Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

It's abundantly clear they couldn't give a fvck at this point.

In itself that's cause for optimism in a fvcked up sort of a way.

They know it'll have somewhat blown over by May as summer approaches and vaccines take hold and they know they'll remain in power anyway. Why bother?

• Like 2

The fact we have lockdown that isn't lockdown really bugs the fúck out of me. Lock down but you can go out and exercise everyday for 60 minutes, why?? All that does is gives people time to go and meet others, if you're going to impose lockdown put in a lockdown and do it properly (I know policing it would be impossible but still). 

I know this won't be a popular opinion but hey ho.

Also, why are we prioritising the elderly when we should be prioritising the NHS staff, teachers and students, those that could potentially spread the virus quicker. 

I'd like to see vaccine centres (just like testing centres) where anyone can drive in show ID and get the Vaccine, they have 80 million doses to get out why can't we have 80 centres set up and issue it as a drive through. Book the jab the same way you book a test and we start getting somewhere. 

1 minute ago, browniefox said:

The fact we have lockdown that isn't lockdown really bugs the fúck out of me. Lock down but you can go out and exercise everyday for 60 minutes, why?? All that does is gives people time to go and meet others, if you're going to impose lockdown put in a lockdown and do it properly (I know policing it would be impossible but still). 

I know this won't be a popular opinion but hey ho.

Also, why are we prioritising the elderly when we should be prioritising the NHS staff, teachers and students, those that could potentially spread the virus quicker. 

I'd like to see vaccine centres (just like testing centres) where anyone can drive in show ID and get the Vaccine, they have 80 million doses to get out why can't we have 80 centres set up and issue it as a drive through. Book the jab the same way you book a test and we start getting somewhere. 

I thought NHS staff were on the priority lists?! 

12 minutes ago, bovril said:

She's probably the best mainstream politician in the UK.

SNP aren't really my cuppa either but unfortunately the current government are making an independence vote extremely likely.

I might even unilaterally declare independence for the People's Republic of East Anglia. 

She might not fall under the term "Mainstream" but my favourite current MP is Mhairi Black. 

Everything a politician should be. Passionate, intelligent and a little rough and ready which makes her the perfect representative for her constituents in Paisley. 

If you've got a spare minute, I recommend checking out some of her addresses to parliment. Such a likeable young girl. 

All that grandstanding, all that "schools are safe" tripe, all the stress and confusion then you shut them anyway.

Bunch of ****ing clowns. As soon as areas of the country were moving into Tier 4 two weeks ago, we should've been in lockdown. Try and get ahead of the game. But no, "let's wait and see" won again and two weeks of wasted time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

All that grandstanding, all that "schools are safe" tripe, all the stress and confusion then you shut them anyway.

Bunch of ****ing clowns. As soon as areas of the country were moving into Tier 4 two weeks ago, we should've been in lockdown. Try and get ahead of the game. But no, "let's wait and see" won again and two weeks of wasted time.

In all fairness, schools have been closed in that time. However a bit of notice wouldn’t go amiss, I’m not sure how I’m supposed to go to work and look after my kids.

• Like 1

Just to clarify it's on at 8 because it's one of his weird sitting behind the desk talking to camera, pre recorded bits.... rather than a press conference.

So thankfully it'll be on time, fairly brief and we wont have to hear journalists not ask him any questions of note lol 

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yup.  Spend years listening to people talk about how they're happy to take economic damage for the victory of exerting more control.  But as soon as we need to demonstrate that control at the borders the economic impact would apparently be too great.

Or in short:
Brexit:  WE NEED MORE CONTROL AND WE NEED IT NOW

Covid: Ok yeah that actually seems like a good idea right now.

Brexit:

EbMzuFMWoAE1Wrd.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This has to be the last lockdown surely, in its strictest form? It's not sustainable to have to close and open everything over and over again. I'm lucky that so far my life has been inconvenienced, rather than affected by lockdowns but even I've had enough of it. Lack of preparation from the government and/or NHS bosses for this period has been astonishing. 

I have sympathy in the sense that handling a country like ours through a pandemic is not easy, you have people shouting at you whatever you do. But continuously delaying the inevitable is pissing everybody off. I don't really put this down to a labour or conservative situation, it's just that Boris Johnson is a ****ing idiot, and is not someone needed in a crisis. I'll hold my hands up, I voted conservative in the last election, not necessarily for Boris but because I felt the referendum result should stand in some form and it was the only real option. Short sighted yes, but unfortunately a pandemic has but whilst Boris is in charge. 

Table service in pubs felt ridiculous, but it's going to feel like a ****ing luxury lol

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

In all fairness, schools have been closed in that time. However a bit of notice wouldn’t go amiss, I’m not sure how I’m supposed to go to work and look after my kids.

That's my point, it was clear we were going to lockdown at some point so why not announce the schools wouldn't reopen in the middle of last week to give you and others the chance to make arrangements where possible instead of starting the new term and on the first evening throwing even more chaos your way?

• Like 1