Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

24 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

The rates in some Locations in Leicestershire would fulfil local lockdown criteria as they stand now ! So we need people locally to stick to the rules and start to drive the rates down faster 

What's the criteria for local lockdown?

Hopefully by May they'll be that many vaccinations taken place that nowhere will have to stay in lockdown. It'd be just typical and genuinely ridiculous if after over 12 months in lockdown we're still left in it.

30 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Why on Earth would restrictions for weddings remain in place if large events are allowed to go ahead?

BBC are quoted saying after June 21 this won’t be the case. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

This is much better than the supposed leak so they must have decided to be more generous last minute. If it really is irreversible then Christ June 21st is in the diary 🥳

Il definitely take that!

They are being massively pessimistic IMO based on the initial findings of vaccines studies.  I can only think they are going to come out with the "whiel we don;t want to, we can only open up properly if you can prove you are vaccinated with this handy card!

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Rates gone up today typically on a seven day comparison, albeit at nearly 100k more tests from last week 

We will still get positive tests, just not from those most at risk.  We are now approaching the point where most of the country is living under restrictions to protect a small minority, at vast cost.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

What's the criteria for local lockdown?

Hopefully by May they'll be that many vaccinations taken place that nowhere will have to stay in lockdown. It'd be just typical and genuinely ridiculous if after over 12 months in lockdown we're still left in it.

Depends if the residents of our multi-cultural community start to come forward and have the vaccine they have been offered...

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

We will still get positive tests, just not from those most at risk.  We are now approaching the point where most of the country is living under restrictions to protect a small minority, at vast cost.

Got to agree with this.

3 weeks after those top 9 priority groups are jabbed we should be free and open to do as we please.

I know it says those dates are the earliest, but if they start delaying them by even longer then people aren't going to listen. Come May myself and my mates will be drinking and going about our normal lives, if we're in local lockdown, we'll just travel to an area where they aren't and booze/eat there. This is coming to an end IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stu said:

Depends if the residents of our multi-cultural community start to come forward and have the vaccine they have been offered...

Ridiculous to include that as one of the criterias to open up (if that is indeed what they are doing), you can't force people to have it and in trying to bribe them you'll probably only alienate them further, turning the vaccinated against the un-vaccinated. It's also a choice for them to make, if they don't want it, fine, but why should the rest of us suffer the consequences of them choosing not to have it and essentially putting themselves at risk?

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

In case you missed it all

IMG-20210222-WA0008.jpg.dc11a7080382703f02cb091fccfbe450.jpgIMG-20210222-WA0011.jpg.76ec2b598fb93ffa8408b3f0e7b25142.jpgIMG-20210222-WA0010.jpg.919648c5305f5d532871986115554139.jpgIMG-20210222-WA0009.jpg.41cbc3cb1204fbf9017410ceac64891b.jpg

So, after step one is implemented, if the numbers start to increase again, what happens? do all the dates get pushed back and we persist with step one until the numbers fall or, would it be back to what we have now and wait for more vaccinations to have been completed before trying again. There doesn't appear to be any contingency and it appears to be a case of this is what will happen.

Edited by yorkie1999

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, after step one is implemented, if the numbers start to increase again, what happens? do all the dates get pushed back and we persist with step one until the numbers fall or, would it be back to what we have now and wait for more vaccinations to have been completed before trying again. There doesn't appear to be any contingency and it appears to be a case of this is what will happen.

I imagine if one date gets pushed back, then they will all get pushed back.

My only worry is that kids going back will mean cases jump up (which is obviously a certainty), so they'll spin that as a 'we need to delay the easing of restrictions' card. Meh, whatever, whatever happens happens, just enjoy yourselves folks, we've wasted a year of our lives and soon to be more, start living again, life was meant to be lived.

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Rules on Weddings has been ridiculous throughout. I understand the evenings/reception parties but it would be easy to have socially distant church services, especially given mass services have been allowed. 

6 people allowed at a wedding FFS lol 

And of those 6 (and 15 and 30 when allowed) that includes the registrar and the suppliers! 

There are quite a few studies which suggest pandemics tend to last around 18 months on average, so this would just about suit that timescale.

Being a pessimistic Leicester fan, I can already sense fans being allowed into Wembley just after we're knocked out by a last minute own goal. Next season may the most attended pre-season games on record, if all is to be believed. 

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I imagine if one date gets pushed back, then they will all get pushed back.

My only worry is that kids going back will mean cases jump up (which is obviously a certainty), so they'll spin that as a 'we need to delay the easing of restrictions' card. Meh, whatever, whatever happens happens, just enjoy yourselves folks, we've wasted a year of our lives and soon to be more, start living again, life was meant to be lived.

It could go one of two ways. I'm hoping there's no major increase but if there is, we'll know schools are breeding and spreading grounds for the virus for sure and that may force the Government to accept it, finally. Those three weeks can take the early hit and then we can proceed as expected and open up things that are generally much safer and more secure.

Or, as you say, it panics them and sets everything back. I'm hoping the better weather, which kills off the seasonal illnesses, will reduce the number of cases or we are starting from a much lower base in two weeks (which we should be).

I really hope they are prepared to accept a rise in infections if all schools are back at once. If they aren't it's ridiculous.

• Like 1