Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I presume that’s for their rental property as an MP in central London. 

Non London based MP’s are entitled to claim that.  They have to be close to Westminster to do their job ref late night sittings etc and will generally also have a family home to maintain in their constituency.  So the tax payer picks up their London pad rental cost. 

We need Jeff to explain and justify...

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can we get the politics thread re-open now Geoff and Facecloth are over their lovers tiff?

We all know it gets out of hand sometimes but there's some good discussions in there most of the time. No worries if not :thumbup:

Would be nice to see the US pol thread reopened too.

Matt Gaetz has been a very naughty boy and Arkansas is trying to one-up the Deeper South as the most religiously repressive state.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56714346

And it just keeps happening...

What would be the answer though, take guns off the police and leave them unarmed in a country where everyone carries guns. Reading through it, the guy's got pulled for some traffic offence, got out his car and it turns out he's got an outstanding arrest warrant, he's then got back in and tried to drive off and they shot him. I think the answer is to maybe not try to do a runner, either that or outlaw all guns in America.

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

What would be the answer though, take guns off the police and leave them unarmed in a country where everyone carries guns. Reading through it, the guy's got pulled for some traffic offence, got out his car and it turns out he's got an outstanding arrest warrant, he's then got back in and tried to drive off and they shot him. I think the answer is to maybe not try to do a runner, either that or outlaw all guns in America.

Maybe they could start by asking police to come up with other solutions to a man driving off from a traffic stop than "lets shoot him". 

Plenty of police forces are able to arrest people in cars without killing them first. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Pretty much the answer below:

18 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Maybe they could start by asking police to come up with other solutions to a man driving off from a traffic stop than "lets shoot him". 

Plenty of police forces are able to arrest people in cars without killing them first. 

I'll only add that I don't think fleeing arrest while not posing a capital threat to anyone is legal grounds for getting shot by the fuzz (fatally or otherwise) - and if it is, it really shouldn't be.

The answer wouldn't be to take guns off the police, the answer would be better instruction on when to use them (or not) when executing an arrest. There is such a thing as calling backup and/or catching the guy another day, after all.

7 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Pretty much the answer below:

I'll only add that I don't think fleeing arrest while not posing a capital threat to anyone is legal grounds for getting shot by the fuzz (fatally or otherwise) - and if it is, it really shouldn't be.

The answer wouldn't be to take guns off the police, the answer would be better instruction on when to use them (or not) when executing an arrest. There is such a thing as calling backup and/or catching the guy another day, after all.

Maybe the answer would be that when they stop someone the first thing the police should do is throw a cover over the windscreen or sick one of those stinger things under the front tyres. 

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Maybe the answer would be that when they stop someone the first thing the police should do is throw a cover over the windscreen or sick one of those stinger things under the front tyres. 

Tbh temporarily disabling the vehicle isn't a bad idea. The fuzz would have to be liable for any damage to vehicles if they get it wrong, though.

11 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can we get the politics thread re-open now Geoff and Facecloth are over their lovers tiff?

We all know it gets out of hand sometimes but there's some good discussions in there most of the time. No worries if not :thumbup:

This is me and Geoff when we're getting along lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

One of my American friends tells me they were initially pulled over for having something dangling from their rearview mirror.  Just another spurious law to justify spurious stops.  That puts the victim blaming into perspective I should think.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

and a black Lieutenant in the US Army got pulled over by two white officers, complied with them and didn't react or threaten them, got pepper-sprayed and had a gun-pointed at him, all while he was hounded to the ground and eventually let off without a charge. The reason he was pulled over for not displaying license plates, despite the officers' own body-cam footage showing temporary plates in the window of his car :frusty:

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

and a black Lieutenant in the US Army got pulled over by two white officers, complied with them and didn't react or threaten them, got pepper-sprayed and had a gun-pointed at him, all while he was hounded to the ground and eventually let off without a charge. The reason he was pulled over for not displaying license plates, despite the officers' own body-cam footage showing temporary plates in the window of his car :frusty:

Looks like the one who pepper sprayed him has been fired, whilst the soldier is suing them for $1million

How long until the fired one turns up working for another department in the next town over?

https://news.yahoo.com/police-officer-pepper-sprayed-us-103220824.html

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like the one who pepper sprayed him has been fired, whilst the soldier is suing them for $1million

How long until the fired one turns up working for another department in the next town over?

https://news.yahoo.com/police-officer-pepper-sprayed-us-103220824.html

There needs to be enough awareness, and enough successful civil lawsuits, that change is forced.

It's clearly not going to happen willingly.

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

6 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

One of my American friends tells me they were initially pulled over for having something dangling from their rearview mirror.  Just another spurious law to justify spurious stops.  That puts the victim blaming into perspective I should think.

And this is the 'excuse' from the Police...

So you draw your gun instead of your taser. Lack the focus to realise. And still shoot it. Just wow.