Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Is it only me reading that as the only significant change is that you can’t meet in a park with more than six? 

Pubs and restaurants have been too; there’s a maximum of six people to a table. Households were already like that 

I guess it's just reinforcing stuff. Seems like pubs, restaurants, weddings, funerals and outdoor team sports can have 6+ and that gyms and leisure centre's are going to have to close again which will be an absolute mess. 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Is it only me reading that as the only significant change is that you can’t meet in a park with more than six? 

Pubs and restaurants have been too; there’s a maximum of six people to a table. Households were already like that 

All the pubs near me have been bookings of 6 people to a table maximum anyway. There are some strange interpretations though. I tried to book to go to the pub with my mate the other day and they rang me and said they couldn’t let us in because “as per government advice” the minimum amount of people allowed to meet was 4. I booked for 4 people and when we got there I said the other two had to cancel. They didn’t bat an eyelid. So odd. 

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I guess it's just reinforcing stuff. Seems like pubs, restaurants, weddings, funerals and outdoor team sports can have 6+ and that gyms and leisure centre's are going to have to close again which will be an absolute mess. 

You go to the gym on your own or in groups of two normally though I’d imagine so that wouldn’t be breaking any rules as I understand them at the minute. 

Gyms and sportsparks closing again would be ridiculous. They have put so much effort into getting them ready for easing of restrictions and are far easier to patrol than pubs and restaurants.

I'm sure a rise in infections is from things like house parties and illegal raves which are well over the 30 people limit anyway. Of course, the sensible ones are the first to lose out.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Gyms and sportsparks closing again would be ridiculous. They have put so much effort into getting them ready for easing of restrictions and are far easier to patrol than pubs and restaurants.

I'm sure a rise in infections is from things like house parties and illegal raves which are well over the 30 people limit anyway. Of course, the sensible ones are the first to lose out.

Exactly, as someone who works in a gym it would make absolutely zero sense in shutting them again. Would really **** me financially if they did.

My gym is absolutely spotless and we haven’t even got to 50% capacity at any one time. Everyone wears masks and cleans  there equipment after use so its perfectly safe.

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm sure the mainstream media will be equally balanced with their headlines haha

They actually need to be super careful with reporting this because what they say here could easily determine public willingness to have the vaccine if it turns out to be just a blip and it ends up being approved.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

They actually need to be super careful with reporting this because what they say here could easily determine public willingness to have the vaccine if it turns out to be just a blip and it ends up being approved.

Well we can always trust the media to do the right thing

11 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Are you back in the UK now? I got the impression earlier that you were abroad somewhere.

Was in the process of coming back for some time off, but think I'll keep working while I've still got a job!

Edited by simFox
  • Like 1