Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

28 minutes ago, reynard said:

Yes but the team organising the trial will know who is and who isn't on the real vaccine.

Yep, once they have investigated. The point is, it could be someone on the inside leaking info before it's been substantiated, thus creating hysteria.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Generalisation -  Why can't people get their heads around this (& most changes amendments in fact) & have to go directly into a Monty Python style spoof knocking the Government?

Is it that hard to sit back, digest the information & realise the differences there are in relation to mood, behaviours, awareness, safety measures etc etc between 30 people in a social circle & 30 people in a work (& school) environment?

You honestly believe the increase is because more than 30 people have been meeting in homes without masks. If you keep believing that, we'll never get out of this.

PCR test sensitivity is coming under review, so likely to tests less cycles, just in time for the restrictions to come into force and the corresponding reduction in false positives. 

36 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Hancock is not very good. He likes the blame game and it’s always aimed at the genera public. God forbid it’s the govt errors that has led to this recent increase. His approach is getting a bit annoying now. 

That smirk says punchable. 

Big theory going around that the delay on the rules is in part to make sure the St Leger horse racing festival can take place with crowds of 2,500. 

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Big theory going around that the delay on the rules is in part to make sure the St Leger horse racing festival can take place with crowds of 2,500. 

Doesn't make any sense though cus anything following guidelines is and will be fine as far as I can tell?

with the kids going back, I think we will continue to see a spike.   My son came home from school with a cold, I know have it, but have been up since 02:30 this morning, with a temperature, a dry cough and feeling drained as hell..... is it Covid?? - No idea (i'll have to get tested) but it's forcing me to get a test...  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, simFox said:

You honestly believe the increase is because more than 30 people have been meeting in homes without masks. If you keep believing that, we'll never get out of this.

PCR test sensitivity is coming under review, so likely to tests less cycles, just in time for the restrictions to come into force and the corresponding reduction in false positives. 

Hey Sim, my comment was nothing to do with number of cases it was merely an observation in why any announcement was met by a parody of knee jerk reactions.

It can't be a coincidence that kids are back to school and a week later we're seeing a massive jump. It's like going for a heavy night on the ale, being surprised you had a hangover so cancel nights out for the forseeable future to prevent anymore hangovers, while also saying you'll continue to drink large amounts at home.

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Matt Hankcock suggesting the testing shortage isn't owing to a lack of tests - it's because the tests are being taken by those who don't need them.

I'm not even sure how to digest this sensibly. Are people supposed to know they're negative without the test? Who 'needs' a test other than those with symptoms, surely they're not doing it for fun.

Is this real?! hahahaha

4 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

For the people that have been breaking the rules, making the virus spread, what makes the government think that all of a sudden, these people will magically start to follow these new rules?

They won't, and they haven't from the start, hence why I've joined them, if you followed all the rules to the book you'd never be doing anything, it's ****ing madness.

As someone already said, wash your hands, wear your mask, keep your distance where possible and be sensible, that's all we should be doing really.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Aye I just saw the quotes on the BBC (no idea why I use it as they dumb down everything haha)

Also saw the below... I have no idea what he means. He hopes we can turn what around by christmas? It's an absolutely nothing statement. They've had 6 months and still don't know their arse from their elbow.

Matt Hancock said the rules would be in place for the "foreseeable future".

"I really hope we can turn this round before Christmas. I think that, in a pandemic, Christmas is a long way off," he told BBC Radio 4.

"Three months is a long time in a pandemic and I very much hope this strong rule, together with the local action we've taken in places like Bolton... I very much hope therefore this can work to do that by Christmas."

Edited by filbertway

57 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

can somebody please tell me how many people have died or are dying from the actual virus, when the death figures are now for" any reason"providing a positive test was obtained in the last 28 days.

Screenshot_20200909-090208_YouTube.jpg

Someone said earlier in the thread that all the deaths were due to corona or something on their death certificate, not with corona, but I don't believe it for a second.

It's all a ****ing huge mess.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Hancock is not very good. He likes the blame game and it’s always aimed at the genera public. God forbid it’s the govt errors that has led to this recent increase. His approach is getting a bit annoying now. 

When is the next election? This lot really do need outing, they’re nothing more than a bunch of incompetent fools that believe it’s their god given rite to spout crap and whatever they say goes and the British public can either take it or take it. Anything but these self serving pricks.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Don't all these USA sportsmen take steroids to improve their strength and mass? Sure I read that a few weeks ago, if so that links in with the myocarditis.

He was very unlucky, that's all.

Steroids cause cardiomyopathy, not myocarditis. 

Doesn't help your chances if you have both, of course. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I'm getting a bit fed up of the blame being laid at the door of certain groups in society.

I've seen people of all ages following the rules diligently and not following the rules diligently.

I saw groups of kids gathering on the park at the height of the peak. I've seen groups of middle-aged people stuffing themselves around a single pub bench without a mask in sight, I've seen elderly people in supermarkets without masks at a time when they should've been at home and had someone doing their shopping for them.

And I've seen people in all those groups following the rules and doing their best to keep themselves and everyone else safe.

Anyone can be brilliant and anyone can be a sh!t. Matt Hancock blaming young people is just playing into the hands of the Tory supporter base, the absolute pr!ck.

Those  Clueless groups of people you mention, think they are safe because they are regular bleach drinkers. 

Probably were even before trump said its the cure for covid. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Punchable face, yes. However, it’s his inability to understand basic problems. It’s scary.

His latest claim regarding the testing is absolutely ludicrous. It’s your fault (general public) that this fantastic brilliant system my team have produced is not working. Why’s that ? Well, you’re all showing up (25% of you) and you don’t have any symptoms. Hmmm... so why doesn’t your testing request criteria just reject applications from such people ? Seems an obvious and simple solution. 

For me, Hancock has done significant damage to the tories and they really need to get him out of any cabinet role. He’s just not cut out for it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Someone said earlier in the thread that all the deaths were due to corona or something on their death certificate, not with corona, but I don't believe it for a second.

It's all a ****ing huge mess.

I’ve said a few times now that come the end of the year when the.annual death numbers are announced we can compare it to previous years and see if Covid has taken 1000’s of extra lives.