Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

48 minutes ago, Fktf said:

We won't manage either of these things, like you say. 

There's also a problem that some people won't be able to take the vaccine because of medical reasons.

And when you add to that people exercising their right not to take the vaccine, we could be in a position where the vaccine isn't going to prevent further lockdowns because not enough people have had it.

Was reading that this problem seems to have been solved by using antibodies that act like natural human antibodies.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-volunteer-first-in-the-world-to-trial-coronavirus-antibody-treatment-12137777

45 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Fever and cough. Actually died off today at the same time as getting a negative test result through (phew) part of me thinks my body was reacting based on my head rather than actual illness 😂

That’s good news then at least it’s dying down for you.  

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There was me thinking we didn’t have approx 10 to 15 vaccines until the age of 16. Throw in a vaccine if you want to visit certain countries. 

It’s been a part of modern life and modern travelling for a considerable period now. 

This. We've all had vaccines. Some countries you need them to visit. 

What's the issue. If you don't want one, then don't have it but don't then complain about a lack of social distancing and the possibility of contracting covid.

Anti vaxxers are a special breed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harrydc said:

The day they stop us from leaving the house without being injected is the day freedom is dead. Increadbly sad times.

You do enjoy twisting things don't you? Or are you being purposefully flippant?

Assume you're against quarantine for being infected too, as why should you lose your freedom?

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

Perhaps those who require hospital treatment for covid after refusing a vaccine could be charged for their care .... or does that open up a can of worms re hospitalisation for anything as a consequence of smoking, over eating, drugs, dangerous pursuits  .......

as far as people refusing the vaccine are concerned, I suspect that as long as we have 60/65% uptake, we will manage the demand in the system that is created by the people who refuse it. It would be better to pretty well eradicate the virus from general circulation to take the pressure of those who may need to be boosted but I think the chunk of society who will refuse to take it will mean that we don’t. I wonder if other countries will take a dim view of those who have refused and won’t allow them in on holiday? 

I would say the problem here comes where the vulnerable refuse a vaccine - 

Edited by st albans fox

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

they are combining vaccines and nano technology and they are not exactly making the public aware of it, that's the problem for me.

Where did you hear about this?

Guest Harrydc
Just now, Fktf said:

Where did you hear about this?

Boris Johnson spoke at the United Nations only last year 'pre Covid' stating were going to be using this. Very worrying imo. 

20 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

they are combining vaccines and nano technology and they are not exactly making the public aware of it, that's the problem for me.

Exclusively in the province of trial and research - and such research is fully transparent. published and not in the slightest bit secretive. These advances if successful would be a revelation in the monitoring and control of the spread of emerging infectious diseases and the field of biosensors. In respect of vaccines, the technology that you refer to concerns nano particles - which is essentially what a virus is - and so consequently engineering particulate to replicate the virus's properties and behaviour to then be administered via vaccine. 

"Nano" appears to be the new conspiratorial buzzword and is as misunderstood and wrongly appropriated as 'quantum' woo. The prefix "nano" means one-billionth, or 10-9; therefore one nanometer is one-billionth of a meter. It's simply a measurement of size, yet in some it inspires an irrational fear of swarms of 'smart dust' and nano-bots' nefariously released by the New World Order to control, track and trace citizens, fry them through 5G, transhumanise or depopulate humanity. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Boris Johnson spoke at the United Nations only last year 'pre Covid' stating were going to be using this. Very worrying imo. 

Fortunately the life sciences and medical biotechnology aren't about or in any way related to the "opinion" of a member of a provincial football forum. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Exclusively in the province of trial and research - and such research is fully transparent. published and not in the slightest bit secretive. These advances if successful would be a revelation in the monitoring and control of the spread of emerging infectious diseases and the field of biosensors. In respect of vaccines, the technology that you refer to concerns nano particles - which is essentially what a virus is - and so consequently engineering particulate to replicate the virus's properties and behaviour to then be administered via vaccine. 

"Nano" appears to be the new conspiratorial buzzword and is as misunderstood and wrongly appropriated as 'quantum' woo. The prefix "nano" means one-billionth, or 10-9; therefore one nanometer is one-billionth of a meter. It's simply a measurement of size, yet in some it inspires an irrational fear of swarms of 'smart dust' and nano-bots' nefariously released by the New World Order to control, track and trace citizens, fry them through 5G, transhumanise or depopulate humanity. 

now your being stupid, track and trace would be enough.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

now your being stupid, track and trace would be enough.

