Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

Absolutely mental excuse for the return of Parliament. The idea that it's some act of solidarity because people have to queue for other stuff is laughable. Hope he follows up on that half-commitment he made to proxy voting, having cheerleaders behind him today didn't seem to do him that much good...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bilo said:

Hate to burst the bubble of the Cummings Lovers, but...

Screenshot_20200531-115456_Twitter.jpg

If they had proof then Cummings would have been sacked by now.  Unless he went when all travel restrictions had been lifted of course, inc which case who cares?

18 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Durham is 250 miles away, the other side of the country. Then on a 30 mile journey whilst there. Yes, far and wide. 

He was so well recovered when he went to the Castle that the whole exercise was to test his blindness he apparently developed from the illness? That doesn’t sound well enough to be wandering around in public, if you excuse my doubt.

Blindness?  No-one mentioned blindness ffs.  His eyesight had been a bit affected, blurred vision etc.  The day trip was a day trip regardless of why he took it he probably shouldn't have done.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

If they had proof then Cummings would have been sacked by now.  Unless he went when all travel restrictions had been lifted of course, inc which case who cares?

That literally reviewed the lockdown fines to get him out of it. What makes you think he wouldn’t have made up another another tall tale for gov to easily excuse him for?

• Like 1

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Blindness?  No-one mentioned blindness ffs.  His eyesight had been a bit affected, blurred vision etc.  The day trip was a day trip regardless of why he took it he probably shouldn't have done.

Exactly, his vision was blurred, that doesn’t sound like he recovered to me. 

No, he probably shouldn’t have done it at all, hence the whole saga lol 

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Absolutely mental excuse for the return of Parliament. The idea that it's some act of solidarity because people have to queue for other stuff is laughable. Hope he follows up on that half-commitment he made to proxy voting, having cheerleaders behind him today didn't seem to do him that much good...

I actually think this was his worst showing against Starmer yet, and there's some serious competition. If this continues, the mutterings on the back benches will turn into shouts. 

Thought today was he was poor, but I swear some people put Boris' normal feckless persona down to Starmer, when its just Boris being....well Boris  :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Another development revealed at PMQs was that MPs shielding from coronavirus will be allowed to vote by proxy now that the House of Commons has ended remote sittings.

The hell? I thought democracy died yesterday or some shit? :unsure:

Well yeah, that's because they've rightly U-turned on some aspects of what they spent hours debating and voting for yesterday - making it even more of a spectacular waste of time than it already was.

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Well yeah, that's because they've rightly U-turned on some aspects of what they spent hours debating and voting for yesterday - making it even more of a spectacular waste of time than it already was.

Bloody hell man, sounds like democracy. 

Been rebooted more times than spiderman. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Another development revealed at PMQs was that MPs shielding from coronavirus will be allowed to vote by proxy now that the House of Commons has ended remote sittings.

The hell? I thought democracy died yesterday or some shit? :unsure:

I think the mention and threat of discrimination and the equalities act may have had something to do with that.

Although yes, again it's a sign of a functioning parliament/opposition.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why did Johnson not condemn the actions of Trump response, when asked on 3 separate occasions? 

Because they're good friends and didn't want to slightly dampen the relationship between themselves/US and England?

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Because they're good friends and didn't want to slightly dampen the relationship between themselves/US and England?

I hope they're not - not after all of this, anyhow. Being diplomatic is one thing, actually considering Toupee45 to be a friend is quite another.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why did Johnson not condemn the actions of Trump response, when asked on 3 separate occasions? 

Because after an economic horror show like this pandemic, economic friends will be useful 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I hope they're not - not after all of this, anyhow. Being diplomatic is one thing, actually considering Toupee45 to be a friend is quite another.

Looking at his syrup, I doubt he paid that much tbh

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

He's being torn apart. 

Even as a Labour member who thinks Johnson is an inept charlatan unfit for office, it's almost sad to watch such a blatant mismatch. If today were a boxing match, it would have been stopped in the first round.

21 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Probably because there's not much political or diplomatic capital in calling the leader of a "friendly" nation a fascist-and-racist-enabling piece of pond slime, even if it is 100% true (which it is).

Obviously not to that extent lol