Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ruthless and efficient little bastards when we want to be, the vaccination programme has been and continues to be incredible.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

You mean the one administered by the NHS and supported by military planning/logistics rather than being farmed out to the private sector ???

it’s no surprise that private companies won’t spend what’s required to get the job done ...... but that doesn’t mean that the vaccine program couldn’t have been a disaster in public control .....  we should be grateful that something has gone well ....

We should be very proud of the team effort - the Govt brilliantly sorting out the vaccines and then the brilliant people administering them.

Pats on the back all round, they've all smashed it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I've had a couple of discussions with people who say they won't have the vaccination (including daughter). 

This is a great little BBC video that will help some to understand why it's so important. 

BBC News - What happens if I don't get the Covid vaccine?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56359242

Did your daughter mention why she would not out of interest? I also watched that video and thought it decent enough.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did your daughter mention why she would not out of interest? I also watched that video and thought it decent enough.

She's needle phobic so trying to make arguments why it's a waste of time. But we know the real reason. 

10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

She's needle phobic so trying to make arguments why it's a waste of time. But we know the real reason. 

Fair enough

8 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Almost half the adult popluation have had the vaccine yet we're still suposed to stay indoors. maybe if people could see the restrictions lifting faster in relation to the vaccine rollout & overall serious cases/deaths, those that are against the vaccine would be more willing to take it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rain King said:

Just had a text to say I'm eligible to book the vaccine due to an underlying health condition.

Bit confused, I'm 35, have arthritis in my knees and suffer from reflux. Not sure either of his two conditions qualify me for it? My BMI is in the acceptable area too so not weight related.

A lot of it depends on the area people are in. Some areas don't have many old people so they are already way down the age groups. I have friends in Newcastle City Centre who are in their early 20s who are already getting the vaccine. They questioned why and was told that their area was almost all students and young professionals so basically it was their turn based on age. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I've had a couple of discussions with people who say they won't have the vaccination (including daughter). 

This is a great little BBC video that will help some to understand why it's so important. 

BBC News - What happens if I don't get the Covid vaccine?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56359242

Tell that To the family of Marvin Hagler

Just now, st albans fox said:

Now the Irish advise the AZ vaccine prog is suspended 

one would have thought that we would know if there was an issue, given the number of AZ jabs we’ve administered......

That's what I can't work out. We've administered over 20million jabs, America has done more. The majority here have been AZ jabs (I think) I'm struggling to understand how this is becoming an issue now. Also why the UK and the EU are saying it's not an issue but other govts are saying it is. It seems very odd to me.

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

That's what I can't work out. We've administered over 20million jabs, America has done more. The majority here have been AZ jabs (I think) I'm struggling to understand how this is becoming an issue now. Also why the UK and the EU are saying it's not an issue but other govts are saying it is. It seems very odd to me.

Politics at play. A good way to divert attention from their own failings. Poor. 

• Like 1

The vaccination figures for Saturday were the second highest overall daily total (totalling 1st & 2nd doses, 512,108 and 52,155 respectively). That's now 24.2m having had their 1st dose, 1.58m 2nd dose.

Supply should now be significantly higher than is has been and is expected to be sustained at this level for several weeks, so here's hoping for a couple of bumper weeks!

7 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

The vaccination figures for Saturday were the second highest overall daily total (totalling 1st & 2nd doses, 512,108 and 52,155 respectively). That's now 24.2m having had their 1st dose, 1.58m 2nd dose.

Supply should now be significantly higher than is has been and is expected to be sustained at this level for several weeks, so here's hoping for a couple of bumper weeks!

Supply should be even higher if all these countries keep suspending the astra zeneca vaccine. More for us!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It started in Denmark and Norway - I don’t believe these countries have done a bad job ref covid ......

And its spreading further. Something weird is going on. Nothing to do with the OX-AZ vaccine being 3 or 4 times cheaper than Pfizer? Ie. No profit for the Pharmas? Or is it because of the British connection?