Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Will you renew?

Quick question as someone who has been unable to get a season ticket in many years - has the pandemic affected your decision to renew your season ticket? 

do you think there will be a lot who don’t renew this season because of financial pressure or uncertainty over football?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Monk said:

Quick question as someone who has been unable to get a season ticket in many years - has the pandemic affected your decision to renew your season ticket? 

do you think there will be a lot who don’t renew this season because of financial pressure or uncertainty over football?

Not in the slightest for me, I'll renew as will my family. Can imagine most people will be wanting to get back in.

There'll be a group who may not renew as per every season, but can't picture it being significantly bigger than normal. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Monk said:

The  pandemic and resultant lockdown has made me realise even more that the best of life is about experiences. In terms of those some of my best have been at the football. So it’s likely I’ll renew. The only thing that could affect that is if finances became so bad that I couldn’t justify the expense any longer. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

As things stand, I will renew, yes. I am fortunate that I have not been (so far) financially impacted. However if I had been, or if work takes a turn for the worse then Season Ticket might be one of those things that needs to get knocked on the head.

EDIT: as alluded to by Alf below, this is assuming there is anything resembling a normal "season ticket" next season. 

Edited by stripeyfox

Quick answer (1): Must be doubtful that a full 20-21 season with fans in grounds happens. Maybe a delayed season or first part of season without fans, second part with....or something even more disruptive. :dunno:

Quick answer (2): If the season does get underway with fans, I'm sure a few more than usual will not renew (due to health risk or financial difficulties) - but not masses, as football with fans is only likely to happen if it is fairly safe.

Personally, if the virus is still out there but at a low level and matches with fans happen, I'd renew but probably wear a mask. I'd take the view that there's no such thing as "zero risk" and you cannot just cancel your life and lock yourself in an oxygen tent until you die. On the other hand, if the govt/authorities were reckless enough to allow football with fans when the virus was still rampant, I definitely would not renew......it would be a risk assessment for me. I imagine that a fair few might think that way, particularly older fans or those with health issues......but I don't think football with fans will happen if the virus is still rampant.

• Like 1

Without a doubt.

Due to VAR and the sterile nature of the game I was considering not getting a season ticket next year.

However, this bloody virus has reminded me how much I love football, the crowds, the chants, the excitement building on a Saturday morning, a pint and chips before hand.

Its absolutely fantastic. Normal life is fantastic, dont ever lose sight of that!

• Like 4

I will definitely be renewing.

1 - how the season looks next season may be vastly different though when it comes to fans in stadiums. Maybe instead of a STH attending all games as standard, it'll be another priority window for STHs to buy tickets instead, before Fox Members.

2 - It felt like a long time to finally get a season ticket after being on the waiting list so I won't be letting it go in any rush. I will still be attending as much as possible when it is safe to do so though.

3 - as others have alluded to, it puts in to perspective how real we had it pre-COVID19. The build-up, the anticipation, the atmosphere, the chants, the cheering, the feeling of watching a goal fly in. That's been heavily missed and I am well aware it may be several months before we experience it again. I won't want to miss it whenever that time is!

• Like 1

The season will be delayed until probably the start of September, and I think the fans won't be allowed to return until October time and even then I don't think It will be full capacity. It might be a case of a system where's season ticket holder will only be allowed to attend an every other home game. We could see attendances at the KP as low as 10,000 till after christmas. Would anyone be happy with system. 

• Like 1

How likely is it that someone who's not had a season ticket since the Sven days would get one? Guessing there's waiting lists and all sorts now? I do miss being able to pop down to the ground on match day without a worry.

1 hour ago, Ozwin said:

How likely is it that someone who's not had a season ticket since the Sven days would get one? Guessing there's waiting lists and all sorts now? I do miss being able to pop down to the ground on match day without a worry.

All depends if you have a membership and a decent level of points to be eligible for one. But ST are pretty difficult to get hold of these days

1 hour ago, Ozwin said:

I *think* in the last few years there has been a ballot amongst members for any un-renewed ST. You've had to "opt in" to the ballot.

The great unknown of course is how many ST will not renew (if and when we get back to playing in front of spectators)

My guess would be not many, but there could well be a decent number of people whose finances are sufficiently impacted that their ST might have to get the chop.

Certainly will be renewing at the 1st opportunity, however it will be interesting to see if now having every game live on tv is another watershed moment and we never go back. In which case I will be interested to see if it has an impact on attendances across the PL In general once things get back to normal.

As for when we return to football, I still feel they will have to enforce face coverings as standard unless we know the virus has died out completely or we have a proven vaccine.

On 29/05/2020 at 07:31, Ozwin said:

The waiting list is effectively membership and the number of home priority points collected.

Last 2 years it has been based on a members ballot for the higher point holders.

I managed to get 2 more in last seasons ballot. But think you had to have upwards of 40 points to enter.

On 29/05/2020 at 22:18, Livid said:

Yes I will renew. Official advice aside, It will be a personal decision at the time as to when I’m comfortable actually attending again. 

Yes same here, I'll definitely renew but only go when I'm completely comfortable. At the moment I can't begin to imagine what next season will look like. 

• Like 1

Sadly, we might have lost some fans to the virus.

I will only be able to renew if it's totally safe (I'm on the at risk list). Two factors for me to consider;

1. Scientific evidence of immunity after producing anti-bodies (I got very ill with it during Mar/Apr but was not able to have a test as I wasn't admitted in hospital);

2. A vaccine.

Will definitely renew, I miss football so much! I wouldn’t give up my seats for anything, even if not initially able to attend or only able to attend a limited number of games.

I agree with the poster above that capacity is likely to be limited when fans are first allowed back. But every other game is better than no games at all!

However I do appreciate that I am really lucky not to have been hugely financially disadvantaged by covid-19 and feel

for those who have been. 

49 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I am currently furloughed and there is an outside chance I might loose my job.

However.... If I do hit rocky financial times I would lose my house and sell my wife into sexual slavery before I gave up my season ticket!

Assuming your wife doesn't use the forum lol

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2020 at 20:24, The whole world smiles said:

I am currently furloughed and there is an outside chance I might loose my job.

However.... If I do hit rocky financial times I would lose my house and sell my wife into sexual slavery before I gave up my season ticket!

That’s some serious commitment. You can get a new job and a new wife but you’d have to wait years to get a season ticket again. 

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...