Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

The Politics Thread 2020

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm saying there is a massive double standard going on becuase the media & the establishment don't like Cummings.  Even there you are using exxageration.  Far and wide?  Why?  He drove to Durham to be near family, then took a drive and a walk once they were all recovered.  Oh and picked up his wife and son from Hospital without leaving the car.  Woo.

Durham is 250 miles away, the other side of the country. Then on a 30 mile journey whilst there. Yes, far and wide. 

He was so well recovered when he went to the Castle that the whole exercise was to test his blindness he apparently developed from the illness? That doesn’t sound well enough to be wandering around in public, if you excuse my doubt.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

The Mirror reported that he had been back to Durham a seond time, which was based on someone making it up.

Meanwhile, does anyone know how many MPs went from London to their constituencies in March?

Surely it makes no sense, in defending Cummings, to compare his actions with those of people who aren't in the serving government, don't have his degree of power and haven't set the rules for everyone else, simply because you'd imagine that some of them also committed infractions. Yes, some of them - few, but some nonetheless - will have also overstepped the line. Those who have, and have been caught out, have for the most part apologised and stepped aside. Where that's the case you're not talking about people with his sway, or who have been at the heart of the government's response to the defining issue of our era, and you're not talking about people who - when caught out - refused to apologise either.

Either it was all lies (it wasn't), it wasn't an infraction (to a small extent, it was), or you take the perfectly valid view that he's too important to fire for such a small infraction (in which case surely we can all agree that an apology would have been appropriate). To argue that what he did was fine, or it was fine because other less important people did equally stupid things, or that, yes, he screwed up but still doesn't need to acknowledge it, really doesn't work.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Heard quite a good story about why the press conference with cummings was delayed, if true its sensational.

A) He was shagging Boris Johnson's wife and wanted to finish?

B) He was changing Johnson's son's nappy and wanted to finish?

C) He was filling in an application to join the Labour Party?

D) He was snorting coke with Michael Gove?

E) Hancock was dressed in drag & Cummings was thrashing him with a whip?

F) He was busy applying for an EU passport?

G) He couldn't find his way out into the garden & had to drive to Windsor Castle to test his eyesight?

Come on, don't keep us in suspenders! Let us know the truth! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Slow hand clap for those 242. Do they not realise how this looks to the public, and indeed the rest of the world? The last thing we can afford right now is such an inefficient democratic system. They really don't fvcking care, do they?

Seeing plenty of boneheads coming out with ‘well we have to queue in supermarkets’.

Well the joke is on us the General Public, unproductive waste of time funded by the taxpayer as they line up. 

Given that the Houses of Parliament are long due a refurbishment, surely you’d be utilising remote working in recognition that could well be the new normal? 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I'm saying there is a massive double standard going on becuase the media & the establishment don't like Cummings.  Even there you are using exxageration.  Far and wide?  Why?  He drove to Durham to be near family, then took a drive and a walk once they were all recovered.  Oh and picked up his wife and son from Hospital without leaving the car.  Woo.

I’d be interested to know your definition of media and establishment 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

A) He was shagging Boris Johnson's wife and wanted to finish?

B) He was changing Johnson's son's nappy and wanted to finish?

C) He was filling in an application to join the Labour Party?

D) He was snorting coke with Michael Gove?

E) Hancock was dressed in drag & Cummings was thrashing him with a whip?

F) He was busy applying for an EU passport?

G) He couldn't find his way out into the garden & had to drive to Windsor Castle to test his eyesight?
H) He was cleaning up after shagging Boris Johnson. No wife(s) involved.
I) Pigs involved?

Come on, don't keep us in suspenders! Let us know the truth! :thumbup:

Adding a couple more options :thumbup:

On 31/05/2020 at 09:22, Cardiff_Fox said:

JVT was a breath of fresh air on yesterday’s call. Seemed to do it with more a human touch / the constant highlighting by him to comply for example 

I like JVT but he loses all his authority for me because he has to stand on a box to look over his lectern.

On 28/05/2020 at 13:02, Abrasive fox said:

The police are full of lefties....

Believe me mate, over the last 20 years your joke comment has become true. Those who make policy are manipulated by the left, the ground soldiers are what they always were.

Edited by Gordon the Great
missed word
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gordon the Great said:

Believe me mate, over the last 20 years your joke comment has become true. Those who make policy are manipulated by the left, the ground soldiers are what they always were.

Reptillian shape-shifters as well, I hear 

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Boris seems very flustered at PMQs today

It makes Rees-Mogg's determination to pack the House all the more bizarre. Lose his rag like that in front of a full chamber and he'll be met with gales of laughter from the Opposition benches while Starmer stands calmly by.

2 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It makes Rees-Mogg's determination to pack the House all the more bizarre. Lose his rag like that in front of a full chamber and he'll be met with gales of laughter from the Opposition benches while Starmer stands calmly by.

He wants his own backers in to counter that, no doubt.