Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Just now, Corky said:

That's my point, it was clear we were going to lockdown at some point so why not announce the schools wouldn't reopen in the middle of last week to give you and others the chance to make arrangements where possible instead of starting the new term and on the first evening throwing even more chaos your way?

If there had been more decisive and made the right timely decisions, schools could have also concentrated their efforts on getting set up for remote teaching, rather than preparing to set up as mass testing sites. It's back to the same point that he's just reacting to what's happening rather than using the experts surrounding him to anticipate what is going to happen and lead us through it. At least he finally reversed the 5 day Christmas plans, otherwise goodness knows where we would be right now.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

There may be a really simple explanation for this but is there an argument that we should be shielding the vulnerable whilst vaccinating everyone else first and hopefully reducing community transmission? 

Pretty sure this has been suggested as an idea but never entertained. 

1 minute ago, Charl91 said:

I presume that we're going to have key worker children back in school, and also teach online lessons to the children at home.

And how the fvck is that supposed to be organised in the space of a few hours?

:mad:

I imagine any measures wouldn't come into effect until Wednesday as they will need tomorrow to debate and vote on it in parliament, but even so its a very difficult situation for anyone who will be juggling work and childcare. 

1 hour ago, bovril said:

So we're locking down again and destroying more livelihoods while there are still no checks on people entering the country, no efforts to enforce quarantine and track and trace still seemingly ineffective. 

Total joke. 

I've got far more chance of catching it if I return to the UK than you have of me bringing it with me, and that probably goes for many countries at the moment. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

There may be a really simple explanation for this but is there an argument that we should be shielding the vulnerable whilst vaccinating everyone else first and hopefully reducing community transmission? 

I imagine that they have considered this, but that the numbers are probably too large to get to the point that it works.
 If most people in hospital are over 70 then targeting them first reduces the pressure on the nhs faster than your alternative  would.  That’s my guess anyway.

4 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

Wonder what the rules will be on couples seeing each other than don't live in the same household? Last lockdown they weren't allowed to see each other, right?

Nope :(

I hope there's a rule that you can meet one other person from a different household... 

Whats difficult through Europe....Governments deciding

After a year...of total Lack of descision making

# absolute No People movement over borders...( Except Local regional Short Crossings for Essential work).No Passenger  flights..!!

# No School until end of January..**  Volunteer Teachers looking after essential-workers children..No pushed or forced sylabus,Basic teaching.

#** Govt & Business Working out, which kids parents need to stay at home or baby-sitting..11+yrs old can look After themselves...

# No Hospitality Business,No 3 House parties until further notice...

# All Pubs & restaurants allowed to do takeaway-services...until 22:30

# hardline Curfews 23:00 hrs...allows some Essential Shift workers to Pick up take-away & Late Sleepers & dogowners  to get out...

# Law-breakers Automatic fine and/or & menial tasks in Covid hospitals, doing society's Dirty work...

# No marshal-law, but all People forced by Government regulations to Take on societys needed responsibilties...I

# Governments to be deliberate in decision making...

i) They Worked out furloughs with business, Then Work out with business the  parents needed Child cover,for closed School periods

ii) See that both separated couples & Close Marriage parents can Share Child responsibilities...

One cant Cover all cases, but One should be able to Chase down & Work out an high % of situations...

# Stop Selling Working from home, is the norm...!!! More people Need to be present at their place of work...Plus I might be wrong,but arent there more Singles

Working than parents 'with'  young children...!!

# Surely sometimes its about Holding what you got...both in Government & business...Not trying to Force surging forward in World pandemic times..!!

# NHS Services and Care Services are a very important need, but we still have an Healthy fit majority work-force,who even in white Collar Work could Work

Split hours & Partial Shift work...instead of 20 People Working 9-5...then 10...7-15. the other 10 15-22hrs...for certain branches,including certain govt offices..

Better for firms & businesses to pay some agreed Shift pay, than no Business at all, Plus International Businesses would benifit...obviously also meaning

some Heads of departments,managers & bosses to Work varying hours...( Some actually do)

Shouldnt we all be Working for the Common cause in These pandemic times, It could be something that drags on where the vaccine brings only some respite..

I said Way back in May, be prepared this and affects to carry on into " 2023"....Sheer Bloody ignorant,incompetent Short sightedness, would have both Business & governments Not being prepared...for a Non-return to normal..!!!

Just now, Pliskin said:

It will be another pre recorded message. Just like it was during lockdown 1. He will just come on and spout bollocks for about ten minutes. I think it will be in its strictest form as it was last time. So I expect thousands to be furloughed again. 

I wonder if he'll have learnt his lessons and not include an arbitrary 'it'll be fine by' date.

'Back to normal by Easter!!!!!!!' Of course, Boris. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

Wonder what the rules will be on couples seeing each other than don't live in the same household? Last lockdown they weren't allowed to see each other, right?

Yeah first lockdown I didn’t see my partner for a little over 10 weeks. We’re a support bubble now as I live alone, hope they don’t change that. 

Boris should give some insight into the bizarre and unnatural dramatic increases in cases everywhere in the UK which show this happening at precisely the same time in every location UK wide.

With this in mind hopefully he will cease PCR testing with immediate effect.

Although he is more likely to put this down to sitting with family members over a Xmas dinner unfortunately.  

Edited by Legend_in_blue

We need to see detail of how they think people, especially vulnerable older people, are catching it. If vulnerable people, and their close associates are following guidelines then how are they catching it in the first place? Can only really think of supermarkets? Or maybe carers visiting? 

Different for those in care homes and in hospitals of course. 

I appreciate it's not just the very old requiring hospital treatment. In sure there is somewhere I can see ages of those in ICU? 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Teachers, school and other education staff should be near the top of the vaccination list. How they aren't already is disgraceful.

What about people who work in supermarkets?

• Like 2