Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

17 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Bloke combs his ****ing hair with a balloon, how can he possibly inspire any kind of authority.

Fvcking quality is that mate lol

:appl:

6 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

you enjoyed being on furlough and not working and disappointed you won't be on furlough again? good grief 

Yes I did. What can I say? It was nice having a 2 months off and being paid for it. Was like being a kid in summer holiday all over again! 

The company I work for did it as a safety measure rather than an economical one. 

• Like 1

Away from the shambolic politics...

As more people get vaccinated, at what point do we focus on hospitalisations rather than positive tests in daily figures? For (an extreme) example, I would think 200,000 daily positive tests where the 99% are under 60 would cause far less strain on the NHS than 10,000 daily positive tests whereby 5,000 of those are over 60?

As I’ve read elsewhere, critics of a lockdown would be largely appeased if they was a public plan regards vaccination and a closure of the borders. 

Instead we will all sit trying to debunk Johnson’s pseudo old English and then take to social media in attempt to translate what he’s said 

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Away from the shambolic politics...

As more people get vaccinated, at what point do we focus on hospitalisations rather than positive tests in daily figures? For (an extreme) example, I would think 200,000 daily positive tests where the 99% are under 60 would cause far less strain on the NHS than 10,000 daily positive tests whereby 5,000 of those are over 60?

Something I mentioned before Christmas. The testing capacity and number of tests completed has grew significantly. So the daily positive tests are a red herring. They are useful to alert NHS to possible hospitalisation rates but for the general public, they do nothing in identifying the real reason lockdowns are required 

• Like 1

Kids went back to school for one day then? Probably just enough to spread it a bit more after all the Christmas gatheringslol

May as well just full lockdown for 6-8 weeks, concentrate on getting the vaccine out as much as possible. The only problem is I've got zero faith in them managing that successfully, it'll come to the end of Feb and something else will crop up as to why we're still stuck where we are at the minute. We should be doing 24/7 round the clock vaccines, get as many people injected with it as fast as possible to try and ease the burden on the NHS and allow the kids to go back to school ASAP.

30 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

His cult will still trot out the "he's doing his best" line, no doubt.

Bloke combs his ****ing hair with a balloon, how can he possibly inspire any kind of authority.

Hands down the best comment ever made! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As I’ve read elsewhere, critics of a lockdown would be largely appeased if they was a public plan regards vaccination and a closure of the borders. 

Instead we will all sit trying to debunk Johnson’s pseudo old English and then take to social media in attempt to translate what he’s said 

"Alas, I'm still a verbose cvnt like I was last time you saw me."

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Normally quite a positive person. I was expecting this pending third lockdown at some stage. However, literally feel like shit and everything is pointless. Good thing about working from home, I’ve decided I’m done for the day!

I think this is a larger point about why people are more and more ignoring the rules and restrictions put in place. We're nearly 10 months into this, into some kind of difference, some kind of change to our normal or being told what we can and can't do from what we know.

Whether it's drained, tired, despondent, angry or whatever, people are getting sick of it. The goodwill there seemed to be died out after about four weeks, look where we are now after 10 months,

I'm not trying to condone people breaking rules, I'm trying to understand why people are. I wonder if one of the main issues is that what we're being asked to do is making no difference. Every time we're given something back the numbers rocket, or a new strain comes in. It's an endless, horrible cycle. No wonder people feel like shit and think everything is pointless.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

For me she's a case of admiring a very good politician despite having (IMO) unlikable politics.

She's probably the best mainstream politician in the UK.

SNP aren't really my cuppa either but unfortunately the current government are making an independence vote extremely likely.

I might even unilaterally declare independence for the People's Republic of East Anglia. 

• Like 3