Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

If they’re small young people they definitely don’t spread it according to experts 😝 

Which is all fine until the inevitable back-track of 'well, we said that they had a smaller percentage...we said there are less of them...we never denied they spread it...we have always said small children are effective vectors of transmission for the disease'.

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The most recent thing to grind my gears regarding Covid is the people now screaming "I told you so" regarding the cases rising. Of course cases were going to rise, there is simply no way to have kept the cases as low as when we were all just sat indoors now things are happening again. You'd think people had predicted the second coming of Jesus judging by some comments. 

Couldn't agree more, seems to be those who have been oddly silent since May who have sprung into action.

• Like 2

RAIL operators are to protect passengers with brain cells by introducing carriages exclusively for twats who refuse to wear face masks.

The carriages will be clearly labelled with a picture of a mask being cut in half by scissors and aim to provide a safe space for morons to be stupid.

A National Rail spokesman said: “Public transport can be stressful for halfwits who don’t follow health guidelines, what with people shouting at them or secretly snapping them on their phones so they can bitch about them on social media.

“By giving them their own carriages, anti-mask willy pullers will be free to misinterpret science, exchange conspiracy theories, and splutter coronavirus all over each other to their heart’s content.

“To make them feel at home we’ll also pipe in Talk Radio and refer to face masks as muzzles. Anyone wearing a face mask in these carriages will be asked to move to a more considerate part of the train.

“Idiots who wear their masks pulled down around their chins are also strongly advised to use the anti-mask willy puller only carriages as well. F**k ‘em.”

28 minutes ago, reynard said:

Basically yes. It is essentially unpredictable. Can be good can be hopeless depending on where you live. Government as usual can't organise anything properly. They come out with high asspirations which they never meet.

trouble is have doubled in 24 hours. Also the reopening of schools has led to parents demanding tests when their kids have a snuffle etc (quite understandably) and this has added further to the problem. Maybe the last two days are oddities but I highly doubt it. Fully expect us to be at France levels of infection within 10-14 days. Hospitalisation is creeping up but so far only slowly. Let's hope we can keep those levels low.

The level of infection is now endemic across the country and no longer confined to certain areas making test and trace almost impossible. Even where I live, very rural, the infection rate is now at 19 per 100k.

When you say 19 per 100k in a rural area, what is the actual raw data. The reason i ask is because this per 100,000  measure we've been using can be very misleading when someone takes a first glance. If there's 10000 people that live there, which isn't very rural in my eyes, that means 2 people have caught it.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

What we need to know are the true number of Covid deaths, not the numbers of people who died whilst having Covid.

People are frightened, living in fear and numbers of actual Covid deaths need to be released.

I posted the actual definitions. The ONS figures are 52k  who have death certificates that mention covid19.  The definition explains how a doctor must fill it out according to specific rules.  There is a separate section for conditions that are unrelated to the death.  So e.g if you had covid19 and were run over by a bus that would not be recorded in the statistics.  For all 52k a Doctor has certified that covid19 was involved in the reason for the death.  

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/latest

There are strict rules about death certificates defined in section 4.1 here

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877302/guidance-for-doctors-completing-medical-certificates-of-cause-of-death-covid-19.pdf

There is an example of what you might find for a covid19  death on page 7.

Edited by Stivo
Added links
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Why does this government always seem reactionary when it comes to Coronavirus instead of being proactive? There was always going to be an increase when opening up society but the attitude seems to suggest it almost caught them off guard.

Yep, I gave them the benefit of the doubt at the start but I'm not having it now. Terrible leadership. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Why does this government always seem reactionary when it comes to Coronavirus instead of being proactive? There was always going to be an increase when opening up society but the attitude seems to suggest it almost caught them off guard.

It's so depressing. They just refuse to learn lessons and instead shift the blame from one section of society to another. The vast majority of people just what to have confidence in what the government is doing but with every mistake and U-turn it gets harder and harder. They just seem to value saving face above doing the right thing, so long as it means they don't have to own up to errors (which most of the public could accept were going to occur during this crisis) at any stage.

• Like 2

I thought the government had balanced things well after the original fvck up but if their tact is to blame a section of society (again) then I have no sympathy for the tories and it shows they are losing control a bit.

I get that the public have to be accountable too but there seems to be an element of divide and conquer, this time pitting the eldery with those dastardly young folk.

28 minutes ago, Stivo said:

I posted the actual definitions. The ONS figures are 52k  who have death certificates that mention covid19.  The definition explains how a doctor must fill it out according to specific rules.  There is a separate section for conditions that are unrelated to the death.  So e.g if you had covid19 and were run over by a bus that would not be recorded in the statistics.  For all 52k a Doctor has certified that covid19 was involved in the reason for the death.  

