Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

lol

She's the gift that keeps giving. Nearly as on it as that Toby Young character. Must be a shoe in for a prime time show on that new Andrew Neil "anti woke" TV channel. 

Although tbf to her if she tweeted after 6pm she was probably already 3 sheets to the wind... Hic 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9276335/In-heartbreaking-pictures-human-face-cancer-epidemic-threatening-100-000-patients.html

'MPs say that 50,000 patients are thought to be living with undiagnosed cancer '

I know the family of one of these girls, truly heartbreaking what they must be going through. She died 3 weeks after being told she had cancer (they didn't know what cancer at the time), horrible.

57 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly the stupidity of people continues to amaze me. The number of samples I've had where the swab is just the wrong way in the tube is incredible. 

36 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

She's the gift that keeps giving. Nearly as on it as that Toby Young character. Must be a shoe in for a prime time show on that new Andrew Neil "anti woke" TV channel. 

Although tbf to her if she tweeted after 6pm she was probably already 3 sheets to the wind... Hic 

I thought that tweet from HIGNFY was satire.

**** me it's real:

• Sad 1

On 17/02/2021 at 10:27, davieG said:

So my Granddaughter is a lot better today. My son had a bad night and was told this morning he'd tested positive but even he's feeling a little better and distracting himself by working at home - Self isolating now but as he said what's different?

Took a turn for the worst and he's been in bed for the last 3 days. :(

• Sad 2

On 18/02/2021 at 12:13, Innovindil said:

Tbf there's the most simplest bmi calculator on the NHS website and people can weigh themselves. Shouldn't be needing to pay gp's for something anyone can do. Unless of course people are too fat to use at home scales, in which case I'd just go by the assumption your bmi is high and you should contact your gp. Took me all of 20 seconds. 

Loads of bodybuilders will be classed as obese, even at under 10%bf.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Completely heartbreaking 

I feel quite fortunate that I got mine in May 2019 rather than May 2020, could've been a completely different outcome.

I had issues with follow up consultant appointments after Covid struck but nothing compared to what lots of people are experiencing/will experience. :(  

Absolutely!

Would be rude of me not to ask if you are fine now?

22 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Absolutely!

Would be rude of me not to ask if you are fine now?

Yeah completely fine, come July will be 2 years in remission.

I caught it very early and the NHS were absolutely fantastic, that's why it's so heartbreaking for these people not getting diagnosed because it's not the death sentence people think it is if you catch the ****er early! 

Edited by Simmo86
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

No credit to the NHS, Geoff?

I think a lot of people can take credit, Stan.

I was singling out the Govt for their role in it because it contrasts to how they've handled many other elements of the pandemic.

Almost goes without saying the NHS have been top class throughout.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Fvck all, sadly.

I think while it’s important for all this to come out in the wash, I don’t blame him for not divulging the details of contracts at the time, even if it was unlawful. The last thing the government wanted or the country needed at the time was for people to find out how desperate they were over PPE and how much they were willing to pay for it.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I think while it’s important for all this to come out in the wash, I don’t blame him for not divulging the details of contracts at the time, even if it was unlawful. The last thing the government wanted or the country needed at the time was for people to find out how desperate they were over PPE and how much they were willing to pay for it.

So a minister does something unlawful and because they're worried about the reputation as a result of it, it's alright?

43 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Hope he gets better soon, what symptoms does he have/ had? Is Your grand daughter better now? 

Thanks, as I can only use the phone to text I've been trying not to bother him so not sure about his symptoms. Yes better but still suffering a little

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not unusual to have a downturn after a few days and having felt like you’re recovering. Hopefully it’s a short term downturn ....

Thanks, seems to be the case. 

Hopefully tomorrow sees him better.