I'm simply commenting upon the irrational fears that underpin this and populate social media. 

None of this is designed to 'track and trace' individuals - that can be easily achieved through your smartphone. 

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

as a thought if they could track and trace everyone on the planet, I think crime would plummet immediately

They are pretty much on the way to that here in the UK - number plate recognition, cctv, facial recognition software, mobile phone triangulating...

I haven't seen any figures suggesting the crime rate has dropped though.

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I'm simply commenting upon the irrational fears that underpin this and populate social media. 

None of this is designed to 'track and trace' individuals - that can be easily achieved through your smartphone. 

to a certain extent yes but I think this is a bit more complex if its in your blood stream

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

to a certain extent yes but I think this is a bit more complex if its in your blood stream

We are talking about emergent research into nanoparticle-based assays which as an upcoming approach, provides ultra-high sensitivity and specificity in biomarker detection. Such biosensors may incorporate a transducer with a sensitive biological recognition component, which allows selective detection of a broad range of analytes.

In the case of vaccines, the development of engineered biological nano particles that mimic the properties and behaviour of a virus. You seem to be quite confused. None of this is related to tracking an individual. I suggest that you carefully read the article that you posted from the Cambridge 'Varsity' again. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Line-X said:

We are talking about emergent research into nanoparticle-based assays which as an upcoming approach, provides ultra-high sensitivity and specificity in biomarker detection. In the case of vaccines, the development of engineered biological nano particles that mimic the properties and behaviour of a virus. You seem to be quite confused. None of this is related to tracking an individual. I suggest that you carefully read the article that you posted from the Cambridge 'Varsity' again. 

I think some folk spend too much time reading the “American” theories and think the government are plotting to control us all with little teeny tiny robots piloted by shrunken down clones of Boris! 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I posted earlier about having a constructive discussion on here where some posters could explain to others why the vaccine is safe to take ....... I’ve changed my mind .....I didn’t realise there were as many lizards running the country as there clearly are ......

Lets be honest it'll probably be safe for 99.99% of people, but I can see why there are fears that it may have been rushed through.

53 minutes ago, Line-X said:

We are talking about emergent research into nanoparticle-based assays which as an upcoming approach, provides ultra-high sensitivity and specificity in biomarker detection. Such biosensors may incorporate a transducer with a sensitive biological recognition component, which allows selective detection of a broad range of analytes.

In the case of vaccines, the development of engineered biological nano particles that mimic the properties and behaviour of a virus. You seem to be quite confused. None of this is related to tracking an individual. I suggest that you carefully read the article that you posted from the Cambridge 'Varsity' again. 

Biomarkers in general is such a fascinating area, and something that will continue to grow. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, I am Rod Hull said:

How do you remove them from society?

There`s also the problem of vaccinating the hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants in the country, how do we get them to come forward without the threat of deportation?

The way to get them to come forward is actually to do completely the opposite and to offer them an amnesty.

The main problem is the logistics of vaccinating enough people safely and efficiently in a short period of time. This includes physical distribution of the vaccines, something that will be quite challenging with the Pfizer one due to the extremely cold temperatures at which it need to be stored. Training enough people to properly administer the vaccine, I'm happy to have it but would rather not have it from someone who didn't know what they were doing, and the length of time it takes for the vaccine to become fully effective.

On top of that are the unknown issues in regards to how long  it remains effective and whether or not it stops the spread of the virus or just prevents illness. Whatever the case it is nothing but good news. Of course there have been anti-vaccination campaings going back to the Victorian and Edwardian times but most have been proven to be false. The eradication of small pox through vaccination remains one of the world's greates scientific achievements and up until covid the world was also doing a pretty decent job at eradicating polio, again through vaccination.

As others have pointed out countries around the world have required vaccination certificates should you wish to visit them and I would certainly make that a requirement for anyone wanting to travel in and out of this country, certainly until far better treatments are available. How much further you go is open to question but I would definitely make it compulsory for anyone wanting to work in the health service or social services subject of course to any potential medical reasons where it was not possible for someone to be vaccinated.

• Like 1