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/latest

There are strict rules about death certificates defined in section 4.1 here

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/877302/guidance-for-doctors-completing-medical-certificates-of-cause-of-death-covid-19.pdf

There is an example of what you might find for a covid19  death on page 7.

The annual death figures will be most interesting.

I've been all for us opening up and was starting to almost feel confident that the government seemed to at least have a plan of helping us get back to normal. Now with the stuff some MPs are coming out with, it absolutely looks like they have no plan or foresight.

I fully expected the line to be, we expected an increase and this is in line with what we expected. As said above though, it comes across as if they're shocked by it. Now whether they genuinely are surprised, or are pretending to be. Either of those answers are depressing and leave me with no confidence that they have any idea what they want to achieve.

• Like 4

I have lost all faith in this government now and i voted for them. Its the mixed messages, the u turns, constantly seemingly being caught off guard has done it for me. I mean we in parts of Leicester are still in lockdown not that you would know it. Everything seems to be like it was this time last year except for wearing masks. 

• Like 1

To be fair the younger people are probably the spreaders and not helping, myself included in that, but it's one of many causes. I'd imagine a lot of younger people live with their parents or house share with others, they are more likely to have an active social life, they are attending college/university, they have less disposible income, so are more likely to use public transport or car share with others to work and other events?

The difference in opinions in this thread is alarming, people have just had enough, at the start the majority were all for the measures, but it seems like the tide has turned as this has dragged on, which is to be expected in all fairness.

It's worrying that people can't seem to get tested at the minute, surely we can't be testing 150k+ people everyday in the UK at the minute, or is something else going on that's preventing people getting access to a test?

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Good example of this occurred this morning, Nadine Dorries on twitter saying no one said this would be finished by the end of the year. 

Yet Boris openly said finished by Christmas. 

I’m surprised that their first defence of this increase wasn’t ‘this was expected’. A calm measured statement when they released details of the relaxation on restrictions explaining the likely increase and the ultimate goal of reducing hospitalisations would have gone a long way. 

For a few weeks, we seemed to have the balance right which was partly reliant on working from home. They wanted that fcuked off - (I can suggest why but not going to make this thread overtly political again) 

The immediate accusation towards the younger population is just going to led into further ignorance of any restrictions. The admittance of errors the public can take in the circumstances as they are unique but the resistance to do this baffles me 

Agree 100% with that last paragraph. If they could hold their hands up and admit their fuch ups they would get more respect and tolerance i think. Its the constant shifting of blame so its everyone elses fault that has irked a lot of people. Just nobody knows whats what anymore and even more so since the cryptic daily conferences ended.

54 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

To be fair the younger people are probably the spreaders and not helping, myself included in that, but it's one of many causes. I'd imagine a lot of younger people live with their parents or house share with others, they are more likely to have an active social life, they are attending college/university, they have less disposible income, so are more likely to use public transport or car share with others to work and other events?

The difference in opinions in this thread is alarming, people have just had enough, at the start the majority were all for the measures, but it seems like the tide has turned as this has dragged on, which is to be expected in all fairness.

It's worrying that people can't seem to get tested at the minute, surely we can't be testing 150k+ people everyday in the UK at the minute, or is something else going on that's preventing people getting access to a test?

This is a bit confusing as they reckon there is plenty of testing capacity but they can't process the results quick enough, which seems a bit odd to announce that all of a sudden after the government being able to produce figures on a daily basis. I think the British public are being mushroomed by an inept government that are clueless when it comes to managing a country. Latest advice is for young people to use an added degree of common sense this autumn which, as i remember from my youth, was to make sure you didn't give her your last name.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

This is a bit confusing as they reckon there is plenty of testing capacity but they can't process the results quick enough, which seems a bit odd to announce that all of a sudden after the government being able to produce figures on a daily basis. I think the British public are being mushroomed by an inept government that are clueless when it comes to managing a country.

I've seen a couple of posts on here suggest that they can't get tested and then a couple of friends on FB said they weren't able to get their kids tested, but the kids can't go back to school until they've had a negative test, so they're all just stuck at home indoors. **** knows what's going onlol

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Honest question - is the UK testing infrastructure really as woeful as it is being described here?

That's not exactly great - it's not like the powers that be haven't had time to get their act together by now.

Not for me - I booked a test on the Saturday afternoon - had the test on the Sunday morning 10:30am the results came through Sunday night / Monday morning 03:30am but that wouldn't make for good printing i guess.

To add i used a Mobile test centre which was set up over the w/end 3min drive from my front door, although there were 2 other main stations set up no more than 15-20mins drive away.

Edited by BKLFox

Just now, BKLFox said:

Not for me - I booked a test on the Saturday afternoon - had the test on the Sunday morning 10:30am the results came through Sunday night / Monday morning 03:30am but that wouldn't make for good printing i guess.

Same here, booked at 9am for 11am Saturday morning received the results Sunday 4pm, test centre 20 minutes away.

• Like 2