Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

At what point can it be decided, if at all, that Johnson and his government just can't get it right any more and someone else can make the decisions :(

It's gone past the point where the excuse last year was 'its difficult for him as no-one knows what the virus is like and anyone would struggle' blah blah. 

He's had plenty of time to get something right to start to get it under control but he constantly delays and fvcks it up, making it worse in the long run. He's so far out of his depth it's ridiculous. 

I need to get into politics because it seems the most bullet proof job on the planet. 

• Like 1

The lamest part about lockdown is the fact i'll still be going work and won't be living the furlough bum life like I could back in April lol 

It feels to me that about 80% of the people who were furloughed in April haven't been furloughed since. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

So we're locking down again and destroying more livelihoods while there are still no checks on people entering the country, no efforts to enforce quarantine and track and trace still seemingly ineffective. 

Total joke. 

This. I just don't get it. 

Please someone explain why no one coming into the country is being tested?

7 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I applaud my kids school for making the decision.

Since her school reopened, they have never had all the pupils there due to 'bubble' having to isolate.

I just feel for those parents now having to make last minute childcare decisions. I am fortunate that I can work from home. Others not so much.

To be honest they had 1 bubble just before Xmas and 1 before the previous half term but did seem to have people off with something towards the end of term for Xmas. 

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Could do with knowing if my 4 year olds nursery will be open tomorrow before 8pm tonight to be honest :rolleyes: 

I wonder if it will be one of those where they say 8pm and everyone is primed and then 8.15, then 8.25, then 8.45 and eventually Boris emerges at 9.10pm still with a skew-wiff tie and looking like he hasn't washed his hair in a week and the whole thing has been foisted upon him at the last minute.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ollie93 said:

This. I just don't get it. 

Please someone explain why no one coming into the country is being tested?

Because the people making decisions are massively out of their depth and don't give a shit.

It's the same reason football teams get relegated, incompetence and disinterest. Crap managers and crap players who don't care.

People seem to assume that our rulers are either good or evil, when sometimes they are just totally clueless. And they know that the opposition is still weak and vast swathes of the country will still vote them into power. 

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

What ever he is going to say today surely could have been said and done yesterday instead of messing around 

But that would be the normal and sensible thing to do wouldnt it? To see the clear and obvious signs and act on them. But can anybody really be THAT surprised he's doing it last minute. The man is the epitome of last minute. You just know for a fact he was the sort of lad to do his homework the night before or revise for an exam/important test last minute. He's just doing what he's always done which is leave things last minute until you got no choice but to sort it. 

Whats more annoying is we're going to have to put up with this Tory government for another 3 years or however long. And when Bozza eventually gets backstabbed and kicked out the next lot of snakes wont be much better i fear although surely more competent. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Because the people making decisions are massively out of their depth and don't give a shit.

It's the same reason football teams get relegated, incompetence and disinterest. Crap managers and crap players who don't care.

People seem to assume that our rulers are either good or evil, when sometimes they are just totally clueless. And they know that the opposition is still weak and vast swathes of the country will still vote them into power. 

Agreed.

I just don't understand. I think it's the hardest thing any PM has encountered for a while, and at the beginning I had sympathy. But 9 months later, and still not being able to make your mind up is baffling.

12 minutes ago, Christoph said:

The lamest part about lockdown is the fact i'll still be going work and won't be living the furlough bum life like I could back in April lol 

It feels to me that about 80% of the people who were furloughed in April haven't been furloughed since. 

you enjoyed being on furlough and not working and disappointed you won't be on furlough again? good grief 

20 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Starmer in shock, token statement about schools to get in early for the 'I told you so's' but mainly to curry some favour with the Unions. Exactly the leader labour needed; with his major flaw being lack of genuine left-wing, union-centric credentials. This is an absolute gift for him.

IMHO the schools would all be shut if Boris had ever been allowed to believe it was his idea. As soon as he was being lobbied/bullied/advised (whatever) by the Union leaders (lets remember this is a very majority Tory gov) then be doesn't want to appear to be cowed.

Party politics eh?

Boris now acting having seen Sturgeon do something and realised that soundbites and shrugging of shoulders is being shown up by blo ody Nicola Sturgeon! Imagine our surprise that he now takes some action; and is presumably doing to Sturgeon's speech exactly what we all did to each other essay's in my days in education - how similar can we get away with it?

To be fair, Sturgeon announced school closures before the end of last term. My boy has already had his work delivered to him. All she done today was extent it from the 18th till the end of the month as far as schools go.