Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Not sure without trawling through this thread but I suppose most people have seen all the links going around saying jabs are available for the over 50’s at all Leicester hospitals ..   

Yes and those links are incorrect.  Leicester Hospitals have this afternoon put out on social media that only those aged over 65 can book a jab. 

2 hours ago, Robo61 said:

Yes and those links are incorrect.  Leicester Hospitals have this afternoon put out on social media that only those aged over 65 can book a jab. 

Weird ...  my mate who told me was told by a senior NHS person it was fine ...  when I went they were aware of my age and it wasn’t a problem ..  indeed when I asked the nurse who gave me mine if I was doing anything wrong she said no, they had time slots and plenty of vaccine but not enough people.  Also when I went in I’d say at least half the people were nearer 25 than 65. Just helped my mate next door book his this morning ...  he’s in at 8.50 tomorrow morning ..   he’s 56 years old. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Foreign holidays in August? As in quarantine-free travel?

How can they foresee that so far in advance?

I hope that element of it is bullshit, I can’t see why it’s August and not sooner, Edit- especially as I’ve heard Ryanair pilots are going back just before Easter.

Edited by Costock_Fox

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I hope that element of it is bullshit, I can’t see why it’s August and not sooner.

Yep, my thoughts too. 

if you can open gyms up early, indoor pubs/restaurants with managed booking systems (initially) should be opened early too.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Foreign holidays in August? As in quarantine-free travel?

How can they foresee that so far in advance?

Apparantly the source is The Times, it's obviously been leaked.

The route out of lockdown will be subject to what exactly?  Regardless of what you're opening up, what is it being measured against?  That is the key question.

If it's the reported 1000 cases a day there is next to no chance of that with the ramping up of LF tests with a FP rate of 0.03%.  You'll never end up below 1000 cases in that scenario.

Current lockdown was to not overwhelm the hospitals and that has been achieved, according to the data.  So open up.  I have a feeling though he'll move the goalposts once again.

• Like 4

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

The route out of lockdown will be subject to what exactly?  Regardless of what you're opening up, what is it being measured against?  That is the key question.

If it's the reported 1000 cases a day there is next to no chance of that with the ramping up of LF tests with a FP rate of 0.03%.  You'll never end up below 1000 cases in that scenario.

Current lockdown was to not overwhelm the hospitals and that has been achieved, according to the data.  So open up.  I have a feeling though he'll move the goalposts once again.

It's a combination of things, isn't it?

Cases, deaths, hospital capacities etc. It's not just any one thing unlocks everything. 

Vaccinations - and the positive effect of - no doubt play a big part. It's quite clearly been a positive start in that respect.