the Queen,sword as a letter opener.

Would've been a bit out of order if she'd sent a card to everyone else who hit 100, including her mother.....but not her husband.

Just been to get some dog food and all the way there Mrs CF has been reading out some of his comments ..  absolutely priceless ! ..  we need to list them and choose the top 3 .. 😁

Half way through an Elton John performance ..  can someone turn the microphone off.  To the 13 yr old who said he wanted to be an astronaut ..  you’re too fat. 

Talking to a successful Aboriginal entrepreneur ..  do you still throw spears at each other. 

Shouting to the Queen from the deck of their yacht ..  yak yak yak get a move on !!

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Tony sounds like a bit of a twat.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/09/white-supremacist-who-targeted-jess-philips-sentenced-for-two-years

Cuttingly dismissive comments on the part of the judge:

'Judge Hilary Manley, who delivered the sentencing, said that Eckersley was an “inadequate man” who “cannot cope with the reality of having reached your 50s without ever really achieving much save for a habit of sitting at your keyboard venting your frustration at others”.'

There really needs to be more accountability like this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Saw this earlier in the week and took the time just now to watch it all the way through.

It's great, isn't it? I agree with pretty much everything said.

The more I've thought about it, the more incredulous I feel at the level of cynicism associated with that race report. It's so absurd, so flimsy that it's difficult not to see it as an act of provocation. My initial reaction when I saw its conclusions was to ask myself what's more likely, that institutional racism doesn't exist, or that the Tories have managed to find a dozen or so people of colour to state that's the case?

It would have been a more positive, less divisive step to not publish it. I expect they were aware of that, sadly

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is this illegal? Claiming expenses on their own rent, despite getting plenty (!!!) of income on other properties?!

Can’t see that the two are related ???

and some may have property in London that they rent out but none may not be suitable for their requirements being an MP ref size and location. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Can’t see that the two are related ???

and some may have property in London that they rent out but none may not be suitable for their requirements being an MP ref size and location. 

why is the taxpayer paying for their rental costs?

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

why is the taxpayer paying for their rental costs?

I presume that’s for their rental property as an MP in central London. 

Non London based MP’s are entitled to claim that.  They have to be close to Westminster to do their job ref late night sittings etc and will generally also have a family home to maintain in their constituency.  So the tax payer picks up their London pad rental cost.