Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

My favourite time of the day at the minute, that finish line feels like it's getting closer and closer!

65 deaths

4712 new cases

First dose: 22,377,255

Second dose: 1,142,643

Significant reduction in the number of deaths there. Feels much more positive. 

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Significant reduction in the number of deaths there. Feels much more positive. 

Down from 102 last week. Should be looking at around 40 next monday if it continues to drop at the same level.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

No we're trying to make money. They're abusing the system and we all know it. They justify it to themselves by saying the work is unpredictable and set hours per week wouldn't work in our market. We all know what's going on but no one's going to say anything and sink the company. 

I know so many businesses who have done similar. It’s complete bollocks and a really unfair situation to put staff in. Hope you sort something out mate. 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Hope mask-wearing won't be the norm for the rest of the year, especially if cases remain fairly low like now (<5000).

Honestly don't see the issue with it. Wearing a mask in a shop or when moving around a busy area is hardly difficult, and if it allows a return to normal and opening of things I'm happy to wear one. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

They really really don't understand how normal people think. 

Rightly or wrongly, parents (me included) will do everything possible to either not test, or produce negative tests, for the kids (who, of course, are unaffected by the virus other than in freak circumstances) and keep them in school

.....and before anybody shouts me down that it's to prevent someone else being infected...I know. I'm just being honest and feel that kids giving up.all sport, social and education for a year is frankly, a fairly big contribution to community spirit. Enough is enough 

Well the most at risk should have had the vaccine, so the danger is minimal.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Link to how well countries are doing rolling out  the vaccine.

Safe to say we are well clear! 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ev-TeZiXMAMvFrb?format=jpg&name=small

Essential that our 'friends' on the continent get their act together as its only a matter of time before they start seeing more mutations which might place our vaccination roll out in jeopardy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Essential that our 'friends' on the continent get their act together as its only a matter of time before they start seeing more mutations which might place our vaccination roll out in jeopardy. 

Optimistic, Pessimistic, or Realistic | by Shendo Maccow | Medium

I had my AZ jab a few weeks back now, due to a contract I have. No side effects, nothing, had the jab walked home all fine, had a beer and watched the footy. Everyone else I have spoke to has had side effects, mainly shivering. 

My mrs joked that it hadn’t worked which I just laughed at at first but I’m starting to get paranoid now. Anyone else had no side effects lol 

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I had my AZ jab a few weeks back now, due to a contract I have. No side effects, nothing, had the jab walked home all fine, had a beer and watched the footy. Everyone else I have spoke to has had side effects, mainly shivering. 

My mrs joked that it hadn’t worked which I just laughed at at first but I’m starting to get paranoid now. Anyone else had no side effects lol 

Any bruises? It was the first confirmation I had that the jab actually went in lol

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Any bruises? It was the first confirmation I had that the jab actually went in lol

lol

No, not really, a few days later the other half asked that. I could feel where it went if I pressed it hard but not otherwise. She then accused me of already having COVID lol 

Point has been made that the AZ jab is a live virus (not covid), so it’s no surprise that many have a reaction as their body reacts to a virus being put into them ....

shivers, headaches etc etc ......it’s surely not unusual.

How the Oxford COVID-19 vaccine works

The ChAdOx1 vaccine is a chimpanzee adenovirus vaccine vector. This is a harmless, weakened adenovirus that usually causes the common cold in chimpanzees. ChAdOx1 was chosen as the most suitable vaccine technology for a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine as it has been shown to generate a strong immune response from one dose in other vaccines. It has been genetically changed so that it is impossible for it to grow in humans. This also makes it safer to give to children, the elderly and anyone with a pre-existing condition such as diabetes. Chimpanzee adenoviral vectors are a very well-studied vaccine type, having been used safely in thousands of subjects.

37 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

No side effects here either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Point has been made that the AZ jab is a live virus (not covid), so it’s no surprise that many have a reaction as their body reacts to a virus being put into them ....

shivers, headaches etc etc ......it’s surely not unusual.

How the Oxford COVID-19 vaccine works

The ChAdOx1 vaccine is a chimpanzee adenovirus vaccine vector. This is a harmless, weakened adenovirus that usually causes the common cold in chimpanzees. ChAdOx1 was chosen as the most suitable vaccine technology for a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine as it has been shown to generate a strong immune response from one dose in other vaccines. It has been genetically changed so that it is impossible for it to grow in humans. This also makes it safer to give to children, the elderly and anyone with a pre-existing condition such as diabetes. Chimpanzee adenoviral vectors are a very well-studied vaccine type, having been used safely in thousands of subjects.

My mum had hers on Friday night, she was pretty ill for 2 days but fine now.

To be expected and shouldn’t put anyone off but just expect to be rough for a few days.

My 14 year old daughters first day back at school today. She suffers from MH issues so was very apprehensive but we got her on the bus etc. so all good.

Just got a phone call from the school to say that she's "been in contact with a student who has tested positive" so we have to collect her and she now has to isolate at home for 10 days.

Fvck this bollux. She goes out her way not to come into contact with people and won't touch anything/one because of her OCD. Wouldn't be surprised if this other students test was a false positive anyway.

More disruption. When will it end? Pissed off.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

57 minutes ago, Izzy said:

My 14 year old daughters first day back at school today. She suffers from MH issues so was very apprehensive but we got her on the bus etc. so all good.

Just got a phone call from the school to say that she's "been in contact with a student who has tested positive" so we have to collect her and she now has to isolate at home for 10 days.

Fvck this bollux. She goes out her way not to come into contact with people and won't touch anything/one because of her OCD. Wouldn't be surprised if this other students test was a false positive anyway.

More disruption. When will it end? Pissed off.

It’s a farce for the kids.  My niece did three lots of the isolation stuff from October to December last year. We can’t keep doing this to them. 

• Like 1

It's a joke isn't it? One positive is that the isolation is only 10 days now rather than the previous 14.

At what point do we start to question when we should be unlocking btw? We could be seeing less than 100 deaths a day everyday by the end of the month, with some days being close to single digit figures. That's if the schools don't start spreading it like wildfire again, but with most of the at risk population being vaccinated, there shouldn't be an issue hopefully.

• Like 1