Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

They should be high up the list as well. Anyone working in environments where they deal heavily with the public should be catered for early.

So NHS staff, Teachers,supermarket workers, Bin men, The elderly, vulnerable people? I'm sure there's others you could make a case for, that's a lot of people to be at the top of the list.

Edited by Webbo

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Do you honestly believe people outside of the at-risk groups will willingly take the vaccine?  Particularly when they've managed to make a mess of the dosage message within the first two weeks.

I will. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So NHS staff, Teachers,supermarket workers, Bin men, The elderly, vulnerable people? I'm sure there's others you could make a case for, that's a lot of people to be at the top of the list.

Supermarket workers and bin men aren't on the level of NHS staff and teachers. Bin men work outside and wear PPE, and supermarket workers dont tend to spend 15+ mins in the proximity of any one person.

Edited by ealingfox

5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Do you honestly believe people outside of the at-risk groups will willingly take the vaccine?  Particularly when they've managed to make a mess of the dosage message within the first two weeks.

I think they will but it will be many months away yet and by then we will have so many vaccinating volunteers you will be able to get it along wiht your home grocery delivery. Yes I can see the note now. Sorry you have one substitution this week. Product you ordered, 3 Astrazeneca vaccines, product suppiled 2 Sputnik 5 vaccines and one bag of coriander.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well that’s interesting - the missus has it. It’s inconceivable she didn’t have it in in March so if you had it before don’t assume you can’t  get it again.  

There was plenty of Flu around in March to be fair.  I will Ill for a few days with something weird in Feb.

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Supermarket workers and bin men aren't on the level of NHS staff and teachers. Bin men work outside and wear PPE, and supermarket workers dont tend to spend 15+ mins in the proximity of any one person.

No they have hundreds of people passing by them a day, having to touch hundreds of items touched by others. Teachers work with children who aren't affected by corona virus.

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

I find it hard to see how everyone is getting it at the rate they are as the majority are wearing masks etc

Household mixing, mask is mostly protecting others so you only need to have one **** not wearing it in a supermarket to spread it. It's also just this infectious.

17 minutes ago, Webbo said:

No they have hundreds of people passing by them a day, having to touch hundreds of items touched by others. Teachers work with children who aren't affected by corona virus.

Just because they don't show symptoms as much doesn't mean they aren't capable of transmission. 

Simple question to anyone in the forum - I spent all of September to December spending upwards of 5 hours a day in a room with at least 20+, none of whom wore masks, with at least some of them within 1 metre of me. 

Would anyone have traded their work situation with me? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Just because they don't show symptoms as much doesn't mean they aren't capable of transmission. 

Simple question to anyone in the forum - I spent all of September to December spending upwards of 5 hours a day in a room with at least 20+, none of whom wore masks, with at least some of them within 1 metre of me. 

I've worked in a covid icu since Feb and I wouldnt trade for that shit. Why arent they wearing masks??

Edited by z-layrex

4 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

What do you think supermarket staff do? They didn't even have any PPE until around September. 

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What do you think supermarket staff do? They didn't even have any PPE until around September. 

Every supermarket I have been to round my area (Tesco, Aldi, M&S) - all till staff have a plastic barrier in front of them. That's been in place since April.

They also all wear masks. If they've been stocking shelves, I've seen them tape off an aisle. They also have people at the entrance checking numbers and offering hand sanitiser, which the vast majority use.

May I ask what industry you work in?

Few things to address that i've seen on here.

People think these tiers are a lockdown? No, not at all.

They're restrictions that make life hard, but they're in no way a lockdown in any shape or form.

Even the last lockdown, wasn't actually infact a lockdown. It was a pathetic set of restrictions named under a lockdown.

Doesn't surprise me that these comments come from office workers who can work from home.

I don't want a lockdown, I don't agree with them, I question whether they actually work, but the tier system certainly doesn't work, I'm at a stage where we either have a strict lockdown, under no uncertain terms, or we do nothing because under these tiers or the 'lockdown' we had before Christmas are pointless and not working, both the government and certain members of public not taking responsibility for themselves are to blame for that.

As for kids going back to school and please correct me if I say anything out of turn, but they've had 2? 2.5 weeks off? Shouldn't have been going anywhere, shouldn't have been mixing (Apart from Christmas day) - off course they were though, but even if schools were closed down, the little darlings will still be mixing, going round each others houses, playing out in their little groups and gangs - if anything they'll be mixing more than if they were actually in school - I understand schools being closed protects teachers and staff but if anything I see schools being closed potentially spreading it worse.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4