Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

30 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Odd that the opening of pubs and hospitality doesn't figure in or impact upon your "statement"? 

You've lost me?

EDIT: Sat here for 5 minutes trying to work out what you mean but I'm at a loss. My point was Covid will spread enough in those areas alone, so we'll continue to be in the same position for a while. I wasn't arguing for or against opening pubs or the hospitality, before you start on a tirade...

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

34 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

You mean you haven't shown her all your unscientific cherry picked stats and desperately biased YouTube videos made by knitting scientists that confirm it's all a load of nonsense that we don't need to be worried about? Surely if she listens to you she has absolutely nothing to be scared of?

nope her brain is mapped to believe everything the media say a bit like yourself.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

nope her brain is mapped to believe everything the media say a bit like yourself.

Who mapped it for her, the Deep State? When you say media, do you not include the formats you believe then? Are all 'media' to be disbelieved? Or just the ones you choose not to take any notice of? 

And lol at I believe everything I read in the media, you have absolutely no justification for that comment, it is pure assumption on your part 

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Who mapped it for her, the Deep State? When you say media, do you not include the formats you believe then? Are all 'media' to be disbelieved? Or just the ones you choose not to take any notice of? 

And lol at I believe everything I read in the media, you have absolutely no justification for that comment, it is pure assumption on your part 

Whatever, boring.

Guest Harrydc

I agree with the scaremongering. Literally says on BBC :

Deaths within 28 days of a positive test for ANY REASON.

No one knows the true figures for dying OF Covid, or if this winter the deaths are on similar levels to previous years, as hospitals are always overwhelmed every winter. 

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Whatever, boring.

Oh come on, you can't make the statement that your mother's brain has been 'mapped' but then not go on to explain by whom? And then assert that the 'media' are not to be believed, after you've posted so much 'media' on here to try to back up your so called facts? 

You people would be taken so much more seriously if you could actually back up your statements, rather than posting complete nonsense, followed up when you are called up on it with drivel like 'whatever, boring' lol

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Oh come on, you can't make the statement that your mother's brain has been 'mapped' but then not go on to explain by whom? And then assert that the 'media' are not to be believed, after you've posted so much 'media' on here to try to back up your so called facts? 

You people would be taken so much more seriously if you could actually back up your statements, rather than posting complete nonsense, followed up when you are called up on it with drivel like 'whatever, boring' lol

:frusty:

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Nice well thought out intelligent response. Really not sure why expected anything else, tbh. 

the last time I tried replying with actual scientific study you thrown back a load of newspaper links which where full of fluff and no actual data to backup anything, just put me on ignore for both our sakes, your talking rubbish. cheers.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

the last time I tried replying with actual scientific study you thrown back a load of newspaper links which where full of fluff and no actual data to backup anything, just put me on ignore for both our sakes, your talking rubbish. cheers.

You will have to remind me, I really don't remember you ever posting any 'actual scientific study' Oh and you mean 'you're'. cheers.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

No one knows the true figures for dying OF Covid, or if this winter the deaths are on similar levels to previous years, as hospitals are always overwhelmed every winter. 

You can pretty much tell when all other days have been reduced compared to previous years

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Remember when you replied to quite a thought out argument by myself with the laughing emoji and said you "couldn't be bothered to waste your time" replying? This is all a bit glasshouses now, isn't it?

Well, no, not really. From what I remember you didn't post a 'well thought out argument', just a load of moaning points about what the Government have done wrong, in your opinion. Possibly not wrong, but hardly a well thought out argument :blink:

This bloke literally expects us all to believe that his mother's brain has been mapped lol

• Haha 1

On 31/10/2020 at 21:10, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

• Failure to prepare for the looming pandemic in January and February
  • Failure to lock down fast enough
  • Failure to provide protective equipment for health workers
  • Failure to protect care homes
  • Failure to deliver an efficient test and trace system which he's slung an unqualified mate in charge of. A system the fate of the nation supposedly hinges on
  • Failure to devise a plausible alternative to A-levels
  • Failure to use the summer lull to prepare for the imminent second wave
  • Rewarding cronies with cabinet jobs, peerages and untendered contracts
  • Scapegoating scientific advisors
  • U-turn after u-turn after ****ing u-turn
  • Encouraged remote workers to return unnecessarily so commercial landlords had some moolah in their collective pocket

I'm going to leave this thread now because not only has typing that out made me unfeasibly annoyed at myself that I'm even biting at someone that this will clearly wash over – I'm also just incredibly sad the your first point of finger pointing is the public that by and large are doing their utmost to adhere to the rules under the catastrophic reign of this selfish, incompetent ****.

Never forget.

Literal facts 'possibly not wrong' lollol 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MonmoreStef said:

My family have decided the big day itself is happening. There’s normally just over 20 of us from about 7/8 houses if you count the kids who live with their other parent.  I hate the day myself, being a miserable sort who just wants to talk sport and gambling and instead the young kids take centre stage which bores me 😆. I’m holding out hope that I pick up a mild cough or cold on Xmas eve and will use the Covid as an excuse to send the Wife as our sole representative. I’ll be happy watching Netflix in peace. If it’s illegal come the day they will still be doing it. Some will think it’s madness and selfish of them but surely thee will be millions who will be the same and do what they normally do.

Probably true - let's hope they don't start to clog up the NHS with Covid cases again leading to other medical issues being forgotten about or everyone having to shut down/shield. 

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

Whilst I appreciate the point that the 500 deaths today may not all be due directly to Covid-19 and that therefore the figure may appear to be artificially inflated as a result of the way it's obtained, that figure could perhaps still be fairly accurate as a result of the deaths of other people who didn't test positive in the last 28 days, but who died as an indirect consequence of the virus, through suicide or through their NHS treatment being delayed by a reluctance to seek medical help quickly enough, or because the service itself might currently be struggling to cope in some of the worst hit areas of the country.    

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

You will have to remind me, I really don't remember you ever posting any 'actual scientific study' Oh and you mean 'you're'. cheers.

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol typical. no thanks got better things to do

Pardon me for weighing in on this discussion, but Hitchens had it right: "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence".

As has been said on here before already, if there was any scientists who had legit proof that something wasn't being as it is said, then there would be peer-reviewed papers, not just YouTube videos, detailing such. There don't seem to be any.

4 hours ago, Harrydc said:

Is there any reason to think anything other than that the vast majority of deaths within 28 days of a positive test are Covid-related deaths, or is this another red herring to play down the awful figures that we are seeing every day at the moment?