Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

1.6 million tests today. That is an incomprehensible number. That's 50 times the capacity of the KP. And less than the capacity of the kop were positive. 

Weekly hospital admissions down 27% when last reported. 

Imagine the false positives on 1.6 million. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Otis said:

Imagine the false positives on 1.6 million. 

My daughter’s friend is one of them 

she and her whole sixth form class have been told to isolate 

she has had another LF and also a PCR test which are both negative ........ to no availl.  The school say everyone must continue to isolate ....  what a nonsense ....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Otis said:

Absolutely ridiculous isn't it. But for teachers if they get a negative they can go back immeadiately.

What i don't understand is who are "they" trying to protect?- all the most at risk have had the vaccine.

Death rates have fallen 90%, hospitals aren't overwhelmed, positive tests have fallen off a cliff. But now if we're testing 1.6m a day it won't be long before the gov talk about the worrying high number of cases but know full well about the FP rates.

They are blinded by Covid, It's like it's all they can see, whilst millions are lives/jobs/businesses that people have spent all they lives building are ruined & on hold.

They’re happy to be testing loads - around a quarter of positives are checked for which strain - they are desperate to find all the s African and Brazil variants cases out there to keep them under control .   

the number later next week and into the following week will be under scrutiny ref school re openings .....hopefully nothing too bad and April 12th remains the next step ...

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

They’re happy to be testing loads - around a quarter of positives are checked for which strain - they are desperate to find all the s African and Brazil variants cases out there to keep them under control .   

the number later next week and into the following week will be under scrutiny ref school re openings .....hopefully nothing too bad and April 12th remains the next step ...

As long as hospitalisations don't get out of hand there won't be an issue.

I don't see any reason to close the country down because 0.5% of the population feel a little bit poorly.

Just now, st albans fox said:

after all, this time last year, the Italian variant was fast becoming the dominant strain in Europe and causing more infections and deaths than its East Asian predecessor......

And the borders still stayed open! 

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You mean the one administered by the NHS and supported by military planning/logistics rather than being farmed out to the private sector ???

it’s no surprise that private companies won’t spend what’s required to get the job done ...... but that doesn’t mean that the vaccine program couldn’t have been a disaster in public control .....  we should be grateful that something has gone well ....

bbc has a concerning article re developments in Europe ........ we need to keep our borders controlled to try and keep out potentially disastrous variants - after all, this time last year, the Italian variant was fast becoming the dominant strain in Europe and causing more infections and deaths than its East Asian predecessor.......

Yes exactly that. I work for the NHS and what the sector has done is phenomenal. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ruthless and efficient little bastards when we want to be, the vaccination programme has been and continues to be incredible.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

You mean the one administered by the NHS and supported by military planning/logistics rather than being farmed out to the private sector ???

it’s no surprise that private companies won’t spend what’s required to get the job done ...... but that doesn’t mean that the vaccine program couldn’t have been a disaster in public control .....  we should be grateful that something has gone well ....

bbc has a concerning article re developments in Europe ........ we need to keep our borders controlled to try and keep out potentially disastrous variants - after all, this time last year, the Italian variant was fast becoming the dominant strain in Europe and causing more infections and deaths than its East Asian predecessor.......

BBC News - EU closes ranks over Covid surge and vaccine delays
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56361840

Just had a text to say I'm eligible to book the vaccine due to an underlying health condition.

Bit confused, I'm 35, have arthritis in my knees and suffer from reflux. Not sure either of his two conditions qualify me for it? My BMI is in the acceptable area too so not weight related.

19 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Just had a text to say I'm eligible to book the vaccine due to an underlying health condition.

Bit confused, I'm 35, have arthritis in my knees and suffer from reflux. Not sure either of his two conditions qualify me for it? My BMI is in the acceptable area too so not weight related.

I wouldn't even worry or question it, just get yourself booked in and get the jab.

A lot depends on your area, if they're way ahead of the game, they may well be doing ages 35-40 years of age now, or they could be getting a huge supply next week and are able to do all the ages 35-50 in one week.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I wouldn't even worry or question it, just get yourself booked in and get the jab.

A lot depends on your area, if they're way ahead of the game, they may well be doing ages 35-40 years of age now, or they could be getting a huge supply next week and are able to do all the ages 35-50 in one week.

Oh I've booked it, Tuesday morning.

Could have waited longer to get somewhere nearer but got in on Tueday for East Goscote. It's a 10 mile drive but I'll take that.

• Like 1