Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

42 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lets be honest it'll probably be safe for 99.99% of people, but I can see why there are fears that it may have been rushed through.

Seriously? Scientists have been telling us for a long time that vaccines take many years to develop, now we have one that has been developed and tested within months. Whether it’s a fantastic achievement or not, people will question its validity, they’d be stupid not to and it’s like many things, people will initially err on the side of caution. I personally think we should give it to all the murders and peadophiles in prison, leave it a month and if none of them die, everyone else gets it.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Seriously? Scientists have been telling us for a long time that vaccines take many years to develop, now we have one that has been developed and tested within months. Whether it’s a fantastic achievement or not, people will question its validity, they’d be stupid not to and it’s like many things, people will initially err on the side of caution. I personally think we should give it to all the murders and peadophiles in prison, leave it a month and if none of them die, everyone else gets it.

Doesn't it usually take years because of funding and there not being an urgency (obviously there's an urgency, but not on this scale) to get the vaccine onto the market. I wouldn't be wanting to take it on day 1 (not that I'll be able too), but for it to even get to this point it's gotta be pretty safe.

I'd be more interested in any long term side effects than short term ones.

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

It sounds like the same sort of thing people with diabetes use to monitor blood sugar. Imagine being able to detect cancer via nano particles, rather than having to wait for symptoms to appear. We've also been using bio sensors like this for years with things like pregnancy tests. If it could be applied to deadly diseases, I can't see the problem :dunno:

21 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Doesn't it usually take years because of funding and there not being an urgency (obviously there's an urgency, but not on this scale) to get the vaccine onto the market. I wouldn't be wanting to take it on day 1 (not that I'll be able too), but for it to even get to this point it's gotta be pretty safe.

I'd be more interested in any long term side effects than short term ones.

It doesn’t matter the reason,  what matters is what we’ve been told previously and what we’re being told now.don’t get me wrong, I’d be first in the queue given the chance but I’m just laying down an argument as to why many people will be apprehensive.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I personally think we should give it to all the murders and peadophiles in prison, leave it a month and if none of them die, everyone else gets it.

You're aware this process is carried out with volunteers right?

30 - 50,000 people are being tested from as many ethnicities as possible.  

They're closely monitored for months for any reaction, with everything  recorded. 

You've stated you aren't happy with how it's being tested and brought through, then suggested basically an identical system? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

How ridiculous. I was trying to form a counter argument but I can't think of anything constructive to say about/against that statement other than it's so immature and pointless.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Haha

This must be the article that my sister was talking about when we were arguing about the situation in the UK today. I was getting “but according to the Daily Mail....”.

They have completely ignored that the UK has been under restrictions of some sort for some time now, first the tiered ones and more recently the general partial lockdown. These measures were precisely to head off the worst aspects of the forecasted second wave.

I am no great lover of Boris and his troupe, but if his aim was simply to avoid hospitals being overrun, I’d say the measures taken have been more or less working. The tiered system might even have been sufficient.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Fktf said:

It sounds like the same sort of thing people with diabetes use to monitor blood sugar. Imagine being able to detect cancer via nano particles, rather than having to wait for symptoms to appear. We've also been using bio sensors like this for years with things like pregnancy tests. If it could be applied to deadly diseases, I can't see the problem :dunno:

well imo someone has created the virus to be able to push the vaccine out to the global population, and we are having to suffer with lockdowns because of it how else would they do it. of course its just pure speculation on my part I'm probably just turning bat shit crazy lol 

all good fun anyway don't take me to seriously.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

well imo someone has created the virus to be able to push the vaccine out to the global population, and we are having to suffer with lockdowns because of it how else would they do it. of course its just pure speculation on my part I'm probably just turning bat shit crazy lol 

Nah mate, all the big pension firms realised they were going to go bust as we live longer and longer, so they all got together and paid for a designer virus that would kill off the over 70s.

This vaccine stuff was really going to get in the way, until some insider trading meant the pension firms could buy stocks in the pharma companies before they announced a successful vaccine, and so before the share prices rocketed upward. 

Just now, Fktf said:

Nah mate, all the big pension firms realised they were going to go bust as we live longer and longer, so they all got together and paid for a designer virus that would kill off the over 70s.

This vaccine stuff was really going to get in the way, until some insider trading meant the pension firms could buy stocks in the pharma companies before they announced a successful vaccine, and so before the share prices rocketed upward. 

plenty of speculation who knows >!>!

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Sun reader alert

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Some people watch way too many government briefings.

😂 take the vaccine don’t take the vaccine, go outside don’t go outside, stand up for incompetent cabinet member don’t stand up for cabinet members, shag Preti Patel..... oh shit I’ve got another kid.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Others have commented on testing and the amount of resources that have been put forward but the other key thing is there has been years of research into this vaccine. This pandemic was predictable.  There have been years of research and development into influenza virus, haemorrhagic viruses like ebola, corona viruses ect .  Vaccines have been tried and tested and have been waiting for the exact virus and then it has been all systems go.

Spoiler alert there will be another potential pandemic virus in the next 10 years. It may or may not take off, look at sars, mers, swine flu. But vaccines are there and ready for them, they just need the last bit, the exact make up of the specific virus and we can't get that until it emerges.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, pleatout said:

Others have commented on testing and the amount of resources that have been put forward but the other key thing is there has been years of research into this vaccine. This pandemic was predictable.  There have been years of research and development into influenza virus, haemorrhagic viruses like ebola, corona viruses ect .  Vaccines have been tried and tested and have been waiting for the exact virus and then it has been all systems go.

Spoiler alert there will be another potential pandemic virus in the next 10 years. It may or may not take off, look at sars, mers, swine flu. But vaccines are there and ready for them, they just need the last bit, the exact make up of the specific virus and we can't get that until it emerges.

And that’s exactly it, it’s been all systems go with the scientific community around the world mostly I suspect, working together.

Reminds me of something I heard a while back about the making of the original Toy Story film...

“Each individual frame could take from 45 minutes to 30 hours to render, depending on how complex. There were a total of 114,240 frames to render.”

They had 117 computers working 24 hours a day. We’ve had the best in the world working around the clock to get this vaccine safe and ready. As you’ve mentioned too, it was almost ready anyway. Wasn’t the Oxford vaccine originally for Ebola but later shelved?

Edited by Trumpet

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

They said it COULD take years. Until they start the development and the testing they simply don’t know. 

At no point did anyone state it wouldn’t happen for years.

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They literally said this was the plan before we entered the lockdown?

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Shut all the schools , colleges and unis down from December until the new year see if tht helps. 2 schools close to me have been shut last week due to not having enough teachers due to isolating and a couple kids catching it 

So you mean school holidays? 

Just now, Md9 said:

From the start of December school holidays are not for a few weeks after that 🙂

Univeristies will be shut to students from the 9th at the latest. Several schools and colleges have also hit the news for doing the same. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Mainstream media leaking it all again. Been the standard since lockdown all started back in March. Thought the government wanted to get a hold on this?? 

Tired of it all now tbh. Sick of the Gov. leaking huge announcements to the media days before officially announcing it.